• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's actually some side OVA episodes if you want to watch them as well. They're just more silly and fan service type stuff but there's about three or four extra OVA episodes.

Bu...but I'm already on a new adventure, I don't even remember the names anymore.
I'll make some time for it later.

Dennou Coil - 04

So Yasako and Isako.
Boy, was this episode fun...ah, ore no seishun. The memories...this one really grasped that old rivalry between boys and girls.

Stuart444

A Certain Scientific Railgun S: 01

Was really good. Great seeing the old characters again. Is it just me, or did the animation seem quite a bit better, for the most part, than previous seasons?

Anyway, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be watching this through, since I've watch Index, Index S2, and Railgun (Though the only bit of Manga/Light novels I've read is the first two volumes of Railgun).

Not sure, I'll have to compare the animation but it's awesome for the most part.

I've watched Index, S2 Index and Railgun and I want a proper Index S3 ( :( and wait for the movie to get a DVD/BD release).

Accelerator is awesome in Index (more so in S2), hope he's as awesome when we see him in Railgun S.

Happy Birthday Mature. I hope you had a good one. Conan would have shown up to wish you a happy birthday, but he's busy looking into Mad Pierrot's murder of Haim Saban.

trejo

Arve Rezzle

What a piece of shit.

Talk about a disappointment. If you are given free reign to work on a short for a project like this, why, of all the possibilities, would one choose to go with what feels more like a pilot for a longer production instead of a self-contained story that can stand on its own? I wouldn't even be interested in seeing more of this narrative because it was unappealing enough as it is but I feel like I'm still left with merely a prologue that will most likely never be expanded upon.

A waste of time is what this was.

This. If
the main girl is not dramatically revived as an antagonist at the end of the first cour
I will be disappointed.

I would freaking love this anime to death if they do that .

Apparently a new TV CM (narrated by Dekomori) aired for the Chuunibyou OVA episode that will be on Blu-ray volume 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B99n7bWOwpk

12ye0kw.png

I really need to stop going through stupid amounts of work for low-quality gifs no one will look at.

DESU DEATH

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 1 – Revolutionary Transfer Student
tumblr_ml4w252mqI1qhquzwo6_250.gif

Excellent episode. Really lived up to my hype for the anime and truly it managed to set itself far up and above the other anime with mech running this season as well as being at the pinnacle of anime thus far this year. Valvrave itself excellently served to greatly complement the characters and their motivations and even a driving force empowering their interactions with their alternative views on happiness and what drives them. L-elf and Haruto will probably be the duo to watch this season and I hope great things come from them.
Are their destinies now and permanently intertwined? I think so maybe, he seemed to have expressed much interest in Haruto all throughout the episode that there truly had to be something more, unless he suspected he had some larger role to play, which ended up turning out being right, but now having been hugged and bitten, hm, great scene

Characters are really well designed in this and beyond the two leads quite difficult to rank everyone else, guess Id say Satomi and Yuki Kaiji's character, Q-vier, for second favorites, and then the rest of L-elf's crew for thirds (H-neun, A-drei, and X-eins). Rest of the students look like they may provide interesting moments and fun comedy to give some breaks to the serious and intense tone of the anime.

Plot
I hope they can keep all the mindblowing moments coming. Never would have imagined a death within so short of a time there, and then additionally just a large amount of deaths and destruction in and around the school. Ruthless, what if it even starts to target other named characters. The huge one had to have been the final scene though. Can the writer top that?

Also, I want Valvrave, best design, swords, wings, even, speed and agility, incomparable.

trejo

Chihayafuru S2- 14

This episode was beautiful, probably one of the best I've seen in a long time.... I truly feel bad for anyone that isn't watching this amazing anime. I was worried at first that the whole season was going to be about a single tournament, but the pacing and set pieces have been amazing.

This anime also has amazing character development, it's so good

I recognize that Chihayafuru is a good, well put together show with enjoyable characters and I want to like it, I really do. It's just that for the life of me I simply cannot stand karuta and the mere prospect of having to sit through endless matches and tournaments and training and characters talking about other character's karuta power levels over and over again just absolutely saps any will I may have to keep watching.

It's a darn shame and it makes me sad but what can ya do.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon] 040
Luna getting trolled, BrickBoys, mad driving skillz, tons of MamoruXUsagi melodrama, and some neat art. This was shaping up to be a great episode about Usagi finally learning to stand up for herself and by herself!
Then the other Sailor Senshi saved the day. :p

At least they finally answered my pleas for some girl fanservice. Thank you, Toei!

Naruto Shippuden 306

A Hinata episode!

Always happy to see one especially when she's interacting with more people than just Naruto. Everything Neji did for her while she had her eyes bandaged up was sweet and should make their later interaction somewhat more powerful compared to the manga.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guys it would be pretty fucking awesome if you black bar'd Chihayafuru episodes for those who have not watched them yet. Like, you know, outcomes of matches or who makes the winning move or that crap. :/

I know it's a sports animu so we can all predict this crap coming from a mile away, but still.

I recognize that Chihayafuru is a good, well put together show with enjoyable characters and I want to like it, I really do. It's just that for the life of me I simply cannot stand karuta and the mere prospect of having to sit through endless matches and tournaments and training and characters talking about other character's karuta power levels over and over again just absolutely saps any will I may have to keep watching.

It's a darn shame and it makes me sad but what can ya do.

It's almost like me and Saki, except the mahjong matches are pretty cool but I watch them dumbfounded as I still don't know how that game works.

Guys it would be pretty fucking awesome if you black bar'd Chihayafuru episodes for those who have not watched them yet. Like, you know, outcomes of matches or who makes the winning move or that crap. :/

I know it's a sports animu so we can all predict this crap coming from a mile away, but still.

This. Kind of robs the matches of any kind of tension whatsoever. =/

Chihayafuru 2 14:
Incredible episode.
When Desktomu pulled out the win at the end, it was a real punch the air moment. Seeing that right after Chihaya's loss was great. I was glad to see him be the hero, and to not only use his wits, but to pull off one of the gutsiest moves we've seen in the series to date, by taking the opponent's card in a goddamn luck of the draw. Poor Nishida, in contrast, owned himself. I'm hoping he can pull of some big move in the final. Kana-chan used up all of her strength, but she did so getting a win (I just wish we could have seen more of it).

Shinobu also had some great scene stealing moments here. Her scenes were all pretty hilarious.

There's been a lot of problems lately with people not spoiler tagging enough stuff. It's just common courtesy, especially when posting about something on the same day it airs.

Dennou Coil - 05

Oh look, I'm there member Number Five. Known for my unpleasant personality, on of my childhood,
because now I'm different I swear
Fumie, so very dense,
everyone know why kids do that. At least you got hacka skilz out of it.
Now down to two
factions, Isako the new leader of the Daikoku Hackers and the Coil Cyber Investigation Agency.
Satchii you again...go away Satchii. Why everyone keep putting their galsses on their heads?
Then suddenly
Celty(DRRR) sighted.
=p

Edit: maybe I should watch Chihayafuru now, you know, before I get spoilered.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Aku no Hana - 02

Yep, gotta say I'm a fan of this show. Nakamura is such a wicked character, and her nonchalant yet devious demeanor towards Kasuga gives off an image of a cat playing with its food, knowing that it has all the time the world to savor its meal. And I man do I love the ED, so creepy and chilling!

trejo

Wasn't duckroll also the one who said that if we get spoiled then maybe we should just deal with it back when we were discussing if it was okay to post potentially revealing screens?

cajunator

Banned
Oh god Im so exhausted I keep falling asleep after scrolling down every couple of posts.

Damn, and I thought I had it too. I really want another role from her.

You and me both! (and everybody else probably)

without the OST I doubt anyone would still be watching that show. It really does numb the slow pace.

I disagree, although the soundtrack is so good it does help carry it during slow parts.

highschool-of-the-dead_3985790.jpg

Highschool of the dead 1-12
I've heard that many people really hate this flick, but i just saw it and i must say, that it's pretty nice. It's not the smartest, deepest, coolest anime ever, but it's definitely entertaining. I liked pretty much all main cast of heroes, except the blond chick. She's 100% useless.
Fanservice was...normal. Story is fast paced and engaging, like pretty much most zombie related stuff (except talking dead).
Will wait season 2. And why is it called "highschool" of the dead? More like city of the dead or something, they spent 3 eps in school and that's it.
Like everything. But motion+sound beats all odds (i also haven't read OP manga, so anime only for me, win-win situation)

You've heard wrong. a loooooot of people enjoyed this show for what it is.
It wasn't ever trying to be anything else but campy trashy fun.

what I did I say?

I say, sir. what did I say about Saban?

I don't know. what did you say?

More like didn't care. Or couldn't tell what the hell you were talking about because you buried it in some crazy rant.

But that is his best quality! Especially since knowing what he sounds like too.

Aku no Hana

ohgod2nduqy.gif

I guess that's the moment to drop the show before it turns into a hatewatch.

This doesn't particularly look that bad.

I guess the new Railgun opening continues the proud Railgun tradition of

1. terrible music
  2. better animation than Index
  3. the garden being ruined by toe-ma

Only My Railgun is terrible? What??? That song is so energetic and catchy!

Cute girls doing cute things: Each other

I like the cut of your jib!

Apparently a new TV CM (narrated by Dekomori) aired for the Chuunibyou OVA episode that will be on Blu-ray volume 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B99n7bWOwpk

12ye0kw.png

I really need to stop going through stupid amounts of work for low-quality gifs no one will look at.

Anything Chuu2 and I'm there.
I miss it :(

Chihayafuru S2- 14

2yY8g
2yY7t
2yY9K

This episode was beautiful, probably one of the best I've seen in a long time.... I truly feel bad for anyone that isn't watching this amazing anime. I was worried at first that the whole season was going to be about a single tournament, but the pacing and set pieces have been amazing.

This anime also has amazing character development, it's so good

Chihayafuru is one of my top ten favorite animes and its more than just the Karuta tournaments.
The whole atmosphere of the show is just so addictive and charming. I love it to death.

Video for the english dub voice of Kuriyukihime in Accel World . Premiering on next weekend.

Hmmm. Interesting. But anyway this probably means I can buy Accel World Blurays soon so bring it on!

I agree. Spoilers fucking suck. Especially posting pictures of events and outcomes. Its not very groovy.

cajunator

Banned
Dude just go to bed. Or are you at work?

...Sleep at work.

No they made me work extra days, but during the day instead of night, so now my body clock is all fucked up.
I'm about to crash anyway and I have to get up at 5 AM. Man fuck daytime hours. how do yall do this shit? Its such a depressing drag.

yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru 2

I like it ... but this episode was kinda boring. I hope the numerous sub-plots they started will have some effect later .

Quasar

Chihayafuru 2.14

That pretty much is my most perfect end to that match. Really liked this episode.

Am bummed though that we didn't get a Arata/Shinobu game though.

cajunator

Banned
It's almost like me and Saki, except the mahjong matches are pretty cool but I watch them dumbfounded as I still don't know how that game works.

Zach your avatar is SO FUCKING CUTE> HNNNNNGH.

I like it ... but this episode was kinda boring. I hope the numerous sub-plots they started will have some effect later .

Is this Oreshura? Or does that go by another name? I'm confused by all these show names.

Quasar

I liked it all for the most part. I did miss the sparring between the two leads though. Want more of that.

Arve Rezzle

What a piece of shit.

Talk about a disappointment. If you are given free reign to work on a short for a project like this, why, of all the possibilities, would one choose to go with what feels more like a pilot for a longer production instead of a self-contained story that can stand on its own? I wouldn't even be interested in seeing more of this narrative because it was unappealing enough as it is but I feel like I'm still left with merely a prologue that will most likely never be expanded upon.

A waste of time is what this was.

It's a light novel. I imagine it would have been a much meatier adaptation had it gotten a full TV series like it was supposed to.

Articalys

It's accurate; it's part of the joke. The main character forms a yuri club and all the members are typical "cool guy" stereotypes that could get any girl they wanted if they tried:

yuri-danshi_02.jpg

It's very true to life, everyone knows yuri fans have more game than anyone else.
So what series are those on the posters/bags they're holding? Looks like Yuru Yuri, Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana, Marimite, and... K-On?

Defuser

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 1
Awww yeah! Synthpop music OP is back baby! Welcome back after 3 years Railgun! Furthermore Saten is back!!!!

This new railgun season is gonna be awesome.

IxZMp9n.png

OTP OTP

trejo

It's a light novel. I imagine it would have been a much meatier adaptation had it gotten a full TV series like it was supposed to.

As it stands, though, it just feels like a very misguided choice for this project.

It's pretty ugly too so it doesn't even work as a showcase like some of the other segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom