• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

If people are complaining about MAL titles, time to link the Greasemonkey userscripts that help to alleviate name changes:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=566695&show=0

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/161255 is the most powerful one IMO, which both renames the titles in your list and re-alphabetizes them afterwards, but it takes longer to activate the more titles you have in your list. It loads in only a few seconds for me, with about 200 shows, but if you have near 1,000, it might take longer. There are a few alternatives that use in-place title changes or a backend database instead of a custom list if you want to improve speed at the cost of customizability/neatness; look through the thread for those.

duckroll

That's maybe one of the most forced theory ever.

Also it would mean that KyoAni announces three different anime project in like 3 weeks.

This is also proof that Chet is wrong and the teaser campaign is a huge success. Even when fans think they know exactly what the reveal is, and even if they're probably right, give them a few days and they'll come up with everything else because they're impatient, bored, and stupid. :p

Jex

[Azazel-san Z] - 3

This fell about as flat as the first episode, which is rather disappointing. There's also lots of jokes at the expense of transvestites as well, so there you go.

[Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san] - 3

The best comedy of the season, and the series with the most consistently good looking animation!

This is also proof that Chet is wrong and the teaser campaign is a huge success. Even when fans think they know exactly what the reveal is, and even if they're probably right, give them a few days and they'll come up with everything else because they're impatient, bored, and stupid. :p

I guess so, it's no skin off my nose.

jgminto

So...this is totally hypothetical and not at all related to the surprise I'm working on, but what do you guys think would be a good subtitle for a School Days OT?

Also if someone could direct me to a collection of impressions as well that would be cool too. It's not like I'm doing School Days as my first OT though! Where'd you get that idea!?

Just expect poor quality. I'm not very good.

jgminto

I saw that. It's hardly an OT. I just saw some people didn't want to crowd this thread so I thought it would be cool...

Also there's spoilers in that OP.

jgminto

Why do you hate me, duckroll? I try to do something nice and you stomp on my heart!

But wouldn't it be cool to have a place for all the impressions too? And it could get some more people to watch it. I also just like the show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Attack On Titan] 02
v6UwG7Al.jpg
Yet one more candidate for waifu of the season.

Yeah, that's all I have to say. This show puts me in the dumps. :(

jgminto

So I'm going to use the list Jexhius posted earlier as a base for impressions from AnimeGAF threads. If there are some that aren't on there just post a link to your first and last post in the OT and I'll add them. I think a record of our School Days experiences would be pretty cool.

Jex

Because content is hard, it's time to rank this season's OPs and EDs.

OP's

1. Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
2. Aiura
3. Attack on Titan
4. Gargantia
5. Valvrave the Liberator
6. Aku no Hana
7. Azazel-San Z

Winner: http://vimeo.com/63485487

ED's

1. Attack on Titan
2. Gargantia
3. Aku no Hana
4. Valvrave

Winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUCdTngVjk

It's been a pretty underwhelming season for OP's and ED's, but I feel like the top one's are pretty great.

Kazzy

So I'm going to use the list Jexhius posted earlier as a base for impressions from AnimeGAF threads. If there are some that aren't on there just post a link to your first and last post in the OT and I'll add them. I think a record of our School Days experiences would be pretty cool.

Ah, a similar thought had crossed my mind. I would be interested in reading Evangelion posts, if there is enough of them lying about. TTGL too, now that I'm finally getting through it.

Articalys

Jex, are you a mind reader or something? I was just independently sorting my Spring OP/EDs as you posted that. Though like before, it was more of a purely musical ordering for me as opposed to considering the animation as well...

edit: Actually my list is probably going to be quite different than yours, especially accounting for watching different shows.

Jintor

On that note, it was an interesting experience to go back to check the TTGL thread and see mods openly discussing fansubbing groups and downloads (including one that Shouta apparently was part of)

Jex

Ah, a similar thought had crossed my mind. I would be interested in reading Evangelion posts, if there is enough of them lying about. TTGL too, now that I'm finally getting through it.

There's like 10 gazillion Evangelion posts over 9 years on this forum. That would be maddness.
Jex, are you a mind reader or something? I was just independently sorting my Spring OP/EDs as you posted that. Though like before, it was more of a purely musical ordering for me as opposed to considering the animation as well...

Ah well, I had been waiting for all the ED's/OP's to air but then I arbitrarily decided that it was the right time!

Shergal

I have to say that Titan's OP gives the wrong idea, being all epic and uplifting. The manga's nothing like that! (at least, not until a little while ago)

Kazzy

Well as you can see from my NOW LIVE THREAD! you don't really want me to do it. Such poor quality. It's my first time. Don't hate me!

You've already shown more initiative that the majority of those who post in here. Myself included!

There's like 10 gazillion Evangelion posts over 9 years on this forum. That would be maddness.

Hm, probably. I guess it'll just be my own undertaking, then. I'll perhaps make an attempt at trying to collate the more substantive posts.

Articalys

Aiura at least wins the award for "most amount of effort inexplicably put into the one-minute-long OP for a four-minute show".

Also, after all the Geass/Valvrave comparisons, is BOKU JANAI going to be the new JIBUN WO?

Jex

I have to say that Titan's OP gives the wrong idea, being all epic and uplifting. The manga's nothing like that! (at least, not until a little while ago)

Well, I suppose they'd rather go for that than have the boot of despair endlessly stomping onto humanities face, forever. Sometimes people have to be tricked into watching shows via marketing and lies.

Mr.Jeff

Banner of the Stars (Seikai no Senki)
Episodes 2 & 3
I'm just going to pretend I didn't see mention of this show slowly getting worse because right now I'm really really enjoying it.

I find it weird that people mention they think from Crest onwards, the series drops in quality. Personally I find Banner to be as good if not better than Crest in some ways even though you could argue a significant proportion of it was some samey looking space fights. I thought it did a great job of linking in Lafiel and Jinto into the larger scale events of the setting while still being able to focus on how it all effects them and the new cast.

Now Banner 2 on the other hand...

I didn't mention because I've never seen Rozen Maiden, but now that I know Miyukichi's in it I'll probably get to it eventually.
It's a....weird show. It's enjoyable enough but there are some aspects of doll ownership in it that just make you wonder why it's doing it. Miyukichi does feature heavily in it doing her posh accent so that might be able to persuade you.

Conan-san

Well, I suppose they'd rather go for that than have the boot of despair endlessly stomping onto humanities face, forever. Sometimes people have to be tricked into watching shows via marketing and lies.
I suppose depending on where you want to look, the lyrics could go for ether the protagonists or the Titans, really.

Articalys

Meanwhile, both seasons of Index and Railgun have, IMO, the worst and most skippable OP's ever.
I'm sorry, I must have misread your post. It sounded like you were bashing both Mami Kawada (and by extension, Tomoyuki Nakazawa and Maiko Iuchi as well) and fripSide at the same time.

duckroll

OP:
Best Song - Valvrave (Preserved Roses)
Best Direction - Attack on Titan
Best Animation - Attack on Titan
Best Representation of the Show - Gargantia/Yuyushiki (tie!)
Ear Damage and Eye Sore Award - Aku no Hana

ED:
Best Song - Vavlrave (Boku ja nai)
Best Direction - Attack on Titan
Best Animation - Gargantia
Ear Damage and Eye Sore Award - Aku no Hana

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet] 02

Omg this really is Waterworld plus robots, except less boring. Out of all the setting this season this is the ony that I'm most intrigued with, even if I can already predict some of the major beats. Hopefully I'm wrong!

P.S. I love how they handle the language issues here. It would be awesomer if they spoke in their native tongues all the time, but I'll take the compromise.
P.P.P.S SO MANY WAIFUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom