• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Honest question: Is there anything that sets Emilia and Fauxpoplar apart from characters we have seen already? Maybe that's asking for too much, but even though I think they're amusing characters, we've already seen these characters before in other shows (so far, it seems. They may change later on).

Dresden

Shut yo face!

It's the truth, man.

Honest question: Is there anything that sets Emilia and Fauxpoplar apart from characters we have seen already? Maybe that's asking for too much, but even though I think they're amusing characters, we've already seen these characters before in other shows (so far, it seems. They may change later on).

I think Emilia is better than most other characters of her ilk (that is, tsundere; she even has an in-universe reason to be so tsun), but no, the show as a whole doesn't set itself apart. I think that's fine, so long as it's entertaining.

goddamn right

mahkama

She really should get that outgrowth on her checked out before it turns into a tumor.

p8mEawLl.jpg

Tomat

I think Emilia is better than most other characters of her ilk (that is, tsundere; she even has an in-universe reason to be so tsun), but no, the show as a whole doesn't set itself apart. I think that's fine, so long as it's entertaining.
Agreed. Just a thought I guess, I'm sure it's been addressed to death in previous OTs.

Jintor

Doesn't really need to be - I think the setting and character mix is new enough to me. Also, the hero (well, Dark Lord) is a really entertaining character

Man, Azuma wasn't kidding when he said we're all just Database animals.

I bet the earthquakes signal people moving through the gate!

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 8

OMG SAKAKI'S DREAM. How do you out Osaka Osaka, Sakaki? OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN. The PTSD Penguin. Raging Chiyo's dad. The flying. The random flowers. The crazy-ass Sakaki x Chiyo's Dad shipping!

SO GOOD.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 8

OMG SAKAKI'S DREAM. How do you out Osaka Osaka, Sakaki? OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN. The PTSD Penguin. Raging Chiyo's dad. The flying. The random flowers. The crazy-ass Sakaki x Chiyo's Dad shipping!

SO GOOD.

Oh man, I love this episode so much. And not just because Chiyo's Dad is Norio Wakamoto.

CorvoSol

Oh man, I love this episode so much. And not just because Chiyo's Dad is Norio Wakamoto.

Literally could not stop laughing during Sakaki's dream. PTSD Penguin is my new favorite thing. The camera just zooms in on it and a hellish roar is heard in some foggy, distant battlefield of bygone days.

That Penguin maid has seen some things man.

fertygo

Gao Gai Gar Final Final

I . . . I . . . WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I CAN'T HATE IT THOUGH BECAUSE IT WAS THE AMAZING FINALE TO AN AMAZING SHOW.
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

The ending was truly amazing, plus that ending song.. my heart.

Its a great feeling when you can support the cast till the very end

MarkusRJR

I'm looking to replace my shounen anime fix with something. I used to watch Bleach, then moved onto Reborn, and now nothing. I have too much spare time now... :(

How are Naruto and Fairy Tale? Or is there a better one out there?

Theonik

I'm looking to replace my shounen anime fix with something. I used to watch Bleach, then moved onto Reborn, and now nothing. I have too much spare time now... :(

Have you heard the good word of Gintama this fine evening?

fertygo

You should check Hunter x Hunter remake.

Kurita

Watch Hunter x Hunter, it's 1000 times better than the ones you mentioned.
And Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

NeonZ

I must know. I MUST know.
Do the GGG members ever come back?
I don't expect Betterman to answer this question, so I just need somebody to tell me. Because that ending was just NOT FAIR.

There was something called GaoGaiGar Project Z, which seemed like a project for a GaoGaiGar sequel, but turned out to be just marketing for a new toy (GaoGaiGo, a man made GaoGaiGar piloted by Mamoru and Kaidou). Anyway, according to the material associated with it, the GaoGaiGar eventually returns as some kind of fire monster, although I don't think it's explained how things go from there.

CorvoSol

There was something called GaoGaiGar Project Z, which seemed like a project for a GaoGaiGar sequel, but turned out to be just marketing for a new toy (GaoGaiGo, a man made GaoGaiGar piloted by Mamoru and Kaidou). Anyway, according to the material associated with it, the GaoGaiGar eventually returns as some kind of fire monster, although I don't think it's explained how things go from there.

In my head they travel the cosmos saving infinite worlds, then.

wonzo

Banned
Photo Kano 2

photokano2.jpg

Once the novelty of the rather fascinatingly creepy photography wears off, all that's left is a poorly directed & dull piece of shit harem series with a slightly less blander than usual male self-insert protagonist. Dropped.

Most of what happens in Season 2 happens in the manga, it's just they alter the order a bit and pad it out to fill the 27 episodes. Though they take more liberties in Season 2 than they did in the first season.
Sounds like they did a pretty good job with it then.

I haven't either! You could tell with the earlier episodes that they had gag setups though. (The car counting thing and the cloud thing, it felt like something out of Lucky Star). KyoAni abandoned that style pretty early but the first episodes had it!
Hmm, I don't really remember that stuff but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it on a re-watch.

Gintama
Hunter x Hunter 1999 + The first OVA
Hunter x Hunter 2011

Tomat

Some more coherent thoughts on Valvrave The Liberator:

I don't know what the fuck this show is going for. Started off as a decent Gundam style show. You know shit it going to go wrong right away, so you figure you're going to see how war effects innocent people. The battle breaks out and then this show ramps the cliche and stupid up off the charts at light speed.
This guys gets shot at by a giant fucking laser and his girlfriend gets killed. Doesn't seem to phase him too much because he's hopping in a giant robot he has no fucking clue how to pilot literally seconds later. Hell, his friends aren't even shocked that the girl just died.

You think the public would be horrified by what happened, by instead they're all going crazy sending this guy friend requests on SpaceBook.

Then Haruto
gets stabbed and shot to death. But hey whatever, he comes back as a vampire.

What the fuck

Fuck this show. I'm going to watch it, but this episode still pissed me off. I don't even know I'm mad. On one hand the first half of the show feels like wasted potential, and on the other, we have something incredibly stupid that could be very entertaining as a result.

CorvoSol

The ending was truly amazing, plus that ending song.. my heart.

Its a great feeling when you can support the cast till the very end

The fact that I was rooting for robots I had initially deemed as "generic" for more than 40 episodes says a lot about how endearing the cast was. Which makes that ridiculous final minute of the show that much harder to swallow.

Jintor

Seitokai Yakuindomo 10

The absolute best running joke is Suzu being out of frame for almost every group shot with a little caption above where her head should be.

cajunator

Banned
what I ment was that every Zelda game have been prequels to the last NES Zelda.

Uhhh. No. Wind Waker was one of the last in the itmeline, for example.

Heartcatch Precure 14

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Oh God, Nanami's sister was breaking my damn heart with her giving the carnation to the picture of her mother and then started crying daaaaammmmiiiitttttt. It just had to play the dead mother card, didn't it? And then there was that scene at the end where both of them were crying and then Nanami told her about what their mother told her when she was young and how they smiled together ooooohhhhhhh maaaaaaaaan.

I need a hug.

*hugs Syrinx

K-On! 1

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooo~! This is going to be amazing, I can tell.

ED is already god-tier, holy shit.

Season 1 will go by in a blur. S2 might be a bit slower.

The E7AO part. Why bring up that atrocity.

Because Elena Peoples exists. She was worth watching it for (for some of us)

Only if you're willing to learn from the mountain.

I am! Teach meeeeee

Azumanga Daioh 8

SO GOOD.

This show gets really trippy at times.

The 90s really were terrible, huh?

No, they certainly were not. 90s were the best times for anime. Early to mid 90s in particular.

Oh I'll just watch a couple episodes of K-On...

*hours later*

Heehee! You cant fight it!

I'm going to buy the BD set, and I'm going to hate myself, and then I'm going to love myself forever.

Isnt it like 500 bucks?
Im not so sure Gurren Lagann is worth that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom