• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It has this weird thing going where what would be epic, world-shaking events in other sci-fi stories feel a little blunted because it's in a show about high school girl adventures in space. Like, a
world-faring Ark ship with a cloned line of royalty should feel a lot more insanely overarcingly heavy, but because of the general treatment of the world, it just feels... kinda fuwa fuwa

Whatever, it's still really enjoyable~

That kinda makes me want to watch the show. But I think I know better. Argh. Fuwa fuwa indeed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 038
IkKdrfFl.jpg
fDI0OLgl.jpg
This episode had copious amounts of :sdburton ReiXUsagi action, but the real star of the show was Yuichirou! What a true bro. If only Rei didn't want you for your
big fat rolls of money. :(
Narag moé~
I forgot to post French braid Usagi in my post and figured out too late. Thanks for that, it is pretty great!
I think bob cut Usagi is the best. :|

Jintor

That kinda makes me want to watch the show. But I think I know better. Argh. Fuwa fuwa indeed.

The pacing is really really slow before the fifth episode :T

It's been fun times since then, though! I need to get some work done before I binge, though...

Needs more sharpening and saturation.

What are they anywho? It's easy to stay within 3MB.

I don't actually know because my gif-making skills suck

Theonik

Mai Ritoru Poni: Tomodachi wa Mahou 02
Somewhat disappointed they didn't just sing the English songs with Katakana pronunciations, I guess translating them was the next best thing though! I am warming up more and more to the voices now.
Celestia's and Luna's voices were nice. "Gomenasai One-sama" is how they translated it in the end.

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 038
I think bob cut Usagi is the best. :|
But we had seen it before on the cruise ship episode!

jgminto

She's cute but she reminds me of Robert's wife off Everybody Loves Raymond. It's a little off-putting.

On an unrelated note:

Girls und Panzer 11/12
A fairly standard end to this style of show. The whole plot hasn't really been that different from every other "win the competition, save the whatever" story but it was really carried by its unique style and fun characters.

The final battle was insanely entertaining. They definitely topped themselves on that front. Really well paced and exciting. Mecha shows should take note. Lots of fast movements and pew pew lasers doesn't make it exciting. I was much more enthralled by the tank battles in GuP than both Gargantia and MJP's mecha action and GuP didn't even have a cool sniper robot.

Coming into the show for the novelty, I was pleasantly surprised and will be there day one for season 2.

hahaha lol, I am pretty sure Goku could take on everyone there by himself.

Number 1 rule for Crossovers: Don't include Dragonball Z.

Trully impressive all the dragon Z character could have ended this very quickly ..
From gokku that had to save the earth and left but still managed to catch up with luffy and toriko . From goten & trunks that fusionned for no reason. From gohan that could have one shot the monster but let the other 3 made food instead

But the worst is the battle royale in the end..

NeonZ

I haven't really been following the news on it as much as others so regarding the new, or continuation of, Saint Seiya Omega, has it been announced how many episodes it will be? Another 50 or so again or less this time?

No, it's unknown at this point. The first season itself never received an official episode count either before we got the second season announced.

http://i.imgur.com/F9dHM1y.jpg
P.I9?<?>

Reminds me of this...

Ningen_Dangale_ep172_01_zps9d2af4af.jpg

Although that's actually a mix of an old Gundam rip-off (Gungal) and Eva, rather than actual proper Gundam and Eva.

1301743241231_zpsd29bfd04.jpg

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Was the fact that more Infinite Stratos Anime being made has been confirmed already posted? I read about it somewhere else but it seems it's been mentioned on Anime News Network as well here.

It was pretty obvious this would happen when the new book was announced. I wonder if they will change the artwork to match the new style in the books.

Articalys

...well, alright then. If no one else is gonna post it:

2013 04/01~04/07 BD List
*1 (***) *** 43,439 43,439 **1 Nekomonogatari (Kuro) v2
*2 (***) *** *2,770 *2,770 **1 GJ-bu v2
*3 (***) *32 *2,555 28,383 **3 Girls und Panzer v3
*4 (***) **9 *2,165 91,452 **3 Kidou Senshi Gundam Unicorn v6 LE
*5 (***) **1 *1,984 25,531 **2 Sword Art Online v6
*6 (***) **4 *1,882 15,418 **2 Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v3
*7 (***) *18 *1,589 23,993 **3 Love Live! v1
*8 (***) *** *1,549 *1,549 **1 Kotoura-san v1
*9 (***) *20 *1,483 27,188 **3 Kidou Senshi Gundam Unicorn v6 RE
10 (***) **7 *1,372 62,693 **3 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A's SLE

2013 04/01~04/07 DVD List
*1 (***) *** 5,732 *,**5,732 **1 Nekomonogatari (Kuro) v2
*2 (***) *14 2,788 *,*54,905 **3 Kidou Senshi Gundam UC v6
*3 (***) *** 1,921 *,**1,921 **1 ONE PIECE 15th Season Gyojintou-hen v5
*4 (***) *** 1,744 *,**1,744 **1 Aikatsu! v2
*5 (***) *** 1,365 *,**5,084 **3 ZIP! Ohayou Ninja-tai Gacchaman Bergu Kattse-hen
*6 (***) *** *,994 *,***,994 **1 Naruto Shippuuden Nintou Nananinjuu no Jou v1
*7 (***) *78 *,953 *,*40,605 **7 Ookami Kodomo Ame to Yuki
*8 (***) *74 *,947 *,**3,917 **3 ZIP! Ohayou Ninja-tai Gacchaman Oowashi no Ken-hen
10 (***) *** *,842 *,***,842 **1 Ixion Saga DT v5
11 (***) *80 *,812 *,**3,619 **3 ZIP! Ohayou Ninja-tai Gacchaman Anderson Choukan-hen
13 (***) *15 *,775 *,**8,812 **2 Gintama' Enchousen v2
14 (***) *** *,753 1,184,838 599 Tonari no Totoro
16 (***) *36 *,717 *,**3,711 **2 Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v3
18 (***) *20 *,668 *,**5,968 **2 Sword Art Online v6
22 (***) *30 *,533 *,**3,752 **2 Magi v4
24 (***) *37 *,506 *,**3,408 **2 Amnesia v1
26 (***) *31 *,463 *,*14,183 **3 Kuroko no Basuke v9
27 (***) *** *,462 *,**4,431 **3 Eiga Smile Precure! Ehon no Naka wa Minna Chiguhagu! LE

Only Kotoura-san is a new vol.1 this week, and it's also the last full-length series for the season to get a normal BD/DVD release. Everything else remaining is either short-form shows, DVD-only, or BD-box only.

something also notes that Girls und Panzer stands a good chance of eventually taking the #20 spot from AnoHana on the post-2000 top total series per-volume sales list.

mAcOdIn

Ok, more thoughts:

Gargantia 1
Overall I liked this show, the feed is kinda cruddy with Crunchyroll but it was all passable visually and once they're out of space it looks better. So anyways, I think the show should be fun. The space battle did seem dumb to me though, for many reasons, to them explaining what they were doing as they were doing it for the sake of narration essentially seemed too forced, the plan itself seemed rather haphazard but it was still better than the crap in Majestic Prince so, there.

There's lots of directions I'd like to see the show go, none of which it probably will, but I think it should be good regardless.

Also:
Now for something different. I missed the waifu/harem talk and while I was at work I had a thought, you know what would be great? A Quantum Leap anime where Sam is stuck leaping into random haremites trying to right the wrongs of their past by bringing them closer to the always flaccid penis of the generic harem male lead. The situations would be hilarious, like, after 50 leaps Sam finally leaps into an American girl in Japan and thinks finally he can act a little normal just to be informed by Al that he still has to act like a Japanese anime girl and his only American feature is blond hair. Poor Sam. Imagine his frustration as merely slipping a note into the dude's locker doesn't cut it, an outright confession by the school's tree doesn't cut it, fuck, he tried giving the dude a handjob and he still isn't any closer! How much do you think Sam could take of that shit? Over and over? But regardless, as stupid as harem shows are I think it'd be funny to see someone who finds the idea idiotic forced into trying to become a haremite against their better wishes because it's their duty from God or something(it was God making him do it in Quantum Leap right? I didn't spoil the last episode for anyone I hope!) If the show lasted long enough Sam would probably eventually lose his sanity and just commit suicide every episode saving the girls the pain and humiliation as well as what's sure to be a sad, long, lonely yet never alone life and the soul crushing despair that would surely accompany such an existence. But seriously, who wouldn't want to see an anime Sam Beckett try putting on some cat ears and meowing in the mirror while mimicking the raising of a paw hoping to catch his double's dream man's eye?

wonzo

Banned
Little Busters 26! END

lb26.jpg

26 episodes and they didn't even get to where the real fun begins... smh. *mothballs the "RONPAUL" for next season*

kengo > fake lesbo > wafuuuuuuuu > * > narcoleptic retard with the dumbest and most self-indulgent internal monologues i've ever heard

Which anime is this from?
Also what are the best magical girl shows from the last couple years. My wife loves the shit out of magical girls
JNCPkWB.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also what are the best magical girl shows from the last couple years. My wife loves the shit out of magical girls
Gif is from Jewelpet, 7th was watching it.

Best magical girl shows of the recent years are Heartcatch Precure, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Smile Precure, and Little Witch Academia.

cajunator

Banned
Someone really needa create a glossary of names in the industry that matter and why they matter.

I suck with names ;_;

I just know a few of my favorite seiyuus.

I forgot to put Chiaki because Im stupid and exhausted but she's in the big 4.

Chiaki Omigawa, Kana Hanazawa, Miyukichi, Halko momoi

Some others I like are Aya hirano, Kana Asumi, Eri Kitamura, Megumi Hayashibara, and Chiwa Saito.

Im worse with directors and artists, unless its my absolute favorites.

wonzo

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1zdvD71dQ

The male characters look designed by a completely different person, the henshin looks lewder than Precure henshins, the amount of mascot characters is still insane...

JNCPkWB.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcV-aXQLmdU

HOLY SHIT 2D DANCING... never mind, they turn CG at the end.
Can't go wrong with Heartcatch Precure & Smile Precure.

Lain

Karneval 1

Nice start, especially the beginning, with some fast paced action to get Gareki and Nai closer to the train part of the episode.
I also like the art, which so far in the first episode represented well what I'm used to from the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom