• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

What awful aesthetics?

Do we need to do this agin?

Yes. Yes we do;

DpR0ySk.jpg

I mean for fucks sake, eyes don't go there. They don't!

Soma

^I've said it before in the AnH OT but I really like how she looks in that frame.

It's just that other image wasn't exactly very flattering.

Tatami Galaxy - 11

What a nice way to end this story. To me the best episode, together with 09.
The
way all episodes conects and form the story,
beatiful.
Tatami Galaxy is just fantastic, no way around the fact. *bow*

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do we need to do this agin?

Yes. Yes we do;

DpR0ySk.jpg

I mean for fucks sake, eyes don't go there. They don't!

Maybe I'm crazy, but this looks the result of the camera angle/perspective. Her glasses look like they're pushed down/out.

Mysterious Girlfriend X box:

Not a huge fan of it, but I don't especially hate it either. I'll drop the $40.

Awesome. I really enjoyed the show, so it's nice to see it getting released over here. Especially given that the premise isn't exactly 'fly off the shelf' type of stuff.

Metrotab

Banned
The Full Metal Panic soundtrack was so good I had to stop watching the first episode halfway through to post about it on the internet.
I really hope they have the same sound in S2 and S3.

Yuru Yuri S2 - 12 (END)

Quality entertainment through to the end. The Snow White show was genius. Quite the dramatic ending.

Can't wait for S3, which'll come, right? Right?

Sparrow's Hotel 1
tumblr_ml0e0mlc391qbxqfpo1_500.png

I like that 'skit'...but how many of these are they covering, it feels like five or six just random 30 second moments are covered in these three minutes and at times feels barely even connected. Locking it to 480p is also a bit awkward.

The Full Metal Panic soundtrack was so good I had to stop watching the first episode halfway through to post about it on the internet.
I really hope they have the same sound in S2 and S3.
S2 has a fantastic soundtrack

Yuru Yuri S2 - 12 (END)

Quality entertainment through to the end. The Snow White show was genius. Quite the dramatic ending.

Can't wait for S3, which'll come, right? Right?

We'll take an S3 gladly ...

Steroyd

What awful aesthetics?

Maybe aesthetics is the wrong word to use overall, but I'm too distracted by the non moving derp face, pop in faces, characters looking weird at times, low framerate and weird lip synching to pay attention to the show.

Like I said in my initial impressions, I respect what they tried to do, but it looks horrible.

All I have to do is bitch about anti aliasing and I've gone full blown gaming side graphics whore.

kazebyaka

Banned
So, can anybody recommend me most funny comedy that came out for the past 5 years? Something really hilarious, even if without plot at all. I thought that Ouran was quite good in that aspect, so maybe something similar. Thanks.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Maybe aesthetics is the wrong word to use overall, but I'm too distracted by the non moving derp face, pop in faces, characters looking weird at times, low framerate and weird lip synching to pay attention to the show.

Like I said in my initial impressions, I respect what they tried to do, but it looks horrible.

All I have to do is bitch about anti aliasing and I've gone full blown gaming side graphics whore.
Stop paying attention to those things and take it in.

So, can anybody recommend me most funny comedy that came out for the past 5 years? Something really hilarious, even if without plot at all. I thought that Ouran was quite good in that aspect, so maybe something similar. Thanks.

Nichijou
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Detroit Metal City

There may or may not be something I'm completely forgetting.

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! 14

This episode has Shinji's dad problems in it, which is itself a shout out to NGE. MOST of this episode, though, is more about shouting out to MSG. The chief of these shout outs being the cocky pilot for the Red Dragons, who has a red shirt on, as well as slicked back blonde hair and black shades. He's a Char Clone, of the Quattro variety, (as opposed to Gauron, who, as the pilot of the red mech for the show, is the Char Clone in chief.) Anyway, the other shout outs are when Sousuke is rushing toward the table to save Shinji's dad's team, and one of the pilots exclaims that his unidentified AS is moving 3x faster than the normal AS. Also the Red Stream Attack, which is a shout out to MSG's Jet Stream Attack. The odd thing, though, is the Char Clone is all upons Kaname. Was Char ever into younger women? I mean, he was into Lalah, but she wasn't that much younger, was she?

Branduil

The disappearing faces thing is pretty minor, considering you can tell just as much through the body language.

Doesn't make it any less distracting when their faces just disappear. People wouldn't give normal anime a pass for not drawing faces so I don't see any reason to do so just because it's "arty."

Mushibuyou Episode 1

Opening: Actually fits the show, still don't like it very much.
Ending: It's okay but not good enough for me to listen to regularly.

Reading the manga first probably ruined this episode for me. Didn't appreciate the change in how Jinbei joined the group, Kotori's meeting with the dad, and when everyone in the group came to his aid early on. Thought it ruined his moment for when he rescued Haru and when he first saw Mugai. Art style transitioned well and the fighting doesn't seem to be toned down to much. Glad they got an appropriate VA for Jinbei that won't annoy me when listening to him talk. Haru still has that amazing rack on her, though the sound effects when they bounce are going a bit to far for my taste.

Next week has some backstory about Hibachi which since that hasn't been covered yet, I'm actually looking forward to see.

Doesn't make it any less distracting when their faces just disappear. People wouldn't give normal anime a pass for not drawing faces so I don't see any reason to do so just because it's "arty."

The show is all the better for not being 'normal anime', so I'd rather take it for what it is instead of nitpicking about the aesthetics.

Dresden

The disappearing faces thing is pretty minor, considering you can tell just as much through the body language.

It's noticeably shoddy and just another sign of difficulties with budget, production, whatever. The rotoscoping is undeniably poor all throughout, even accounting for intent, which in this case seems rather haphazard--there's no sign that the occasional facelessness has anything to do with some idea in mind.

The show is all the better for not being 'normal anime', so I'd rather take it for what it is instead of nitpicking about the aesthetics.

All the more controversial, which serves their goal admirably, but it doesn't help in actually making it a better show.

Branduil

Nitpicking would be discussing the way a character's hair or shoes look. Faces aren't a minor part of animation. Again, I don't think deliberately going for a different look than normal anime gives you a pass for poor execution; badly animated is badly animated.

jbug617

Banned
Date A Live 2

That poor teacher.
They used her as target practice to test his skills on.
I sort of like they way making it a game however the spirit was very quick to change her mood. Anyway we know how this ends up
Spirit VS Student for the MC

Another visual for the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom