• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Meanwhile, over on Twitter, Opn is making the claim that he knows a guy who finds accurate simulcast leaks every season, and this guy says Funi will be streaming Date A Live and Attack on Titan, despite the earlier MBS reports about the latter. Now he's just backed the claim up with proof of images hosted on Funi's site.

http://www.funimation.com/sites/all/themes/funimation2//shows/attack-on-titan/key-art.jpg
http://www.funimation.com/sites/all/themes/funimation2//shows/date-a-live/key-art.jpg

Funi has simulcast announcements coming up in a few hours, so we'll see.

Well that's good news.

Meanwhile, over on Twitter, Opn is making the claim that he knows a guy who finds accurate simulcast leaks every season, and this guy says Funi will be streaming Date A Live and Attack on Titan, despite the earlier MBS reports about the latter. Now he's just backed the claim up with proof of images hosted on Funi's site.

http://www.funimation.com/sites/all/themes/funimation2//shows/date-a-live/key-art.jpg

Funi has simulcast announcements coming up in a few hours, so we'll see.

------------------------------

And to join the other TBS show, Crunchyroll also picks up Oregairu -- My Teen Rom Com SNAFU. One-week delay, just like Photo Kano.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...to-stream-my-teen-romantic-comedy-snafu-anime

Ah I could finally see SNAFU now. With Attack on Titan hopefully, of the 14 shows Im watching, just would need Red Data Girl to get a simulcast, I guess...and then a mid/late season pick up of Kingdom 2.

Shergal

0eNYlIm.gif

Have some recent cute girls gif.

It's great :3

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 7

Oh GOD I feel like an idiot. How the hell did I not see that? And it's so obvious now!

But why does Tsubomi have to be crushed to find out that the SC president is a girl? Love is love, dammit. If you were smitten before, why can't you be now? SDBurton is not amused, Tsubomi.

Well, just like Makoto from iDOLM@STER, the SC president is frustrated with having to act like a dude (well, more like pretend to be one. I'm not quite sure why). She likes cute things and wants to be girly and shit. So the fabulous villain dude (just about the only villain at this point that I'm even vaguely interested in, which is actually one more than Futari wa) steals her heart flower. But things end fine.

And the SC president may join the Fashion Club. That would be cool, I guess. As long as she stays as cool as she is.

Jex

I'm less wondering if it's something they want to do and more curious why.
Why do Japanese lisceners charge obscene fees for shows that are only popular in Japan? Why did Bandai close it's profitable American division? What's going on with Sailor Moon?

As far more experienced people than me have noted Japanese licence holders either view the American market as a secondary or even tertiary concern or they expect any property released their to be as successful as it is in Japan meaning they want to charge a lot for the rights to it.

Simple really!

Grzi

Oh yeah, I watched the first episode of Majestic Prince. It was kind of fun, but still not as much as I expected, I'm not sure, something about the episode structure and pacing just felt a bit off.

Articalys

Apparently Funimation went ahead and just confirmed their Date A Live simulcast. Streaming on Fridays at 1:30pm EDT with a one-week delay.

Their normal announcement page on Facebook still says to wait unti 6:00pm EDT for today's announcement. Was this an early response to realizing the pictures leaked?

Mature

This guy gets it.

Why do Japanese lisceners charge obscene fees for shows that are only popular in Japan? Why did Bandai close it's profitable American division? What's going on with Sailor Moon?

As far more experienced people than me have noted Japanese licence holders either view the American market as a secondary or even tertiary concern or they expect any property released their to be as successful as it is in Japan meaning they want to charge a lot for the rights to it.

Simple really!
Uh-oh, now you're making me recall that Bandai ANN podcast. Sad and confusing stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If only we could have seen him imprint some of that lighter idealism he likes to a series like House of Cards instead! Am I right? :p

Please, I was just kidding... don't try to hit me!
Maybe Kevin Spacey would have a 3DS instead of a dead console then!

I imagine ColonyDrop are going to be thrilled with this development.
As much as Culture Japan is a commercial for Bushiroad and all that junk, at least he's able to go to an anime studio once in a while. More than can be said for most English language animu coverage.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Psycho-Pass 14-22

bCYfM6b.png

WOOOOOORTH IT.

I really wished they gave these two more attention. We barely had any interaction of the two out of the 22 episodes we were given. I kinda hope there will be a second season so they can rectify that issue. Overall, not one of the better shows that aired last season but not downright terrible by any means. Just stop quoting dead people. Now, off to see if there's any ShionxYayoi doujins on the net!

=========================================
This is cute girls doing cute things right

i8Dz88EQGc5Fw.gif

ifa8IoXXVoki2_zpsf92d3a9a.gif

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hataraku Maou-sama was pretty decent, got better once they stopped with the action stuff. The demon language was a nice touch and made for some funny moments, hope to see more of that in the show.
What the hell was up with this scene? Weird shit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Heartcatch Precure 7

But why does Tsubomi have to be crushed to find out that the SC president is a girl? Love is love, dammit. If you were smitten before, why can't you be now? SDBurton is not amused, Tsubomi.

I certainly was not. I was like "Who cares if she's a girl?! Don't give me that garbage!!"

Kagami

Apparently Funimation went ahead and just confirmed their Date A Live simulcast. Streaming on Fridays at 1:30pm EDT with a one-week delay.

Their normal announcement page on Facebook still says to wait unti 6:00pm EDT for today's announcement. Was this an early response to realizing the pictures leaked?

Ahhh nice this makes things easier.
Wasn't happy having to deal with Nico's livestream.
That still leaves Red Data Girl languishing in livestream hell but I may just give up on that show.

EDIT: Oh lol never mind, they have both?

Articalys

Ahhh nice this makes things easier.
Wasn't happy having to deal with Nico's livestream.
That still leaves Red Data Girl languishing in livestream hell but I may just give up on that show.

EDIT: Oh lol never mind, they have both?
If that screenshot was real and not someone's photoshop, then I guess so. The tagline for Date A Live is correct now on Funi's site so I've got no way to prove/disprove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom