• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I don't get the massive obsession of yuri or lesbian relationships yall have. Maybe it's just me. What do you guys find about it that's so interesting?

Asking this question is never going to get anyone anywhere. Those of us who don't understand it can never hope to get it.

I guess it's just different people being into different things.

jgminto

I don't get the massive obsession of yuri or lesbian relationships yall have. Maybe it's just me. What do you guys find about it that's so interesting?

Chicks are hot. So the amount of chicks involved is directly proportional to the level of hotness. That's the theory anyway.

Nafe

I'm late but Happy Birthday to Mature!

---

Fun fact: did you know three Idolmaster seiyuu provided some of the character noises for Twilight Princess? Hiromi Hirata (Makoto), Juri Takita (Kotori), and Naomi Wakabayashi (Ritsuko) are all in the credits. Similarly, Asami Imai (Chihaya) and Chiaki Takahashi (Azusa) contributed to The Wind Waker.

That's pretty neat. I wonder who does what.

Same seiyuu.

Didn't know this either. I see she apparently also does the voice for Laharl in Disgaea too.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead - 10 END

Now that I know the difference between fried eggs and slime, I'm gonna make some slime, hehe.
Like in JRPGs we need a end boss,
so Belphegor(Ayumu) get this role.
We get one more
Magiclad Eu this time against Belphegor(Ayumu), and lots of blood.
Some girl(rie kugimiya?) with some Kon rip-off appear at the end but probably we won't get to see her in action.
It was fun while it lasted, oh well, to the next series.

There's actually some side OVA episodes if you want to watch them as well. They're just more silly and fan service type stuff but there's about three or four extra OVA episodes.

Good avatar, Nafe.

Thanks. :)
I like it too! Haha.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For some people like SDBurton this "purity" is out of a knowingly self-destructive ideal of romance without men getting in the way. For others this amounts to romance while still leaving space for the viewer. For others it's just another iteration of love like any other.

Dennou Coil - 03

So Yuko(
Gentle
) and Yuko(
Courage
).
Megabaa made a huge mistake,
Kyoko going out shooting beams and the help file for the megabeam were funny.
Two Satchii this time. Ugh. They particularly don't look pleasant.
What's the secret
behind the illegals? The person talking to Yuko C didn't look like a child.
Yuko C is best Yuko. The
Hackers Club already are sounding more fun than the Coil Cyber Investigation Agency.

Cute girls doing cute things: Each other

1Liek87.jpg

7Th

They wrote a manga about yurifans, by a yurifan. According to the mangaka, it's autobiographical:

Hanadera Keisuke is obsessed with yuri, and he's read all the Yuri Hime manga. However, he is sadly aware that there is one thing a lesbian romance absolutely does not need-- him. One day, a student named Akane transferred to his class from an all-girls school. She used to go to school with another classmate, Saori, and Akane immediately tried to pick up their friendship. However, her clinginess, desire for alone-time, and intensity all convinced Keisuke that he was finally seeing yuri in reality! Soon enough, Keisuke had stalked them enough to see a love triangle between Saori, newcomer Akane, and their standoffish classmate Matsuoka. Is there truth to his observations, or is he viewing the world through yuri-tinted glasses?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=62539

7Th

I hope that coverart is accurate and not a glitch of some kind

It's accurate; it's part of the joke. The main character forms a yuri club and all the members are typical "cool guy" stereotypes that could get any girl they wanted if they tried:

yuri-danshi_02.jpg

It's very true to life, everyone knows yuri fans have more game than anyone else.

trejo

Devil Survivor Dos dos

Slow episode.

Man, JP's's leader is a very unlikeable douchebag. Also, whenever someone pronounces JP's I want to slap them across the face for some reason.

And look at the magnificent eyelashes on this dude:

YW6KlaO.jpg

Does this mean Mad Pierrot has to watch this now?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That's fucking excellent.

No scanlation groups though. Ah well. More incentive to one day learn Japanese.

Which is absurd considering the shit people pick up these days. Oh well, may check it out regardless as I need to see this.

cajunator

Banned
Sawako is love. Probably my favorite character on the show.

She really is. Sawako is goddess tier. Especially in her old heavy metal rock girl outfit.

Have only watched 5 shows so far this season:

11/10 shows
Gargantia
Aku no Hana

Will keep watching cause I got nothing better to do
Muromi-san

Will most likely drop in a week or two
Devil Survivor 2
Arata Kangatari

So what other shows from this season should I be checking out?

Maou-sama is worth your time.

[Futari wa Precure] 11

d'awww how cu-

NONONONONO

This episode was pretty great. That glass is usually much too thick to just break like that.

Designs for new Gainax show:

kMrV8wG.jpg

http://moca-news.net/article/20130412/201304120449a/01/

They're actually not that bad... but it's not like NeoGainax will make them look good (or move) for most of the show.

Oh Nice!

The new Gainax anime, C3-bu, is just about an all-girl soft-gun club. They're normal girls going to a normal school; it's not like Upotte beyond the "cute girls with weapons" angle.

Sounds very relevant to my interests!

OH HELL TO THE FUCK NO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

FUCK WHY?

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?

If I ever see Al Khan, I'm setting him on fire. Fuck the bankers.

OH hey, welcome back! We missed you, you know!

wonzo

Banned
happy bday mature
Silver Spoon(Gin no Saji) is animated by QuA1ty

evZtwBQ.jpg

FUCK.
The director of NeoGAF favorite SAO is directing Silver Spoon.
lol

LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

Far and away the most egregious aspect of the whole thing is the use of the word Gangnam at all. I mean, whitewashing the cultural origin of a show for a localized market is one thing, but the whole "all dem ching-chong languages/peoples is the same" attitude? Gross.

Like, if this was the 1970s, the show probably would have been retitled "Shanghai Super Girls" and no one would have even batted an eye, but "all Asians = Chinese" is I guess finally just un-PC enough that it has to be done more discretely. Now that Americans know that South Korea exists, it can finally be capitalized upon.
wb madvid

Aku no Hana

ohgod2nduqy.gif

I guess that's the moment to drop the show before it turns into a hatewatch.
Maybe one day you'll elevate yourself above 4chan bandwagoning.

They wrote a manga about yurifans, by a yurifan. According to the mangaka, it's autobiographical:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=62539
The fact that no-one has picked this up yet really shits me.

jbug617

Banned
Valvrave 1

Pretty happy with the first episode.
It's crazy they killed Shoko so early, I guess he will find a new girl later on.

Ultimadrago

Hataraku Maou-sama! 2

This wasn't as good as the first episode. It was still alright, so that's good.

As hawt as Chi-chan is, her Kanna/Natsume/Suguha-ism shall not go without extreme bouts of laughter if/when it builds up and falls into depression and/or tears.

The rules change for no one.

Extra note: Stalking is too anti-moe. Somewhere Akane is grinning an evil grin. The poor assistant has to suffer for Satan's sins.

poorassistant4vu0z.jpg
hahahaabs7i.jpg

Quench mine thirst with thy tears.

Chihayafuru S2- 14

2yY8g
2yY7t
2yY9K

This episode was beautiful, probably one of the best I've seen in a long time.... I truly feel bad for anyone that isn't watching this amazing anime. I was worried at first that the whole season was going to be about a single tournament, but the pacing and set pieces have been amazing.

This anime also has amazing character development, it's so good

Hataraku Maou-sama! 2

This wasn't as good as the first episode. It was still alright, so that's good.

As hawt as Chi-chan is, her Kanna/Natsume/Suguha-ism shall not go without extreme bouts of laughter if/when it builds up and falls into depression and/or tears.

The rules change for no one.

Extra note: Stalking is too anti-moe. Somewhere Akane is grinning an evil grin. The poor assistant has to suffer for Satan's sins.

Stop bullying Kanna/Natsume!

Stuart444

A Certain Scientific Railgun/Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 01

I'll spoiler tag the images just in case.

Great episode, really enjoyed it thought I was initially sad at no opening (until I found out the Op for this ep was the ending :p ). Very happy that we got to see both
Erii and Banri instead of never seeing them again after the final ep of S1

I always love seeing Saten <3 obviously.

Misaka is AWESOME, seeing her
climb onto the roof like a boss and seeing her jump/teleport through the sky before blowing up the helicopter with her railgun was... glorious

Also Touma cameo :D

In this episode, we also got to see
another level 5 finally. Was she the one who cameo'd in the middle of last season during the end of the level upper arc? I wonder if Misaka and her fight.
And no, I have not read the Manga so this is all fresh for me, at least until we get to the bits seen in Index anyway.

Fantastic start to the series and this series will be my top one all season I'm sure :D

Tenumi

Banned
A Certain Scientific Railgun S: 01

Was really good. Great seeing the old characters again. Is it just me, or did the animation seem quite a bit better, for the most part, than previous seasons?

Anyway, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be watching this through, since I've watch Index, Index S2, and Railgun (Though the only bit of Manga/Light novels I've read is the first two volumes of Railgun).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom