• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are men in K-ON world? I thought they were extinct or something.

EQ3wLjm.gif

Aren't there male freshmen in S2? And a male classmate eating with them when they go on the class trip?

...That's a girl...

Fortunately since I'm only watching Yuyushiki, I have no temptation to engage in list wars.

Speaking of Yuyushiki, I'm rather fond of its ED. I like its elegant collage style, and I'm a big fan of the way it's changing to reflect the events of each episode. Can anyone recall any other EDs/OPs which change every episode to reflect what happened in it? The Usagi Drop ED is the only one that comes to mind.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dokidoki 12:

Great, an episode devoted to some ultra-beta wiener that doubles as a MANA IS SO PERFECT AND AMAZING episode. turrible

Even with only two seconds of screen time, Regina is already the most otaku pander character in the entire franchise solely in terms of design and cadence. If seasons weren't already planned out months in advance I'd like to think that this is some kind of desperation tactic given that Dokidoki is (relatively) bombing in ratings.
Woah, this is news to me. Deservedly so. I'm on the verge of dropping the show.

duckroll

Fortunately since I'm only watching Yuyushiki, I have no temptation to engage in list wars.

Speaking of Yuyushiki, I'm rather fond of its ED. I like its elegant collage style, and I'm a big fan of the way it's changing to reflect the events of each episode. Can anyone recall any other EDs/OPs which change every episode to reflect what happened in it? The Usagi Drop ED is the only one that comes to mind.

Well, there are some shows with a unique ED in every episode, but I guess that's not really the same thing. I like the concept in the Yuyushiki ED too, because it fits the theme of the show. It's a way of "summarizing" the events of the episode, just like they do at the end of day's club activities.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sooooo... I know many girls that go to all girl schools. Just because they go to an all girl school doesn't justify the scenario.
A show that focuses on the club room activities in an all girls school is likely going to focus on an all girl cast. Most school based show focus on a group of friends and any other characters are usually from their class (so guess what, more girls). They hardly ever introduce characters from outside school unless they are relatives.

I mean you should be more concerned with YuruYuri that managed to have a whole conference hall only filled with women.

ifa8IoXXVoki2.gif

Sounds like you need to watch Nichibros if you want interaction between schools.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's a girl. Look at this, that's her sitting there in the front row with the longer skirt.

What the hell, ahahaha. Why did they give her a male voice in the lunch scene then?

EDIT: Also, the presence of male freshmen still validates my point. There are totally guys at their school.

EDIT2: Neeeeeeeeeeever mind. They're wearing skirts. Fuck. What the hell, KyoAni? WHY THE ANDROGYNY?

u5Yub5R.jpg

And here we go

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 8

Ending: Not as good as the 3rd, but still good.

Kind of an arupt end to the flashback, especially after Kyousuke's battle with the plane and his celebration with everyone. Guess they didn't want to waste another episode on his flashback which is quite a shame. Dolphin ESP was a lol moment for me and the point when they started talking just made me laugh.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What male freshman? Their school is named Sakuragaoka Girl's High School.

See the second edit. :lol

And to be fair, the subs I'm using have never named it anything more than Sakuragaoka High School. They've conveniently left out the "girls" part. Probably to make me look stupid.

Well, there are some shows with a unique ED in every episode, but I guess that's not really the same thing.

Right, I wasn't thinking about, say, character EDs like in Idolmaster. I suppose this concept works best in a slice-of-life kind of show, where you've got episodic, mundane events that can be easily identified with a particular symbol. I just appreciate the attention to detail on the part of the staff that it reveals.

I like the concept in the Yuyushiki ED too, because it fits the theme of the show. It's a way of "summarizing" the events of the episode, just like they do at the end of day's club activities.

Those summaries are great. It captures perfectly the way a conversation among friends can end up in the most random places.

EDIT2: Neeeeeeeeeeever mind. They're wearing skirts. Fuck. What the hell, KyoAni? WHY THE ANDROGYNY?

Androgyny is the best.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 32

Oh wow that mindfuck.
So the hot guy who saved them those few times was actually Coupe-sama? Damn. So just to get this straight, Coupe-sama just took the form of Grandma's dead husband, right? It's not actually him, right?

New power! Really powerful power too. They think it can
turn Yuri back into Moonlight.
Not sure about that, but hey, magic.

Attack on Titan 3

Haha great comedic episode. Getting Yu Kobayashi to do Sasha was the perfect casting choice. Now its time to watch everything go to shit.

Theonik

Heartcatch Precure 32

Oh wow that mindfuck.
So the hot guy who saved them those few times was actually Coupe-sama? Damn. So just to get this straight, Coupe-sama just took the form of Grandma's dead husband, right? It's not actually him, right?
Coupe took the form of her loved one.

You know what the situation in Gargantia reminds me of?

Superhero comics.

You have someone who is, relative to all the other characters in the story, effectively God. But God, for arbitrary "moral" reasons holds back or is held back because otherwise the writers wouldn't be able to do anything at all.

This is what's happening here.

Ledo is fucking Superman angsting it up in the Fortress of Solitude while the world collapses around him.

Gargantia has better waifus than Superman.

Gargantia 1-2

Not really a mech series more a series that has a mech in it. Really like what I've seen so far, very strong lead character along with a good supporting cast makes this world feel real.

Valvrave 1-2

Getting a Geass vibe from this for obvious reasons, hopefully we start getting some more explanations of what the heck is going on in this series soon.

Gargantia - 3

In regards to previous comments about this episode, I think the whole "don't kill them" business was done really well.

First off, the people on the Gargantia aren't hypocrites with the way they fight back. With what I saw in this episode, the technology the gargantia people have is just a little below the pirates. That or it's difference in skill level, I'm not sure. The point is, they have enough power to stand their ground for a limited period of time.

With the killing morale business, the Gargantia people don't want to kill, but they will fight to defend themselves, even though there might be some unwanted casualties.

What pissed them off about Ledo was the fact that he could have easily defeated the pirates without needless killing. There was also the fact that he did it with absolutley no emotion like taking a life was nothing.

It's about peace and equality. The Gargantians don't want to suppressed by the strong, but they also don't want to force power over the weak. Therefore Ledo must suppress his ultimate powers to an extent. This is the kind of human conflict that makes a good story with how the main character deals with controlling his power. How far exactly Ledo will deal with that is yet to be seen,
but in any case, I'm certainly up for more. Great episode.

Also, how can people complain about the show being dull when the description of the series clearly states it's about a space-marine-esque soldier discovering the meaning of peace? If anything people should be glad there's as little action as it is!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 32

Oh wow that mindfuck.
Coppé is just
impersonating grandma's husband
, yeah.

This is why I was OHOHOHOHOing all the way back there. Bet you didn't see it coming. :p

Attack on Titan Episode 3 – A Dim Light in the Darkness of Despair - Humanity Rises Again (1)
tumblr_mlme9bocTm1rkuc5no1_500.gif

Still am a bit baffled at how they treat Eren, as the lead character in this series, it doesnt really make sense that certain other characters is consistently given the preferential treatment, shouldnt it be the other way around. He even embodies the idea of having guts with no talent, perseverance, determination, and good spirit. So yeah
Though it did feel good when Eren did eventually get the hang of it on the third try there, but defective equipment, that seems a bit odd. Anyway hope for the best for him in the future

Connie is the best of the bunch introduced so far and easily my second favorite character after Eren, and he even got a good voice, Syo Kurusu (UtaPri). Jean as well. I cant wait to see the rest of the task finally get a mission and take out these foes, they are all at least compelling and can already feel attached to quite a few.

Vocal insert song was excellent, would like the ost.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I am liking Gargantia besides the dumb rationale and ugly CGI mechs, to be honest. Also it has teh best waifus this season. Can't wait for the doujin!
Suisei no Gargantia #3 - Make love to your rapist?

About the battle, how didn't Sugita's radar
pick up Lesbanc's submarines, duh?
I assume
he has never had to deal with submarine battling before.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Suisei no Gargantia #3 - Make love to your rapist?

Man, this was stupid. First, you don't treat pirates, because they are fucking pirates. Second, the fanservice in this show is really obnoxious and out of place. Like if Amy's friends weren't enough, we also get the obligatory lesbian pirate with slaves.

The back-and-fort between Sugita-Ledo-Amy-not-Yoko is kinda getting tiresome at this point, hopefully the MC is going to learn the language soon so he can interact directly with the other characters and show more personality.

About the battle, how didn't Sugita's radar
pick up Lesbanc's submarines, duh?

Well Ledo missed it because it has something to do with the fact that the radar doesnt pick up shit under water because there is no water battles in space.

And the other guys didnt see it coming cause theyre scrubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom