• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The English BD for IS does kind of sound like a good deal. I forget, did you buy Bakemonogatari? I was wondering if those audio commentaries are really worth it or if they just ultimately turned out to be not that much and one of those kind of things that was interesting to listen to but probably only once or twice.
I think they're fun, but that's because I have a thing for in-character commentary tracks. More so with -monogatari since 90% of the appeal of the show is the talking anyway.

Is it worth 150 bucks? For most people, probably not. As much as I want to get Nise, for example, the lack of commentaries on the set dramatically drops the value of it. I'll probably get it eventually, but I'm not in a rush to get it as I would have been if they had the commentaries on the set.

(Nisemonogatari has the Fire Sisters commentating on the infamous toothbrush episode, for example).

Syrinx

Blood-C 1

This show's kinda bloody.

So Saya is a shrine maiden who goes to a cafe in the morning and goes to school. She has a bit of an issue with her attention-span getting in the way of her getting to school on time. She's also very athletic and seemingly very popular, including with the boys.

She also has a duty to fight these gargoyles called Elder Heads or whatever. Gets kinda gory, with her cutting their limbs off and whatnot. I'm not quite sure how she was cutting off their limbs when it sounded like her sword was clanking against them like it was hitting a rock. but they have weak points I guess? Also it started spraying blood like a fire hose when she stabbed it through the neck. From both the back and the front. I guess gargoyles have jugulars too. Not sure it works quite like that, though. But hey, I'm not a doctor.

Not entirely sure what I'm in for other than some insane "experience", but as far as first episodes go, this wasn't all that bad.

Pooya

So for over at least nine months Saki and Mamoru were all like "Nope, couldn't find 'em. They dead" and everyone just sort of took their word for it? I suppose it's possible but like I said, they could've done a better job of getting the plot point across.

Also I chuckled when, after figuring out the truth about the queerat origins instead of considering bringing these revelations to light Saki and Mamoru just kinda went like "nah" and kept on keeping on.

Saki and Satoru both were selfish racists :p

I like how she burnt away the Psycho Buster just to save Satoru, basically making Inui die for nothing in the end, even more hilarious after they promised to each other so that his death won't be in vain, lolol.

Then Saki proceeds with this new plan and doesn't really care if this gets Kiroumaru killed, she was totally ok when he died and he did everything for them :\

I wonder if they revealed to public that, would it cause death feedback to those who ever killed even one rat, they suddenly realize they killed people even if it's done in the past, though it didn't happen to Saki and Satoru. Like Satoru said, they still didn't really consider them like humans even after everything that happened.

cajunator

Banned
Blood-C 1

This show's kinda bloody.

So Saya is a shrine maiden who goes to a cafe in the morning and goes to school. She has a bit of an issue with her attention-span getting in the way of her getting to school on time. She's also very athletic and seemingly very popular, including with the boys.

She also has a duty to fight these gargoyles called Elder Heads or whatever. Gets kinda gory, with her cutting their limbs off and whatnot. I'm not quite sure how she was cutting off their limbs when it sounded like her sword was clanking against them like it was hitting a rock. but they have weak points I guess? Also it started spraying blood like a fire hose when she stabbed it through the neck. From both the back and the front. I guess gargoyles have jugulars too. Not sure it works quite like that, though. But hey, I'm not a doctor.

Not entirely sure what I'm in for other than some insane "experience", but as far as first episodes go, this wasn't all that bad.

tee hee!

Syrinx

Are there giant beams of light appearing out of nowhere to cover the gory bits?

Ummm...no? At least I haven't noticed any.

There's those light things that Saya tries to grab in her visions, but that's story shit, so I'm assuming that's not what you're talking about.

The show is rated TV-MA, for what that's worth.

cajunator

Banned
I can't see that because I can't see youtube here but I'm gonna guess... Azumanga and umm... hmm... Lucky Star?

It still doesn't change the fact that K-On turned the whole thing into a meme and nothing has been particularly successful since.

The second one was Wideface.

zeroshiki

Not entirely sure how well these two's anime sales were, but I think zeroshiki meant how K-ON has a metric fuckton of merch that sells a lot more than any other SOL show merch along with the anime itself being successful.

I post this whenever the topic gets brought up:

463eda4d-s.jpg

28 billion yen in merch sales BEFORE the movie.

cajunator

Banned
Ummm...no? At least I haven't noticed any.

There's those light things that Saya tries to grab in her visions, but that's story shit, so I'm assuming that's not what you're talking about.

The show is rated TV-MA, for what that's worth.

Isn't her singing so moe? It totally is.

Eu is pretty awesome! <3
Except for the dumb story reasons for her actions in the latter part of season 1.

You're also right that it's the same seiyuu as Zecchan. Hisako Kanemoto is her name and she does the voice of some other well known characters like Yayoi/Cure Peace from Smile PreCure! and Katyusha from Girls und Panzer. I haven't seen the show yet but different ones here have mentioned she also does the voice of that squid girl in the show Squid Girl (or whatever it's actually called again).

I had problems with her reasons too.
I'll have to find time for Smile PreCure! later.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead - 09

I don't know why Japan get so serious about indirect kisses...
Nene reminds of that kunoichi girl from Kill me baby! what was her name?

Majestic Prince 2

all them P.L.O.T A.R.M.O.R. systems. Fun stuff... whatever happen to tiger & bunny?I really do love the way everything is overdesigned. Fun Fun Fun.

zeroshiki

I hope Tamako's relative failure doesn't throw KyoAni off creating new properties. They probably just need to go back to High School again >_>

Syrinx

Isn't her singing so moe? It totally is.

About that...this show seems to spend a lot of scenes where everything grinds to a halt, or starts moving at a snails' pace. Like when she was singing, she sang like, two whole verses. And then there was her long, loooooong walk home. And then before the fight, there was another standstill. I guess they're trying to create an atmosphere, but they aren't all that successful. The only one that really successful at all was the last one I mentioned building up tension.

cajunator

Banned
About that...this show seems to spend a lot of scenes where everything grinds to a halt, or starts moving at a snails' pace. Like when she was singing, she sang like, two whole verses. And then there was her long, loooooong walk home. And then before the fight, there was another standstill. I guess they're trying to create an atmosphere, but they aren't all that successful. The only one that really successful at all was the last one I mentioned building up tension.

I think this show will surprise the hell out of you

;)

wonzo

Banned
freeter satan 2

hatarakumaou2.jpg

red face is moe'er

The former hero's a pretty nice addition to the mix and I'm pretty interested in
just how Chiho's connected to all of this.
I might even check out the manga.

Syrinx

I think this show will surprise the hell out of you

;)

This isn't like Yami where it only took one episode to know what I was in for (i.e., a whole load of random nonsensical crap). Like, if I just watched this episode while it was airing, I'd be like "Hmmm...has issues. But it may have potential. We'll see."

Majestic Prince 2

Somehow the episode felt enjoyable mellow of sorts. Interview at the start was fun and what not especially the scrolling comments and just personality of the kids reponses. But then the action moment was nice to see. How different they are when under Juria System, I wonder if a plot point will be to actually get them to reach that level without its aid of sorts.
Walguru units were so epically fast but I wonder what their motives are, destroying those satellites seemed really minor

OP is perhaps one of the best songs of the season thus far...cant wait to watch Valvraves OP.

Naming the well endowed head mechanic woman Reika Saioniji....er Ginga e Kickoff?

Jarmel

Banned
Yo, halfway through Counterattack and this is the last work I see from Tomino. I can't stand any of the writing in his shows.

This shit is making me want to rip my fucking hair out.

zeroshiki

Yo, halfway through Counterattack and this is the last work I see from Tomino. I can't stand any of the writing in his shows.

Char's Counterattack is the best Gundam anything though. Except for that little prick whoever he is.

fertygo

Not gonna watch Turn A then?
Char's Counterattack is the best Gundam anything though. Except for that little prick whoever he is.

You can be my friend sir, defending this, Geass, and play SRW.
You're cool.

Btw about CCA. Despite feel like nonsense issue.

I wish more people make more these straight to the war movies, especially if you already have story before it, no padding bullshit that make shit feel like different film when shit actually goes down

Hollywood Blockbuster like TDKR and Transformers could benefit a lot from it.

Tomino have entertainer mind.

Jarmel

Banned
Ignore the minor stuff and think of this as a shortened version of LoGH with badass mechs.

I could if half the damn movie wasn't "The Quest for Quess". I fucking utterly despise kids/teenagers in Tomino shows. Oh god. If I could reach my hands into the screen...

Valvrave 1

I think I would have enjoyed this more if I hadn't seen it coming. I got bored as soon as the slow motion hit. I guess the next episode can't suffer from that problem though.

a8M9MDQ.jpg

How could you resist this? I also remember some mechs and fighting or something but they don't matter.

The only reason I resisted was the fear that money might be tight if I went for it. After payday, that fear will vanish. O_O

Also, the secretary's K-On mug is Mio, not Azusa.

zeroshiki

I could if half the damn movie wasn't "The Quest for Quess". I fucking utterly despise kids/teenagers in Tomino shows. Oh god. If I could reach my hands into the screen...

Yeah he is a little prick and I spent a good portion of the movie imagining the many ways he could die.

- crushed by a mobile suit
- beam sabered
- suffocating in space
- self destruction
- etc

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave 1

Very awesome voice cast. I love the character design. Music is... meh. The robot fighting was... meh. Typical first episode of a mecha. The ending was a bit of a shocker and so was one particular scene in liek the middle of the episode. Wasn't really expecting that to happen. LOL.

This is like a combination of Geass and Gundam Seed sort of except the protag isn't a Kira. LOL. I like it. I'll have to say that after watching all of the mechas I have to say the following.

Valvrave
Pros
- Cool character design
- Stellar voice cast
- Dat, OMFG factor

Gargantia
- Amazing visuals
- Great narrative thus far
- Great soundtrack

Majestic Prince
- Awesome mecha design
- Funny and quirky
- Awesome mecha fights.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 14

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Oh God, Nanami's sister was breaking my damn heart with her giving the carnation to the picture of her mother and then started crying daaaaammmmiiiitttttt. It just had to play the dead mother card, didn't it? And then there was that scene at the end where both of them were crying and then Nanami told her about what their mother told her when she was young and how they smiled together ooooohhhhhhh maaaaaaaaan.

I need a hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom