• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I was getting bored halfway through the show. I'm just tired of brainless, lecherous male leads that are bestowed with godlike power that makes them appealing to women far above their league. Replace him with a girl and it would easily be my AOTY. :p

Again, it isn't all that bad as I'll get more Akeno.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I was getting bored halfway through the show. I'm just tired of brainless, lecherous male leads that are bestowed with godlike power that makes them appealing to women far above their league. Replace him with a girl and it would easily be my AOTY. :p

Again, it isn't all that bad as I'll get more Akeno.

So you're tired of garbage, but want the same garbage? Get outta here!

Pooya

From the New World 14-25

So, yeah, this was a ride. Despite feeling like the show fumbled the endgame a bit and the whole
Queerats are actually humans! reveal felt completely flat because they had pretty much made it completely obvious ever since they first encountered the fake Minoshiro as children
I still walk away satisfied with it overall and it definitely has one of the more brilliantly conceived and executed villains I have seen in quite some time.

I do still have some lingering questions regarding some timeframes.

So, the way I understood it,
Saki and Satoru had three days to find Maria and Mamoru and bring them back to the village. They returned home empty handed after their deadline was up and shortly afterwards Squealer surrendered what were supposed to be chiseled down queerat bones to pass them off as Maria's and Mamoru's but were actually their real bones all along. There must be something I overlooked here because I don't understand how Squealer could have gotten Mamoru to impregnate Maria and then appropriate the resulting child after she had delivered it if the time frame between them going missing and the subsequent delivery of the bones took place in such a short span of time
. It was a pretty shocking reveal but the way the glossed over it didn't really help. Also,
they never really expounded on what happened to all the infants the queerats took when the rebellion started. I assume the humans retrieved them when they were eradicating the rest of the colonies but there's really nothing preventing someone else taking up Squealer's mantle and giving it another shot eventually if they somehow managed to keep even one of the children in their posession

In any case, it is a real shame this project turned out to be such a bomb because I genuinely felt engrossed by its story and themes and it has definitely earned a position in my list for this year's AOTY vote. Provided I still remember it by then, that is.

IIRC, Squealor told Saki that preparing the bones will take some time or something like that, he didn't necessarily bring the bones right away after those 3 days, there was a time gap.

they eradicated all the rats except very few, so you can assume what happened and infants retrieved, not everything needs to be directly said.

right. that can happen in future again, that's what the last episode was about with Squealor's speech and Saki leaving the recorded events for the future. but it's not really relevant to this story.

Hataraku Maou-sama! - 02

I really liked the addition of the hero to the cast.
Sadao is such a loveable fella,
understanding how hard it must be for Emilia to be alone.
I can already
see the love triangle.

Personally I think Neregate is jumping the gun a bit with this, but hey, if you want to start planning ahead already, they've got their first Summer season chart up.

I thought these charts always come in the second or third week of the new season.

Most hyped
Kingdom 2
Hakkenden 2

Will Watch
Blood Lad
Senhime Zesshou Symphogear G
Senyuu 2
Uchouten Kazoku
Brothers Conflict
Danganronpa

Probably will try that Sailor Moon anime, maybe it makes considerable improvements upon the original anime. Kamisama will also be attempted to I guess.

zeroshiki

Rozen Maiden is some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen. Doesn't help that the one doll was tsundere for the dude which kinda sorta implied the possibility of a relationship -_-

And oh yeah, Ali Project.

7Th

This is a really disgusting ideology.

I'm half-joking; somewhat fun of this old Miyazaki quote:

Miyazaki said:
When we compare a man in action and a girl in action, I feel girls are more gallant. If a boy is walking with a long stride, I don't think anything particular, but if a girl is walking gallantly, I feel "that's cool." Maybe that's because I'm a man, and women may think it's cool when they see a young man striding. At first, I thought "this is no longer the era of men." But after ten years, I grew tired of saying that. I just say "cause I like women." That has more reality.

I'm only HALF-joking, tho.

That's sexist.

In a perfect world, there would be no males. Sorry, but it's true.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rozen Maiden is some of the creepiest shit I've ever seen. Doesn't help that the one doll was tsundere for the dude which kinda sorta implied the possibility of a relationship -_-

And oh yeah, Ali Project.

Yeah but Suigintou brought a whole new meaning to the phrase "junk in the trunk".

Nafe

Eu is so goddamn cute. <3
Oh, I like Sera but I didn't notice she was voiced by Yoko Hikasa, I'm not very good at it, Mael's voice I'm sure I know it from somewhere but I can't remember, maybe Zecchan from Fate/Zero.

Eu is pretty awesome! <3
Except for the dumb story reasons for her actions in the latter part of season 1.

You're also right that it's the same seiyuu as Zecchan. Hisako Kanemoto is her name and she does the voice of some other well known characters like Yayoi/Cure Peace from Smile PreCure! and Katyusha from Girls und Panzer. I haven't seen the show yet but different ones here have mentioned she also does the voice of that squid girl in the show Squid Girl (or whatever it's actually called again).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maoudonalds 2
yo3p8oxl.jpg

His foot clipped through the stairs. Whoops.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Call me when cute girls doing whatever stops selling
Just because things like that sell doesn't mean the absence of male characters pushes things to sell. Highschool DxD wouldn't even be the same show with an all female cast. Honestly this is so stupid it's not even worth arguing about though. Can I just say Sword Art Online? Can dtl just save me and post a list about the merits of boys?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I approve of SDBurton's new avatar.

Thanks!

It's been weirding me out because Yui's hair looks green in it. Maybe I'm going blind from watching two not-so-great shows at once.

Yeah I don't know why the artist colored it green, I may look for a replacement now that you mention it.

Can dtl just save me and post a list about the merits of boys?

Oh, so you're on his side. *plays dramatic music*

Red Data girl 2

Hum i need more explanations than that .

Also it's obvious the guy is a god tier manipulator ..Intresting i might want more.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Monogatari series would be better if Ararararararagi was a girl.

And boy harem instead of girl harem.

And Senjougahara is a male rapist.

(Omg yes please)

cajunator

Banned
I'm half-joking; somewhat fun of this old Miyazaki quote:

I'm only HALF-joking, tho.

In a perfect world, there would be no males. Sorry, but it's true.

In a perfect world everyone is born female. then once they turn 16-17, they can make the choice to remain in the garden or join the dark side. They will also pilot poorly CG'ed alien technology.

trejo

IIRC, Squealor told Saki that preparing the bones will take some time or something like that, he didn't necessarily bring the bones right away after those 3 days, there was a time gap.

they eradicated all the rats except very few, so you can assume what happened and infants retrieved, not everything needs to be directly said.

right. that can happen in future again, that's what the last episode was about with Squealor's speech and Saki leaving the recorded events for the future. but it's not really relevant to this story.

So for over at least nine months Saki and Mamoru were all like "Nope, couldn't find 'em. They dead" and everyone just sort of took their word for it? I suppose it's possible but like I said, they could've done a better job of getting the plot point across.

Also I chuckled when, after figuring out the truth about the queerat origins instead of considering bringing these revelations to light Saki and Mamoru just kinda went like "nah" and kept on keeping on.

Jintor

Just because things like that sell doesn't mean the absence of male characters pushes things to sell. Highschool DxD wouldn't even be the same show with an all female cast. Honestly this is so stupid it's not even worth arguing about though. Can I just say Sword Art Online? Can dtl just save me and post a list about the merits of boys?

It's a positive argument, not a negative one. I'm not saying males are a problem, just that cute girls boost tolerance/selling power.

Tamako argument is compelling though. On to the next guaranteed moneymaker, at least until it fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom