• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

To Aru no Railgun S2 - 01

That ending montage is hype, nice to see another Level 5 and it looks like the action scenes are going to be at Index level.

jgminto

Started watching Gintama. Good stuff. 10 episodes in so far. Don't think I really need to describe it to you guys. The anti-foreigner sentiment I'm getting from the show is interesting. Kagura is the best.

Defuser

Started watching Gintama. Good stuff. 10 episodes in so far. Don't think I really need to describe it to you guys. The anti-foreigner sentiment I'm getting from the show is interesting. Kagura is the best.

Welcome to the club. Continuing to stick with it and you will be rewarded with fuck awesome action.

Don't know if its been posted yet but looks like Crunchyroll is getting Attack on Titan too.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-799349/new-spring-titles-attack-on-titan

Great...though hope the final true broadcast time is saturday. Guess all my 14 anime are on streaming platforms.

So with Attack on Titan being streamed by both Funimation and Crunchyroll... has this ever happened before?

Only show I can think of that funi and crunchyroll had was fairytail...which only had five episodes up at a time on crunchyroll while funi only streams first season and now season 2

mAcOdIn

Man I don't think that's true at all. It's like being a foreigner alone in a foreign land but not even knowing that anybody else you could possibly communicate with and who would know about your world and even be able to speak to you, let alone treat you as though you were sane, existed. So somehow she gritted her teeth and learned Japanese, somehow got a relatively alright job, managed to get an apartment somehow - we still don't know if she shortcutted any of that or not - and then suddenly she sees people who know what she's going through, who maybe could get her back to her world, with the people she cares about, a land that's familiar to her - but it's the worst possible people she could meet. And then she's prepare to fight them, but they have zero interest in it whatsoever - in fact, she's pretty much no threat to them at all! You know how powerless you would feel there? Back home, she was, well, the hero of the land. Here she's fallen as low as these jerkbags, and they're the only ones who even have an inkling of what she's going through.
I can see that but I don't know that it had to happen that way. I can't help but feel that someone so invested in killing a single person would see it through.
And she wasn't afraid to walk home - she didn't want to sleep in the streets. She lost her wallet and couldn't take the train home.
Sleep in the streets? How big is Tokyo? Ok, I probably differ greatly from the average user here since I was in the Army and we had to walk 20+ miles at time so frankly I'm at the point where 10 miles is pretty lolworthy, but I mean, damn, you'd rather stay at your archenemy's place and sleep than walk home? Seriously? I'd need to be PRETTY far from home before that thought crossed my mind. Ok, looked it up, pretty big place. I'd stay at my archenemy's place if I lived on the other side of Tokyo provided it was a hot girl in my case.
Maou-sama 2

Calling it now: best show of the season. Sorry, Yuyushiki.
But Yuyushiki was terrible!
Only show I can think of that funi and crunchyroll had was fairytail...which only had five episodes up at a time on crunchyroll while funi only streams first season and now season 2
Viz and Crunchyroll both streamed Bleach! There's been a few others too, Mysterious Girlfriend X was on Crunchyroll and Hulu(through someone else).

Slam Dunk

Seen the first 7 episodes, does it get better? Its extremely slow paced. I'm lately into sports anime and this is really not what I was expecting from this genre. I decided to watch this over Ippo New Challenger and I regret it at the moment.

Mr.Jeff

I can see that but I don't know that it had to happen that way. I can't help but feel that someone so invested in killing a single person would see it through.
I don't think it's case of her no longer wanting to kill them anymore but rather a case of if she does kill them, she will have no-one left. They are essentially her last remaining link to her homeland. After that she would be stuck in a world where she only knows people through acquaintance with no apparent way to return. It's not a question of distance from home but rather, even if she wanted to she can't leave.

Plus she probably feels slightly conflicted about why she should kill him in this world when by all appearances, he's a model upright citizen who hasn't hurt/killed anyone yet.

Defuser

Hey there Nagai, you got your Ano Natsu characters in mah Railgun.

Dqs09nZ.png

Kurita

Slam Dunk

Seen the first 7 episodes, does it get better? Its extremely slow paced. I'm lately into sports anime and this is really not what I was expecting from this genre. I decided to watch this over Ippo New Challenger and I regret it at the moment.
I don't know how the anime is but I recently started the manga. It's fantastic, clearly one of the best sports shounen out there.
Waaaaay better than Kuroko's Basket.

Slam Dunk

Based on the manga its only good during game time, but is great when the four are assembled.

fertygo

Aku no Hana 02

Wow this was real good, its clear Nagahama are talented director.. the story flowing well and have weight. But like Ducky said his common sense aren't clear lol. I kinda wish its a clean adaptation, or at least they have better model for Nakamura, Saeki actually look pretty.

Viz and Crunchyroll both streamed Bleach! There's been a few others too, Mysterious Girlfriend X was on Crunchyroll and Hulu(through someone else).

Sentai Filmworks shows that arent anime network exclusive are usually on tan, hulu, and crunchyroll

Aniplex is also usually hulu and crunchyroll

Viz hulu and crunchyroll sometimes. (Naruto sd, bleach, shippuden)

I think this is the first for Funi/CR within the same season, while its common practice for everyone else.

Dresden

railgun s - 01

This is so goddamn dumb.

Also much better than Index. High standards. Nagai giving a fuck? I don't know. I'll probably watch more.

stryke

Majestic Prince 1-2

Good to see some mecha coming back into the fold. I just hope they can find some sort of shtick to make themselves a bit more...original. I like a bit of over-the-top action every now and then though.

And yay, Hisashi Hirai character designs!! If I weren't so invested in Gundam Seed, I'd probably wouldn't think much of his character designs but what the hell, nostalgia wins.

Stuart444

To Aru no Railgun S2 - 01

That ending montage is hype, nice to see another Level 5 and it looks like the action scenes are going to be at Index level.

Technically we saw one last season (the one in pink) though I didn't know that until I looked up stuff on railgun/level 5s and stuff.

Still, this is the first time we've seen another level 5 get any spotlight.

Also I wonder if Railgun S will only cover the Sisters arc or will cover the Daihasei festival arc as well.

Defuser

Technically we saw one last season (the one in pink) though I didn't know that until I looked up stuff on railgun/level 5s and stuff.

Still, this is the first time we've seen another level 5 get any spotlight.

Also I wonder if Railgun S will only cover the Sisters arc or will cover the Daihasei festival arc as well.

It showed Misaki man both in the episode and the OP....which does give a possibiltiy of a Daihaseisai arc but right now the manga hasn't finish it yet.

Is it too much to ask for a gigantic 3 to 4 - cour of madaka box for them to animate the rest now that the manga has ended ?

Yes ? / No ? I still think abnormal was great season.

Defuser

Is it too much to ask for a gigantic 3 to 4 - cour of madaka box for them to animate the rest now that the manga has ended ?

Yes ? / No ? I still think abnormal was great season.

With both seasons bombed and it didn't increase the manga sales at all. Of course it's asking too much.

sonicmj1

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA 1

Because I just can't get enough Jojo.

This has a very different tone. Lacking some of the TV series' self-awareness and cheese, this is more dark and serious. I'm not blown away just yet. But the pacing and strategy of the fights are recognizably Araki.

I like the jail cell fight a lot. Even if it felt pretty low-stakes, it was a lot better than most of the fights in the TV series. The addition of an actual animation budget means that the tactics the fighters use can speak for themselves, instead of having to narrative over barely-animated closeups and panning shots. The fights keep moving, instead of having every punch and counterblow explained. I'm looking forward to seeing that in action once things start getting serious.

Jotaro's mom kinda sucks. She doesn't act much like a Joestar.

Starting Bleach after taking a break from One Piece wasn't a very good idea.

The thing I like best about One Piece is how the main characters aren't the good guys who beat everything all the time. When they face someone who is stronger than them, they get the shit beaten out of them and no amount of love and the power of justice is going to help them. Battles all make sense because the relative power levels of the fighters is always pretty clear.

And then there's Bleach.

"For 300 years noone has ever beaten me"

"Oh yeah? Well I trained for a week"

*monster proceeds to not stand a chance*

Earn your goddamn badass moments, show, I mean jeez.

Quasar

Seitokai Yakuin Domo 13 -END-

Well that was a fun timewaster. Didn't outstay its welcome at all and stayed consistently funny all the way through. Might check out the OVAs later.

So very lewd.

And surprisingly I got a little bored by the final third. I think I wanted a little character development to break up the repeated to death jokes.

I did like the finale and its messing around with conventions.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I've already been with this with him over Magica Madoka, and I've translated.

Dull character design = Female
Compelling character design = Male.
I want to hear it from DTL's mouth. Even if I disagree, I am sure the actual specifications will be intriguing!
recap bros 53

more recaps next week... ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME
I can't even remember when was the last time I saw a recap episode in a currently-airing anime, and now we are getting three!?

Novid

Banned
Curious see see what it gets content wise give its owners and the fact that its a free service (though I guess that means loaded with ads). You'd think it would be all second run and classic stuff whilst the new stuff stays over on the other services that generate revenue from watchers. A bit like what is over on Crackle.

Glad you posted this though, I had no idea this was even a thing. Wonder if the video stream will be using flash or just a html5 thing. Hopefully the latter, as that would make it a little easier to get to a TV whilst apps get worked on.

I have a feeling however, this going to be apart of a larger suite of services.

Starting Bleach after taking a break from One Piece wasn't a very good idea.

The thing I like best about One Piece is how the main characters aren't the good guys who beat everything all the time. When they face someone who is stronger than them, they get the shit beaten out of them and no amount of love and the power of justice isn't going to help them. Battles all make sense because the relative power levels of the fighters is always pretty clear.

And then there's Bleach.

"For 300 years noone has ever beaten me"

"Oh yeah? Well I trained for a week"

*monster proceeds to not stand a chance*

Earn your goddamn badass moments, show, I mean jeez.

? I can only think of one arc in One Piece where that statement is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom