• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
31beff6f0a9f46775cf150d04e3ab82f1359400399_full.png

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 4

I thought everyone in Kyousuke's group were professional but they certainly didn't look the part when those three girls kicked their ass. Really happy to know they actually have their own personality's instead of the redundant emotionless girls with dangerous powers. Babel is a really interesting group and I don't mind if I see more of them later on.

Kyousuke fight scene with the red head was the definite highlight of the episode and so was when he battled all three of them over the ship. Andy revealing what his second power is in his fight with the director was disappointing, since I was hoping it would be something different than canceling out their powers again. Still he performed well in the fight but he once again is proving about how bad an agent he is when he got discovered sneaking around and his fighting style recognized by Minamoto.

You know this is a spinoff of something where Babel is the main group.

PsionBolt

Dokidoki Precure - 12

Jun is male. I should have expected this after the past couple episodes have been lily-tastic... But when Joe gave him a Lovies thingy (I still don't know how that's spelled...) in the preview, I wanted to believe.
But yeah, 'Universal Balance' and all that, can't win 'em all. There are definitely a few lines in this episode that will displease certain members of this forum.

Luckily the lame side character of the week doesn't stop Makoto and Mana from being perfect and the villains from being awesome. I liked that Bel was still injured from last week - they've been doing really well with continuity despite the episodic structure.

The battle scenes continue to be well done. The standout cut of animation in this one was just Mana emoting dramatically, but the scene as a whole worked great. They even made good use of the new stock footage from last episode, instead of just spamming it like Toei usually does.

New blonde girl appeared for literally two seconds. Totally warranted being in the preview though, right Toei! But it looks like she's in the next one for real. Hopefully she's interesting.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
New blonde girl appeared for literally two seconds. Totally warranted being in the preview though, right Toei! But it looks like she's in the next one for real. Hopefully she's interesting.

Son of a bitch. And I waited all week, too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Theonik

Fun to watch too.

If duckroll likes it then its good. duh.
I was simply pointing out the difference between an anime being fun or cause for fun meta-discussion. After all we love talking about some trash in here. (rightfully so, IT'S FUN)

Not that I'm implying that Gargantia is that though!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gargantia 3

I liked the episode overall. It had a long drawn out conflict. I still don't get why Amy was mad in the first place. She asked for help. What the hell does she think a gigantic ass robot is going to do? Anyway, Ledo is pretty fucking OP. "I wonder how you do in water" NOPE. Doesn't even give a chance to enter water. Pretty stupid imo. I guess Ledo might as well be Kira Yamato for all I care.

shingeki 3

meh... the art reminds me of kaiji at times.

hope it isn't just typical shounen powerup and there has some other stuff. Potato girl is great though!

1479909457_1360020194.png

Really not helping your loli complex Andy.

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 5

Another Yugiri outing but this time with Andy as her babysitter. Wish the Babel guys didn't butt in because I would have liked to have seen more of their time in the amusement park.

Seems like Kyousuke is supposdly going to die, pretty sad since he probably won't be able to celebrate with everyone on his birthday again (Whether he dies or not). The birthday cake with his face on it was a nice touch, and I liked Momiji's explanation about being a family.

If the girls interested you, you should look into starting Zettai Karen Children one day.

You know this is a spinoff of something where Babel is the main group.

Well, I knew the show was a spinoff based on the summary but I didn't know it was about the Babel until I started seeing pictures of the three girls. Don't really want to go through 50+ episodes, unless the show is worth watching.

K-ON! - 12

YueahUE.gif

Fantastic first season, at a loss of what to say really. Great characters, fun story, loved it all. Now onwards to season 2!

Before I do that though:

Ritsu > Mio > Mugi > Yui > Azunyan
I'm glad you liked it. I guess Ritsu is the perfect fit for you.
EDIT: OH SHIT I GOT A FEW MORE EPS TO GO!

Haha, I was about to say, you still got 2 episodes left of the first season. Season 2 also does something like this, so don't get fooled by it again!

Soma

Muromi-san Episode 03

Ehhhh the comedy still really isn't doing much for me. Kinda just falls flat a lot of the time. However it's still consistantly well animated, it's pretty charming in it's own weird way and the OP owns. And it's only fifteen minutes long so it's not like a huge time investment either. Comedy of the season this is not though, especially with Hataraku Maou-sama airing at the same time.

Pooya

I know what it's called. The question was off. I meant, What the hell is this show about?

first episode I watched: <spoilers>

dude is a pervert, but he's shy or can't say how he feels like, girl can't hide her emotions or something. there is this stone cat statue that if you wish on it it takes away/gives a trait. both go there, meet there, guy jumps on the girl. tasty pure stuff shitty talk happens. they wish. the girl turns into an expressionless thing, like a robot, the guy goes complete direct pervert says things to all the girls, everyone call him pervert. now they know they fucked up they want their personalities back, their personalities went to this transfer girl student...

tl;dr? it's h-doujin level dumb shit. maybe it can be considered comedy or something.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
first episode I watched: <spoilers>

dude is a pervert, but he's shy or can't say how he feels like, girl can't hide her emotions or something. there is this stone cat statue that if you wish on it it takes away/gives a trait. both go there, meet there, guy jumps on the girl. tasty pure stuff shitty talk happens. they wish. the girl turns into an expressionless thing, like a robot, the guy goes complete direct pervert says things to all the girls, open know pervert stuff. now they know they fucked they want their personalities back, their personalities went to this transfer girl...

tl;dr? it's h-doujin level dumb shit. maybe it can be considered comedy or something.

So... romcom without the rom or the com. Basically.

-Minsc-

Gargantia 3

I'm liking it. Speculation:
Ledo's people come in mass which queues Ledo to protect Earth's inhabitants from being brushed aside.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Henneko 2

Thankfully Zach was right, and watching so much Hidamari Sketch has helped me build up a resistance to HNNNNNNG, else I'd be dead right now after that ED. And also the
potato chip scene
. Looks like draaaaaaaaama next week. Hopefully there's still SOME comedy to be found. I really am enjoying this show way more than I feel like I should be, though. :lol

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 6

Ending: Worse than the first one.

Didn't expect to see it so soon, but at least now the fight between Andy and Hyoubu can go underway. Even better now that Andy doesn't have to hide behind his awful performance as an agent. I do appreciate him steeling his resolve about siding with his superiors instead of going through the entire episode wondering which side he should take. Don't really expect the army to keep their end of the bargain if they come on to the ship, but we'll see.

Taruranto

Suisei no Gargantia #3 - Make love to your rapist?

Man, this was stupid. First, you don't treat pirates, because they are fucking pirates. Second, the fanservice in this show is really obnoxious and out of place. Like if Amy's friends weren't enough, we also get the obligatory lesbian pirate with slaves.

The back-and-fort between Sugita-Ledo-Amy-not-Yoko is kinda getting tiresome at this point, hopefully the MC is going to learn the language soon so he can interact directly with the other characters and show more personality.

About the battle, how didn't Sugita's radar
pick up Lesbanc's submarines, duh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom