• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

K-On actually starts off kinda rough despite the super popularity. I was surprised when I rewatched it a year or so ago and the early episode still had a 4koma feel much like Lucky Star. It picks up really fast around the middle part all the way until season 2.

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation 02

8o9Sukx.jpg

Parts of the episode just had me thinking, I rather play the game.

I also guess we're not going to see any other demons in this show which lowers my enjoyment greatly.

zeroshiki

I always get a bit confused by the whole 'I'm not liking x so it should not exist' view rather than just not watching/playing/listening to it and letting people who do enjoy it continue to do so.

Because its a zero-sum game. It getting created prevents other things, that might be better, from existing.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead - 10 END

Now that I know the difference between fried eggs and slime, I'm gonna make some slime, hehe.
Like in JRPGs we need a end boss,
so Belphegor(Ayumu) get this role.
We get one more
Magiclad Eu this time against Belphegor(Ayumu), and lots of blood.
Some girl(rie kugimiya?) with some Kon rip-off appear at the end but probably we won't get to see her in action.
It was fun while it lasted, oh well, to the next series.

Jarmel

Banned
Valvrave 1-

Alright I didn't see that ending coming.

Yea this is Gundam mixed with Code Geass. I have a feeling the mecha parts are going to be the worst part of the show.

Dresden

valvrave - 01

That was entertaining. Hopefully it gets Super Entertaining. I was hoping that
his human body would be destroyed when he 'resigned' his humanity, and he'd become the robot, but I guess Sunrise needs to ship Genericman and Elfman.

mai waifu do not steal

duckroll

But is the protag going to summon anything other than Byakko?

I think there's a good chance he'll have more demons towards the end. Right now they're playing up the "he has the strongest demon right now" angle, and the other characters have their own demons to show their general level gap. Io has two demons already, so we know they can have more than one in the show too. I'll be really surprised if they're using the same demons in the final episode though!

Jarmel

Banned
VALVRAVE SPOILERS DON'T CLICK

Has there ever been any mecha shows with a zombie or vampire as a lead character? I'm trying to think of any mecha show that has supernatural creatures in them at all. This is a really interesting setup.

jgminto

Hataraku Maou-sama! or HMS! as I will now call it 2
I'm pegging this as my main contender for best spring anime. This show is consistently funny, looks good and has a great cast that work well together. There's a great dynamic between Sadao and the rest of the cast. Shirou is a hilarious interpretation of a demonic straight man. Emi is a fun addition to the show and the conflict between her and Sadao as they work everyday job is a lot of fun. Chiho is super dopey and super cute.

Excited to see where they'll go with this.

yami4ct

Anyone who wants in on their impressions being in the Valvrave |OT| I'm putting together tomorrow afternoon, please quote me at the top of your impression or link your impression and quote. Thanks a ton!

duckroll

Anyone who wants in on their impressions being in the Valvrave |OT| I'm putting together tomorrow afternoon, please quote me at the top of your impression or link your impression and quote. Thanks a ton!

Isn't that a bad idea? I would say most people should watch the first episode without any preconceptions or knowledge of what to expect. Loooool. :p

yami4ct

Isn't that a bad idea? I would say most people should watch the first episode without any preconceptions or knowledge of what to expect. Loooool. :p

is it? Have not seen it. After I watch tomorrow, will determine if I want to leave out the impressions part. Tentatively will leave out.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Because its a zero-sum game. It getting created prevents other things, that might be better, from existing.

Some people enjoy those things. Stop being entitled.

---

Hataraku Maou-Sama was alright this week, some funny bits here and there. Glad they introduced a new conflict because I was starting to wonder where things would go after Hero and Maou sorta agreed on a truce. Chioho is a pretty amusing character, next week's episode should be good.

Karneval 02

APPRIVOISE!

You know what. Just let the mysterious shota get captured and what not and have the rest of the show be the fabulous circus people doing fabulous stuff and I'll be completely content with it.

The mysterious shota is definitely the weakest link out of this whole show. Everyone else has charm and some fighting skill, even the robotic sheep. It's already episode 2 and I hate him already.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah, I just feel like she's Seyla if Seyla had no damn soul.

Hey the man's been trapped in a mansion. Of course he wants to screw the first good looking female he sees after he busts out. He probably would have gone after Char if a female wasn't there.

Dresden

I kinda wish the impressions spam would stop for new anime OTs, it just creates a big pile of words that no one reads through. Just write your thoughts about the show.

yami4ct

I kinda wish the impressions spam would stop for new anime OTs, it just creates a big pile of words that no one reads through. Just write your thoughts about the show.

Right now, it's just kind of the format. I do agree it's not always the best case. I think it works for some shows and others it doesn't. It could just be handled better as well. Instead of linking through a huge number, it could just be a few of the better ones.

Or we could just drop them and let the impressions come naturally through the OT itself. You know what? Probably not a bad plan.

JCG

Valvrave - 1

The underlying formula was rather traditional Gundam stuff with a high school setting in the middle, more or less exactly as expected, but the details eventually got pretty crazy and I can't say it didn't manage to entertain me.

In contrast to some of the previous comments, I actually enjoyed the parts with the main robot more than the other stuff in the show. Valvrave itself has the feel of a Super Robot and looks better in motion than in the majority of promotional footage or on paper. I honestly dug the music during its battle sequence too. I still don't like the current enemy grunt robots though and the level of CGI can't compete with Majestic Prince.

So far I might watch more of it than I did for Guilty Crown, which I fortunately dropped, but still think it's going to be worse than Code Geass in most areas. I suppose how much of it I'll keep up with depends on what else they decide to do after letting the figurative cat out of the bag. That especially goes for the main character considering his...unusual circumstances.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I like it actually, because I can read all the impressions instead of having to wade through them.

But that's not what an OP is for so I agree they're bad overall.

Soma

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 01

Hahaha.

For a second there I was all "oh so is this the huge surprise everyone keeps hyping? kinda shocking I gue- oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i see now."

Pretty good stuff. I like the character designs and the action was pretty decent. Good soundtrack too.

Looks like I'll have to keep watching for the time being. Man I wasn't expecting to actually enjoy all three mech anime from this season.

duckroll

I think he's a fine storyboarder but director is a bit more iffy now.

I think his direction is good as long as someone else is writing for him maybe. Or he might need to branch out and try stuff other than scifi, because he might just be running out of ideas there.

Translation: Kyoda should stop making more E7 stuff. Now.

zeroshiki

I think his direction is good as long as someone else is writing for him maybe. Or he might need to branch out and try stuff other than scifi, because he might just be running out of ideas there.

You'll be first in line when they announce Eureka 7 BO

Instro

Just spitballing here, but how about a present day work but with sci fi elements. Lets say for example, a group of people getting trapped somewhere. I dunno, lets say on an island. But the island is no normal island....

CorvoSol

Hey the man's been trapped in a mansion. Of course he wants to screw the first good looking female he sees after he busts out. He probably would have gone after Char if a female wasn't there.

I feel like Char is a better looking person than Beltachika even if you're not into men. I mean, he's Char. He probably wouldn't want to take off the shades during it, thought.

Amuro should'a just gone for Frau Bow. My mental fanfiction needs to be fulfilled.

Dresden

Just spitballing here, but how about a present day work but with sci fi elements. Lets say for example, a group of people getting trapped somewhere. I dunno, lets say on an island. But the island is no normal island....

aw yeah, BTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM II for kyoda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom