• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Hmm. If Touma is in it more, I might give it another look.

You're in luck! This new season of Railgun S will focus on the Sister Arc of the Index season 1 which means Touma and.......

HT75eRw.jpg

Sket Dance OVA
tumblr_ml5fehvf7X1rxaca7o1_500.gif

I miss Sket Dance anime so much, if only they could adapt more. Though arent they kind of low on JUMP adaptations this year (just Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Toriko, and Kuruoko's Basketball season 2) on the horizon :/ Maybe they can do more Sket Dance.

Fun OVA for Michiru and lots of funny moments for Agata, enjoyable.

Articalys

Oregairu 2

I was mildly entertained, in no small degree thanks to Hiyama's performance. Enough to keep watching, at least.
Also, I like that they're starting to lay some groundwork down for Hachiman's backstory.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You're in luck! This new season of Railgun S will focus on the Sister Arc of the Index season 1 which means Touma and.......

HT75eRw.jpg

What? Why? So... we're going to see the sister arc animated twice? Didn't they cover this like... 4 years ago? Explains the stupid old Accelerator look.

Articalys

What? Why? So... we're going to see the sister arc animated twice? Didn't they cover this like... 4 years ago? Explains the stupid old Accelerator look.
Yeah, but in Index it was all from the magic side (i.e. Touma's) point of view. This time around it's from the science (Mikoto's) side, and there's a decent amount of stuff (from the Railgun manga) going on that we haven't seen animated before.

DATE A LIVE 2

This is IT !

This is the kind of dumb stupidity i can get behind...
The long line of experts was the icing on the cake .

Excellent !

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aku no Hana 2

Good god this show is so fucking amazing.

The only gripe I have is this show implements the previews of the episode... before the episode starts. Why would I want to be spoiled (albeit pretty lightly) on whats going to happen in the next 20 minutes if I'm already watching episode anyway. Seems like a silly thing to do.

Other than that this show is a masterpiece on every level.

I literally cannot comprehend how people are not enjoying this show. Just don't get it.

Defuser

You only seen Touma's POV on the Sister's Arc in Index 1. This season will focus on how Misaka found out about the sisters and how she try to stop the experient which will take place before she met Touma at the vending machine. A prequel.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea the rotoscoping in Aku no Hana is really really badly done. Well I've been missing a good hatewatch, this should be fun.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
[Fresh Precure!] 11

This is Toei's idea of what an idol looks like. Well, I guess it's still less ridiculous than any Lady Gaga outfit...

How inconspicuous. Love's plans have to be commended for their originality.

Is it a bad thing that the first thing that crossed my mind was how hot things would have got afterwards? Repping SetsunaXLove.

Hell yeah! While Fresh isn't the best Precure out there, they honestly have one of the strongest OTPs from the series overall.

ZetaEpyon

Aku no Hana 1
Finally got around to this.
Wow, this is seriously one of the most impressive first eps that I have seen in a long time. Took me a bit to adjust to the rotoscoping, mostly because of the low anime framerate I think, but beyond that, really damn good stuff.

Felt more like they decided to make a 6-hour movie and split it into 13 parts than make a TV series...

Edit: Also, holy crap, Army of Darkness is called Captain Supermarket in Japan? That is awesome.

trejo

Aku no Hana 2

Good god this show is so fucking amazing.

The only gripe I have is this show implements the previews of the episode... before the episode starts. Why would I want to be spoiled (albeit pretty lightly) on whats going to happen in the next 20 minutes if I'm already watching episode anyway. Seems like a silly thing to do.

Other than that this show is a masterpiece on every level.

I literally cannot comprehend how people are not enjoying this show. Just don't get it.

I guess some of us simply don't have taste buds refined enough to properly savour the richness of flavour of all that shit.

But have fun wolfing it down!

jgminto

I think I'll give Aku no Hana another shot eventually. I shouldn't drop a show just for trying something different, even if it wasn't totally successful. I'd rather more people try something unique and not continue to regurgitate the same crap.

7Th

I'll keep watching Aku no Hana because I like listening to Mariya Ise trash-talk. Is that good enough for you, shiteaters?

Kagami

Sparrow's Hotel 1

The jokes were mildly amusing, but not enough to make up for the visuals.

Aiura 1

Can't deal with the voice acting.
Though I guess if you're going to cast newbie VAs as main characters, it's just as well it be in these short shows no one cares about.

Narag

Valvrave 1

Man, I think I like the CG in this. Valvrave has this weight to it that’s so awesome.
Fuckin’ lol @
post-credits. Thought the girl getting offed was the big twist.
NOPE.

Majestic Prince 2

Kinda like the humor in this, also glad the tone of the mecha shows this season are so different at any rate. Ensemble cast approach is nice too even if I can’t tell them apart.

Gargantia 1

This is going to be one of those mecha shows where the mecha stuff is the worst part. That first half was terrible. Second half? Pure awesome.
Depending on how crazy Valvrave gets, this might be the winner of the three.

trejo

You only seen Touma's POV on the Sister's Arc in Index 1. This season will focus on how Misaka found out about the sisters and how she try to stop the experient which will take place before she met Touma at the vending machine. A prequel.

Really?

Taking into account that I watched all of season 1 of Index (for some godforsaken reason), dropped the first season of Railgun a few episodes in and avoided Index season 2 like the plague, would you consider this season a good point to jump back in?

Quasar

That is pretty much my first reaction. I'd much rather them jump ahead to the end of Index S2 and tell Misakas story from that point. Or at least from the last time we see Misaka in Index.

kpjolee

That is pretty much my first reaction. I'd much rather them jump ahead to the end of Index S2 and tell Misakas story from that point. Or at least from the last time we see Misaka in Index.

Well, Railgun is based on comics so not really surprised they are doing sisters arc.

I recognize that Chihayafuru is a good, well put together show with enjoyable characters and I want to like it, I really do. It's just that for the life of me I simply cannot stand karuta and the mere prospect of having to sit through endless matches and tournaments and training and characters talking about other character's karuta power levels over and over again just absolutely saps any will I may have to keep watching.

It's a darn shame and it makes me sad but what can ya do.

But the Karuta parts are the best part of the show!

Though maybe I'm crazy. I got so hooked on the game that I'm learning it in real life.

Defuser

Really?

Taking into account that I watched all of season 1 of Index (for some godforsaken reason), dropped the first season of Railgun a few episodes in and avoided Index season 2 like the plague, would you consider this season a good point to jump back in?

Since this is related to the sisters which means it would be dark like Index and not light hearted one. And a healthy dose of action action and action.

Jarmel

Banned
Char's Counterattack-
I'm rather mixed on this. The animation is truly phenomenal throughout. Like the battles are amazing due to the camerawork and there is a real fluidity to large segments of the film. That said, I hate Quess and everything she brought to the movie. Quess this, Quess that, Quess every fucking where. Tomino cannot write teenagers well and so much of this movie focuses on her bullshit crush and childish perspective. If it was just Char vs Amuro, I would have been more than down despite the shitty motivations on the part of Char. Char's regression makes it seem like Zeta never took place and that this is an immediate sequel to the original MSG. Hell the last speech between Amuro and Char has Quess in it despite her not meaning a damn to either of them. Oh and there is the whole swan shit with Lalah. Nothing like a love rectangle with a dead swan being involved. The Earth Federation also decided to act like they're mentally handicapped and falling for a completely obvious move.

That said, I still cannot emphasize how gorgeous the animation is in the film. So much mechanical sakuga.

Soma

Aku no Hana Episode 02

Direction: Still great.
Backgrounds: Still gorgeous
Character animation: Still distracting... kind of.

Either this is some Stockholm Syndrome shit or something but I didn't find them nearly as distracting as I did in the first episode. For the most part anyways. I'm even starting to prefer these character designs to their manga counterparts. When they're not looking so detail-less and awkward when juxtaposed against the detailed backgrounds, the character designs work really well. For example this was undoubtedly the most unsettling moment in the entire episode for me. The image by itself might not look like that much but within the context of the scene and with the subtle music complimenting it... it gave me chills! Good stuff.

Also, potentially controversial opinion time:

Aku no Hana credits lead-in > JoJo credits lead-in

SkEYH8X.jpg

Valrave

WAT THE WAT. I went in looking for the cray and thought the twist was something else. I was like "well damn that takes balls" but then that shit happens.

like wat is even.

Chihayafuru S2 - 14

P
IZUSAWA WINS!! Way to go (M)Oe-chan, Tsukue-kun and Taichi. Nice fighto!!
ERFECT!!

Railgun S2 - 01

Nice to see everyone back, and to see new faces
like the Queen of Tokiwadai. Who was the girl they went to visit? I can't remember her
...not that she's important.

Dennou Coil - 06

Hang in there Haraken!
The most boring research ever, because Satchii are a boring bunch.
The true form
of Celty is show and she's just
Haraken
aunt, so this is why he has connections to the administrators
of Satchii
(His aunt and Yasako dad too?) and his motive for
investigating viruses and illegals.

Dresden

There are three great evils Japan has inflicted on the modern world. One was war, the last has yet to come, and in between is Hatsune Miku.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 17

Today we learn the wonders of not giving a fuck about what the people we look up to think of the work we do. Tsubomi and Erika struggle to be recognized as Precure by Moonlight, while some tea shop owner struggles to be recognized by his grandpa and dad for the desserts he makes. But then he learns that their recognition is not what he should be striving for; it should just be to make yummy sweets that the customers love. And Tsubomi and Erika learn that they shouldn't be seeking Moonlight's approval. They should just be fighting the Desert Messengers and protecting people's heart flowers. At least I think that was the lesson here.

I love the dynamic Tsubomi's grandma adds to this show. Seems like it really builds off the dynamic of Honoka's grandmother in Futari wa but is way more integral to the story than that one was. If only there was an awesome dog like Chutaro. Or hell, an awesome cat. Not enough awesome cats in these shows. Maybe it's cause they'll all be compared to Artemis and they'll all fail. But c'mon, more awesome cats plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom