• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
DB GT

The Black Star Dragonball saga is really good, its reminiscent of the first DB show.

Power of the Para Para brothaz! Here the music video starring Goku and co http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwoaTeGSlLg

dbgt1f0sx3.png

All Goku ever thinks is food lol

awww I want a Pan doll now

Xam'd is the reason I discovered the Boom Boom Satellites. It'll always hold a special place in my heart for that.

And unrelated, I just finished My Little Monster, and I'm left feeling kind of indifferent. I actually quite enjoyed my time with it, but the unsurprising lack
of closure (curse you manga) was nonetheless frustrating. Every plot thread that got started in the final few episodes was left open by the end, which bummed me out. It just didn't feel like a proper place to stop.
I liked the supporting cast a lot, but any time an episode focused on Kenji, it kind of felt like a waste.

I dunno. I liked it, but I don't know if I liked it enough to read the manga now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And unrelated, I just finished My Little Monster, and I'm left feeling kind of indifferent. I actually quite enjoyed my time with it, but the unsurprising lack
of closure (curse you manga) was nonetheless frustrating. Every plot thread that got started in the final few episodes was left open by the end, which bummed me out. It just didn't feel like a proper place to stop.
I liked the supporting cast a lot, but any time an episode focused on Kenji, it kind of felt like a waste.

I dunno. I liked it, but I don't know if I liked it enough to read the manga now.

Natsume > *

Jintor

Xam'd is the reason I discovered the Boom Boom Satellites. It'll always hold a special place in my heart for that.

It absolutely was a terrible place to stop. Right in the god damn middle.

Maybe wait until the manga ends, final volume is out in a couple of months.

Theonik

Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki)

Episodes 2 & 3

I'm just going to pretend I didn't see mention of this show slowly getting worse because right now I'm really really enjoying it.
Who the hell said that? Banner, especially Banner II are awesome! The series doesn't really go bad until Banner III that was rushed gunk for the most part.

Actually thought Valvrave was going to be the best of the three on a cursory glance. How wrong I was.
What lead to this assumption? iirc it looked bad even since when we only had the mech designs.

No it was just one man. The one man to rule them all.
One man to rule them all
One man to find them
One man to bring them all.
And in the darkness smang them.

Natsume > *

Agreed. I was actually really disappointed when
it's revealed that she had feelings for Mi. I was hoping that good ole' dependable Sasayan would get some love.
='(

EDIT: Woh, final volume is out in a few months? In the case I might as well read it then. Glad to see I'm not the only one frustrated with where they ended it. I have no problem with series having non-endings due to following the manga. I just take issue when the place they choose to end it makes no sense.

Finally making progress on all the recent shows on the backlog. Next up?

Shin Sekai Yori. A lot of Japanese friends of mine here looooove the original novels, so I had been planning to read it first. Alas, I had no time (shouldn't have read five volumes of SAO last year), so I'm going to end up watching it first. Anything I should prepare for going in?

cajunator

Banned
Holy shitballs. 8 fucking pages since 6 PM?! Do yall sleep?

Oh man. This is great!

i903R0s.gif

We even have a wan!

eiVYVUl.gif

I missed you so much Awesomebear. You know that the Rinne boxset comes out pretty soon right?

Wan wan maido! This show is the worst for my heart.

HNNNNNGH. Just HNNNNGH.

I think they arranged either by boob size or by Cute factor

Yes, it is. Few people realize how hard it is.

Mail came today!

CFF15529-2AC5-4ED6-A63F-6011CCA20B77-912-0000011232176298_zpsb82ee685.jpg

I KNEW you were gonna buy this eventually. It was inevitable!

Fumoffu or regular? Fumoffu or regular!?

Fumoffu please!

hey.

Would you date/nail your cousin if you could?

Sure, why not?

Maybe. Best girl was Ice Queen.

Ice Queen is best queen.

Zettai Bouei Leviathan - 03 ( Rescue mission )

Great episode again , classic but great.
I think i understand what this show is trying to do.

It's trying to not be serious.... and it succeeds.

How many times will the bar will be destroyed ?
Will syrop manage to not be the best fairy ever ?
Will this trio manage to trully even reach the friend status ?
Will yurlungur manage to get a date with leviathan ?
What are below the scales ?

Tune in next week !

I havent heard of this but it looks to suit my interest.

probably soemthing to do with the actress.

DATE A LIVE 3

so this show is just garbage...

btw: is world god only knows or w/e its called any good? As in the manga. Show was pretty enjoyable from what I remember.

TWGOK is pretty fun stuff. Learn to date through vidya games like God. Shiori is the greatest character ever. However this is Hnnngzawa's greatest triumph and your heart is very likely to explode, so be extremely careful.

Jintor

Agreed. I was actually really disappointed when
it's revealed that she had feelings for Mi. I was hoping that good ole' dependable Sasayan would get some love.
='(

EDIT: Woh, final volume is out in a few months? In the case I might as well read it then. Glad to see I'm not the only one frustrated with where they ended it. I have no problem with series having non-endings due to following the manga. I just take issue when the place they choose to end it makes no sense.

Afaik it's almost literally at the halfway mark.

The staff for the new Rozen Maiden show has been revealed.

Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Sankarea)
Series Composition: Tomomi Mochizuki (House of Five Leaves, Fancy Lala)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Kyuta Sakai (Sankarea, Steins;Gate)
Music: Shinkichi Mitsumune (all the previous Rozen Maiden anime)
OP Artist: Ali Project (all the previous Rozen Maiden anime)
Animation Production: Studio DEEN

Articalys

I know it was posted near the bottom of a page, but it really doesn't hurt to search back a couple pages for recent news.

On a different note, I would like to apologize again for the extended delay in posting the next survey poll. It'll be ready within 24 hours from now, I promise.

I know it was posted near the bottom of a page, but it really doesn't hurt to search back a couple pages for recent news.

My apologies. I had skimmed through the last couple pages, but I somehow failed to notice your post.

Anyway, I am now a bit interested in the new Rozen Maiden. I had marked Hatakeyama as a director to keep an eye on after Sankarea, despite its problems, so I'm curious to see what he'll do here. Mochizuki on writing duty is also interesting.

So... I decided to marathon Guilty Crown this week...

and I actually was enjoying it up through episode 16 or
whenever the students decided their stupid coup against Shu or whatever

Then the show took a massive nose dive and ended with one of the worst endings I've seen in a while. Ugh, so much wasted potential.
I need to watch something else now and forget about what could have been.
Funny i think the show took a nose dive in ep 14-15.. i'm curious in what happensin ep 16 but somehow the show managed to kill my interest before that point and i haven't come back to see the rest ever since.

OP:
Best Song - Valvrave (Preserved Roses)
Best Direction - Attack on Titan
Best Animation - Attack on Titan
Best Representation of the Show - Gargantia/Yuyushiki (tie!)
Ear Damage and Eye Sore Award - Aku no Hana

ED:
Best Song - Vavlrave (Boku ja nai)
Best Direction - Attack on Titan
Best Animation - Gargantia
Ear Damage and Eye Sore Award - Aku no Hana

Well ok why not ....
I'm official withdrawing my support for Attack on Titan's OP under "best direction". It was a mistake. After further analysis I have concluded that the entire OP is a fraud. A deception. The impression the OP gives most people is that it has to be well directed because it seems to fit the song so well and everything works.

The truth? The song is the Anime OP equivalent of the Guile Theme. It works with pretty much anything, as long as there are repeated motions, fast motion, and most importantly visual garbage on screen. There are over a dozen parody OPs using the song, and they all work relatively well at the bare minimum even with zero effort. Those with actual effort put in work amazingly well. Good direction is not required.

FRAUD! :(
Looool
I was under the impression that the more something was good , the more parodies you'd find on the internet ?
Doesn't this mean that the song is at least god-like ?

Holy shitballs. 8 fucking pages since 6 PM?! Do yall sleep?
Lool cajun , not sure if you're qualified to say that ... and besides this was saturday & sunday , the moment where the good stuff happens.
I havent heard of this but it looks to suit my interest.
If you don't like syrop , cajunator then something won't be right with the world.

Mr.Jeff

Probably the one redeeming thing about it imo.
But really it's such a waste and sticks out like a sore thumb.
It's a bit short and all over the place but I think it's still quite good. It has those great scenes with the insane pilot girl and Jinto and Lafiel after all. All things considered we were lucky we got anything at all.

Articalys

Pack it up guys, the best Shingeki no Kyojin MAD is here.

GIRLS UND SHINGEKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptjEpQZzH_A

This video actually got effort and effects which makes it ten times better than those souless shingeki guile MADs.
Didn't do much for me until I got to the parody of the slow-motion scene, which was great.

I think I saw a parody picture somewhere of the scenes from the end of the OP (slow-mo jump, everyone leaping up from the buildings at once), except with titans instead of soldiers.

cajunator

Banned
Lol, just watched Valvrave 2. Everything was so dumb. At least the girls are cute.

This is the right way to approach a show!

Date A Live 3

About as entertainingly dumb as the past episodes, but with Space Houki completely obliterating my heart. This season overall is just full of cuteness that I'll need to take in moderation.

That's the right way to approach a season.

Tessa is best girl.

correct.

ssssssshhhhhhh don't say anything or MAL will edit the title.

Speaking of which, here are some more title "enhancements" that I noticed on my list recently:

nGE2EeD.png
yd7gQug.png
v3gcMku.png

Shame on MAL for taking so long to deliver some titles from the yoke of our barbarian tongue.

Why did they change ALL PURPOSE CULTURAL CATGIRL NUKU NUKU?
FUCK YOU MAL. FUCK YOU IN YOUR NERDY WEEABOO FACE.

I didn't mention because I've never seen Rozen Maiden, but now that I know Miyukichi's in it I'll probably get to it eventually.

Rozen Maiden is ok desu. You might like the characters and cute in it desu. Suiseiseki is fucking crazy desu. Suigintou is best girl desu! Ali Project sucks desu!

Because content is hard, it's time to rank this season's OPs and EDs.

OP's

1. Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
2. Aiura
3. Attack on Titan
4. Gargantia
5. Valvrave the Liberator
6. Aku no Hana
7. Azazel-San Z

Winner: http://vimeo.com/63485487

ED's

1. Attack on Titan
2. Gargantia
3. Aku no Hana
4. Valvrave

Winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUCdTngVjk

It's been a pretty underwhelming season for OP's and ED's, but I feel like the top one's are pretty great.

The only OPs that matter are 1. Muromi and 2. Aiura
The rest can go home and ponder how much they suck.

Meanwhile, both seasons of Index and Railgun have, IMO, the worst and most skippable OP's ever.

Fuck no.

I have a question for all the anime watchers out there.
What are some good anime TV shows worth watching over the past 5 or 6 years?
I have started watching Shingeki no Kyojin which is really cool.

The last time I was into anime was a long time ago back when Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop came out. I kind of stopped watching anime in 2005 as the transition to Blu Ray happened where I decided to stop buying DVD's.

So please recommend some shows, don't mind what genre or whether it's available on Blu Ray or not.
I have and am planning to watch Death Note and Monster. If it also helps I do love mecha shows and Serial Experiments Lain and Boogiepop Phantom are some other favorites of mine.

Steins;Gate, Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Bunny Drop, Shin Sekai Yori, Psycho Pass, Gargantia

Natsume > *

Correct!

Metrotab

Banned
I wonder how much passion animators must have for their craft. It looks like a stressful job. In-betweens especially must be mind-numbing.

survivor

Banned
Best anime: Muromi-san
Biggest surprise: Muromi-san
Will keep watching because of cute girls: Yuyushiki
Biggest disappointment: Red Data Girl and Devil Survivor 2
Best OP: Attack on Titan
Best ED: I guess Devil Survivor 2? Nothing else caught my attention.

edit: Ok I forgot about Titan's ED, that one is much better.

Shergal

I wonder how much passion animators must have for their craft. It looks like a stressful job. In-betweens especially must be mind-numbing.

It must be hell. Going through being an in-betweener while not even being sure if you'll ever get to work consistently as a KA, on top of being paid two meals per week on average.

Key Animation should be fun if you're in a good environment and can choose what to animate (which admittedly doesn't seem very common at all).

Any good recent historical/fantasy/historical fantasy anime? I already saw Sword of the Stranger?

Kingdom is worth watching, especially before Kingdom 2 starts up, excellent take on the genre and good tactics and character motivations/development.

Maybe look into Brave10 too.

So... I decided to marathon Guilty Crown this week...

and I actually was enjoying it up through episode 16 or
whenever the students decided their stupid coup against Shu or whatever

Then the show took a massive nose dive and ended with one of the worst endings I've seen in a while. Ugh, so much wasted potential.
I need to watch something else now and forget about what could have been.

I thought second half of Guilty Crown was just as good as the first half. Ending, was alright I thought. If were really grouping the three shows, then I think Valvrave = Guilty Crown > Code Geass (1st half) > Code Geass (2nd half). Valvrave is already on my top 10 anime ever list, Guilty Crown too, though I guess Im unfortunately in a minority opinion here.

Because content is hard, it's time to rank this season's OPs and EDs.

It's been a pretty underwhelming season for OP's and ED's, but I feel like the top one's are pretty great.

Attack on Titan's OP just feels really overrated, though I guess with over 1mln views and tons of paradies. it really feels as if the OP is kind of not that special if it can really be fitting for so much stuff, perhaps theres been a lack of creativity behind it, unfortunately.

OP
1. Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000%
2. Majestic Prince
3. Valvrave
4. Arata The Legend
5. Devil Survivor 2: The Animation

ED
1. Karneval
2. Valvrave
3. Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000%
4. Arata The Legend

Attack on Titan 3

Oddly enough, I think this was the best episode so far. It had its comedic elements, but they were mostly intentional and not a product of forced melodrama and over-the-top acting and directing. I'm sure we'll get more of that soon enough though. The production values were visibly lower, but I can't say it matters for this type of episode.

Hunter x Hunter 76
I was expecting a flashback ... The one i expected was a couple of seconds and i got another totally unexpected.
I do mind a little because they could have took care of this properly if they did the right thing from the start instead of giving me this filler.

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2076.jpg

Kaito is finnally there !!! There is like no reason to not watch this now.

New opening animation is alright , new ED is just average.
I do like the premise of seeing all those new faces animated.
Pacing excellent as usual

Branduil

The staff for the new Rozen Maiden show has been revealed.

Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama (Sankarea)
Series Composition: Tomomi Mochizuki (House of Five Leaves, Fancy Lala)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Kyuta Sakai (Sankarea, Steins;Gate)
Music: Shinkichi Mitsumune (all the previous Rozen Maiden anime)
OP Artist: Ali Project (all the previous Rozen Maiden anime)

Studio DEEN

Welp.

Don't have much hope that Hatakeyama will find better storyboarders this time, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom