• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

I'm looking to replace my shounen anime fix with something. I used to watch Bleach, then moved onto Reborn, and now nothing. I have too much spare time now... :(

How are Naruto and Fairy Tale? Or is there a better one out there?

I'm not sure what your tolerance level of shounen, but I will attempt to help:

I enjoy Naruto. I liked the beginning arcs, and I am liking Shippuden. There has only been one main story arc that I have hated, which is the start of Shippuden. I am on episode 135, and I am really liking it.

Fairy Tail is garbage. I loved Mashima's previous work, Rave Master. I watched the first twenty episodes of Fairy Tail, which involved (minor story spoilers)
a ice monster.
The protagonist is shit. At least in the beginning, the show reuses so much of the same humor. I cannot tell you if the show gets better, but at least the beginning arcs are really bad.

I would suggest One Piece. The beginning is rough, but when you hit the Sanji arc, the show shows it potential, and you see the greatness of One Piece during the Arlong arc. Luffy is awful to deal with at the beginning, but he grows on you. A fair warning, I believe the anime is around 500 episodes, and last year, Oda declared the story was only half-way through. But One Piece enters some epic level of shit, and it reference stuff that happens throughout the story. I only have one major issue with this show, again this might be seen as a spoiler by some:
no one dies when they should die.

Edit: I really need to continue with Gintama and start on Hunter X Hunter.

Defuser

Valvrave 1
The
love interest's death was really obvious, but everyone's reaction to it was just odd and unconvincing.

Sunrise mecha death rule : If you don't see a body or white light engulfing a character in a upclose shot, he/she is probably still alive.

Why anime?

pan2jij00047914nluxt.jpg

189863eeusv.jpg

fat13657721491977uuqh.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-San 01

Not bad. Really reminds me of something like Slayers visually, its got that gritty/ugly feel to it thats actually quite charming, like a flashback to the hideous monstrosities of the 1990s but without being repulsive as an actual 90s show.

First episode was pretty enjoyable, nothing great but worth my time. The best part about this show is that it churns through gags fairly quickly so if something doesn't work (and theres a lot of that in this episode) its onto the next bit. The fact that each episode is only half as long as a regular episode really helps keep it from going too stale as well.

And I hope he fertilizes those eggs.

valvrave - 01

I don't know what to think.
Indeed that spoiler above was too much .
But well what's done is done.

About the episode ...

I like the character design of the characters but i dislike most of their attitudes. ( this include bad guys and good guys )

I like the design of the mecha but seriously i'd take the opening sequence of garguantia over this
over use of pink

I don't like the hero ,
i understand his circustances BUT still when i boot my computer and i have a starting question i don't spend 2 minutes lamenting. He didn't even pay attention to the question that was asked.
The question is simple : do you want power ? Shirou didn't spend 5 minutes starring at saber for god sake !
And the bad guys ... how freaking incompetent can you be ?
That has to be the worst inflitration ever.

And don't get me started on the rest of the characters and the clichés..

---------------
Now that i have seen all three .

Gargantia > majestic > valvrave

Gargantia has a much more intresting setting.
Majestic has a much more intresting dynamic between characters

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Have only watched 5 shows so far this season:

11/10 shows
Gargantia
Aku no Hana

Will keep watching cause I got nothing better to do
Muromi-san

Will most likely drop in a week or two
Devil Survivor 2
Arata Kangatari

So what other shows from this season should I be checking out?

11/10 shows
Gargantia
Aku no Hana

Muromi-san

Devil Survivor 2
Arata Kangatari

Hataraku Maou-sama's first two episodes have been fun.

Joe Molotov

11/10 shows
Gargantia
Aku no Hana

Muromi-san

Devil Survivor 2
Arata Kangatari

Attack on Titan
Yuyushiki

fertygo

Majestic Prince 02

This also good although the 2nd half kinda boring.

I'm surprised between this and Valvrave the CGI don't distracting me at all, I love how the mech look. Despite I waste my time on SRW and old mech anime lately. Only Gargantia that I don't like with CGI usage.

Back to MJP, I like how they factoring mass media to the story. Better than what in Valvrave lol.

Nico Nico > Twitter.

And now that i have seen them all

Ixion%20Saga%20DT%20-%2013.jpg

I believe in the following list :

Awesome can't wait tier
-Gargantia
-Nyarlko W
-haratake Maou - sama
-Majestic prince
-Attack of titans
-Leviatian
-my teen ...... SNAFU
-railgun S
-hayate no gotoku cuties

Good will watch when it's done tier
-karneval
-red data girl
-muromi-san

Need more info before i decide tier
-Devil survivor 2
-Photo kano ( close to drop )
-Valvrave ( close to drop )
-Crime edge
-Sain seya omega ( close to drop )
-yuyushiki ( close to drop )
-Oreimo 2
-Date a live
-Arata kangatari

Droped tier
-aku no hana
-uta no prince sama
-hyakka hyouran bride something

Reknoc

11/10 shows
Gargantia
Aku no Hana

Muromi-san

Devil Survivor 2
Arata Kangatari

This is pretty much my list as well only without Arata Kagatari and with Harataku Maou-Sama in the top tier and Majestic Prince in the second tier

Reknoc

Actually I couldn't be bothered to finish Devil Survivor 2 - 2 so uh, dropped I guess or whatever. I'll just look forward to the 3DS port in 2020 that'll blow up.

Oh I also watched Yuyushiki, it was alright.

Youve come 52 episodes and you'll drop it?!

There is somethings i just can't accept if they plan to focus the next 25 episode on useless steel guy , i sure aren't going to stay there to watch it.

Now if
-They manage to give the guy some usefullness and attacks , then why not ...

OR

-They make him disappear on some fetch quest then why not ...

There was like no need for a rival , eden was doing that role perfectly

Designs for new Gainax show:

kMrV8wG.jpg

http://moca-news.net/article/20130412/201304120449a/01/

They're actually not that bad... but it's not like NeoGainax will make them look good (or move) for most of the show.

Upote 2.0 ?

Actually I couldn't be bothered to finish Devil Survivor 2 - 2 so uh, dropped I guess or whatever. I'll just look forward to the 3DS port in 2020 that'll blow up.

Oh I also watched Yuyushiki, it was alright.

The anime keeps making me want to pla the 3DS make of DeSu2...as well as get me in the mood to play DeSu: Overclocked (worth playing?)

duckroll

Majestic Prince 02

This also good although the 2nd half kinda boring.

I'm surprised between this and Valvrave the CGI don't distracting me at all, I love how the mech look. Despite I waste my time on SRW and old mech anime lately. Only Gargantia that I don't like with CGI usage.

Back to MJP, I like how they factoring mass media to the story. Better than what in Valvrave lol.

Nico Nico > Twitter.

Our CG mecha future has arrived. As for Gargantia, I'm sure they've just saving their actual animation effort for the 2D stuff, since it's a show which is much more about the characters than the mech. Does look dodgy though. The beam spam ability is really boring.

fertygo

Only one mech show this season that have [REDACTED] Mech guys, its obvious which one that the best.

Man.. that shit wake me up, I forget all the bad thing on it the second its happen.. Based Sunrise, thank you very much. That kind of stuff only happen on SRW and G Gundam, Awesome.

Appearance in Z3 plz...

Jarmel

Banned
On a more serious note, we really need to be more considerate about spoilers. Please. Can everyone be more considerate? Please?

But then we won't see people banned.

It'll probably be me.

Our CG mecha future has arrived. As for Gargantia, I'm sure they've just saving their actual animation effort for the 2D stuff, since it's a show which is much more about the characters than the mech. Does look dodgy though. The beam spam ability is really boring.

Gargantia really doesn't feel like an actual mecha show. Even the design of the mechas seem oriented around a humanoid shape in order to give the AI a more personal character. If the AI talking came out of a mech like Valvrave's, it would feel off compared to the human shape currently in the show. So far it really feels like a time travel show and they needed some sort of hook in to grab sales and so decided on mechs.

7Th

The new Gainax anime, C3-bu, is just about an all-girl soft-gun club. They're normal girls going to a normal school; it's not like Upotte beyond the "cute girls with weapons" angle.

fertygo

What your take on Valvrave CG?

I think its look much better than in trailer or still shot.. And I just love dem stupid and busy design <3

stryke

I just ordered my first import Blu-Ray. I worry I've started down a terrible path.

Shhhh, don't fight it. Embrace it. Just let it happen...

Valvrave

Wow, got major Gundam vibes from this. Textbook classic Gundam first episode. Got weird in the end though.

The new Gainax anime, C3-bu, is just about an all-girl soft-gun club. They're normal girls going to a normal school; it's not like Upotte beyond the "cute girls with weapons" angle.

Always forget its perfectly fine to have airsoft guns in japan painted with real gun colors. And you can bring them back to the states back in teh day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom