• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Crime Edge 3

the perfect combination of lewd, smutkuga and generic shounen shit.

this episode had a ton of loli fanservice. its hitting every single smut factor 3 episodes in.

good stuff.

Pooya

Photo Kano - 3

first episode of this I saw, kinda. oh uh, if they go a tiny bit further you can label this as ecchi. It's just set up after set up for lewd things to happen and all the girls are comfortably completely dumb for all of these things to happen, couldn't make it to the end, it's unwatchable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know what the situation in Gargantia reminds me of?

Superhero comics.

You have someone who is, relative to all the other characters in the story, effectively God. But God, for arbitrary "moral" reasons holds back or is held back because otherwise the writers wouldn't be able to do anything at all.

This is what's happening here.

Ledo is fucking Superman angsting it up in the Fortress of Solitude while the world collapses around him.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dokidoki 12:

Great, an episode devoted to some ultra-beta wiener that doubles as a MANA IS SO PERFECT AND AMAZING episode. turrible

Even with only two seconds of screen time, Regina is already the most otaku pander character in the entire franchise solely in terms of design and cadence. If seasons weren't already planned out months in advance I'd like to think that this is some kind of desperation tactic given that Dokidoki is (relatively) bombing in ratings.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
K-ON! - 13

m9MtQVw.png

I was about to lose my shit regarding that letter Ritsu had until
they revealed who wrote it. :p Team Mitsu lives!

Fisico

Hunter X Hunter 76

vlcsnap-2013-04-21-22dfs3e.png

Am I just imagining things or was that the voice of Tohru Furuya at 9:20 in the épisode ?
Would be kinda amusing when we know of Kite's voice.

fertygo

You know what the situation in Gargantia reminds me of?

Superhero comics.

You have someone who is, relative to all the other characters in the story, effectively God. But God, for arbitrary "moral" reasons holds back or is held back because otherwise the writers wouldn't be able to do anything at all.

This is what's happening here.

Ledo is fucking Superman angsting it up in the Fortress of Solitude while the world collapses around him.

Dat Man of Steel hype from butch...

Gargantia 1+2+3

Oh my. Wow what a pleasant surprise this show was. I am actually kinda blown away because I expected this to be some horrible CG mechfest littered with stereotypical characters. What I got was a show with impressive visuals, great characters that are memorable and aren't 1-dimensional, and an interesting plot. This has immediately become my favourite anime of the season.

I really liked how the language barrier was handled. This is one of those shows imo where even though its advertised for its mech action is actually most interesting when we see the characters interact. I would consider similar to Eva in that sense, because thats another series were I was more interested in the characters than the Angel fights (though they developed the characters in the process).

My only criticism would be the ridiculous pirate and her sex slaves and why the fuck do the girls have blush on their shoulders. It doesn't make them look cute, just makes them look like they're covered in vaseline.

Right now these are my rankings for the shows this season:

1. Gargantia
2. Mauo sama
3. Oreimo
4. Attack on Titan
5. Railgun

Phi Brain 13

That twist that wasn't really a twist since it was kinda given that it would happen anyway and it would have been a twist if it actually didn't happen!

Zettai-Karen-Children-THE-UNLIMITED-7-Hyoubu-Kyousuke-Meets-His-Sister.jpg

Good luck dealing with a sister that has an ojou personality!

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 7

Ending: Good. Much better than the last two.

Flashback!

Looks the the fight will have to wait a bit until at least Kyousuke's past is revealed. Not that I'm complaining since I love a good flashback when done right. Kid Kyousuke is just like all the other "villains" when they were young: innocent and easily swayed. His sister annoyed me at first, but any ill will towards her disappered when she didn't back off and kicked the cop. The rest of the guys I'm not sure of, but it is nice to see how well they get along with each other.

Show rankings?

1. Hataraku Maou-sama!
2. Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000%
3. Karneval
4. Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san Z
5. Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
6. Yahari ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
7. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
8. Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
9. Red Data Girl

I'm more amazed at the low amount of shows I'm watching this season.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
List wars:

Maou no Hana: On the Verdurous Titan

Dresden

Are you serious? Like do you realize what you're advocating?

You're calling for the mass genocide of a bunch of pirates. And then more pirates will come. And then more genocide. The cycle doesn't end until every single pirate is dead.

The show is completely realistic. They are human beings, not massive killing machines. They don't want a massive sized war because they know the consequences that come with that shit.

I'm not sure if you changed your mind later, or what the responses were, because I'm lazy and there's too much to read, but this is mostly right and unbelievers should go die. Not that it's completely realistic, but it's certainly justifiable.

People get oddly hung up on the "pacifist bullshit" without realizing that it's not an ideal they're advocating, but rather, you're seeing the effects of limited thinking; they can't deal, conceptually, with Ledo/Sugitabot and the kind of destructive capabilities they represent. And so the people of the fleet can only fall back on the historic examples of clashes with pirates and conclude that they're fucked.

We have examples of dealing with piracy in history. You know what was needed? An extraordinarily strong central government that could actually muster up the numbers needed to deal with the pirates. Rome and Pompey. Charles and Tunis. The Ottomans and the Hospitallers. Wreckage's fleet isn't some single-ship One Piece bullshit, it's an actual Barbarossa-esque force that Fairlock can't deal with, we've seen no allies for them, by all evidence they're a self-sufficient miniature city. Killing one leads to another and at some point you reach a point where you can longer deal with the kind of numbers they represent. We see it in play this very episode - after that small pirate force was stopped, the entire fleet turns up for revenge. It's enforcement, the kind that's designed to preclude the sort of response Ledo initiated earlier.

The statesmen aboard Fairlock's fleet can only think of past examples, then, of their dealings with the pirates and once they see the ramifications of what Ledo has done, they can't see the potential of what he could do, only the consequences left in the wake of that initial action.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

Theonik

Attack on Titan 03
Potato girl is the best.
It's pretty obvious blonde shit sabotaged the dude's belt because he wanted him out so he could smang that.
But more importantly did I say potatogirl is best?

Muromi

then all the rest.
Truth.

Technically :cuilan covers a few bases, but in this instance it means
futanari

[....] I think you've read the wrong books.
If you want i can redirect you toward a proper "litterature" for you to absorb so that you embrace the glory of yuri.

Pm if you want proper links.

Best tier:
Maou-sama
Gargantia
Henneko
Attack on Titan
Muromi-san

It's alright tier:
Date a Live
Devil Survivor 2
SNAFU
Yuyushiki

I'm only watching because they're sequels tier:
Oreimo
Railgun S
Azazel-san
Nyaruko (Dropped)

Why am I still watching this tier:
Photo Kano

cajunator

Banned
Oooooooooooooooooooooo

You know what you must do. It is your fate!

Hentai Ouji 2
I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't enjoying this show. Definitely fun to watch. Love how the characters act :3

... Also
SBI8G6t.gif

Oh god. Dont post gifs without warnings so we can prepare for it!

I'll lift the veil for you - it's quite often all passion. Usually the passion to draw cute girls.

I have this same passion. It is a wonderful thing. The problem, as always, is time to do it.

Muromi 3

Meh. That was really boring. Glad these episodes are short, I still enjoy the show because it looks great but these side characters are not interesting at all.

The show needs to focus on Muromi and not worry about shitty side characters.

Same here. I definitely wasn't prepared for how good it is.

I've been putting off watching the second episode of SNAFU. I want to give it at least one more episode but it just seems so boring.

Is this the ED that killed ZachDeKoromaru? Because I can see why.

Ohhhhhhh my. :O

Yes thats the ED. Its amazing. Not quite Sweets Parade though.
Sweets Parade is so dangerous youtube had to remove it.

Are you serious? Like do you realize what you're advocating?

You're calling for the mass genocide of a bunch of pirates. And then more pirates will come. And then more genocide. The cycle doesn't end until every single pirate is dead.

The show is completely realistic. They are human beings, not massive killing machines. They don't want a massive sized war because they know the consequences that come with that shit.

I think their reaction is pretty realistic too. Ultimately what is happening is unnatural and probably seen as unnecessary. While they are enemies, this would be like advocating the extinction of a people by dropping nukes on them until they are all gone. Its fucked up.

If the whole weight of a person landed on your like that you'd probably break your neck. Ouch.

I hate this sort of thing in anime, seriously. One of the main reasons harem stuff doesnt appeal as much to me anymore.

K-ON! - 12

YueahUE.gif

Fantastic first season, at a loss of what to say really. Great characters, fun story, loved it all. Now onwards to season 2!

Before I do that though:

Ritsu > Mio > Mugi > Yui > Azunyan

EDIT: OH SHIT I GOT A FEW MORE EPS TO GO!

Your ranking is pretty much correct!

Best ever of ever.

iD2hs0bl1sg92.gif

Wat? What the hell is this show?

:kayo~s

sy4ljSl.gif

I'm not the only one thinking BBQ right?

This sequence is technically impressive. cannot be easy to anime that kind of foreshortening and rotation so smoothly. Unless its just 3d models in which case CHEATING.

K-ON! - 13

I was about to lose my shit regarding that letter Ritsu had until
they revealed who wrote it. :p Team Mitsu lives!

Team Mitsu will NEVER die!
It takes a special kind of show for me to shell out over 700$ to acquire figures.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
1. Aku no Hana
2. Gargantia
3. Hentai Ouji
4. Railgun
5. Crime Edge

@dresden yeah this basically what I wanted to say.

People are equating it to pacifist bullshit like its Gundam. This isnt like Relena Peacecraft with the power of an intergalactic space military its a small community of people who can't even go toe to toe with one group of pirates.

lRCDy.jpg

Team Mitsu never dies.

I knew it. When I was watching this show with my sis, I was like wait why are all the characters female. I don't think theres even a single main male character. The most prominent male role in that shows was Ritsu's little bro iirc. I knew they were trying to tell us something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been seeing more gifs recently. Is this the season of gifs?
Which is weird because I don't think I've made one single gif this season.

OK I lie, I made that failure of a tumblr gif.

[....] I think you've read the wrong books.
If you want i can redirect you toward a proper "litterature" for you to absorb so that you embrace the glory of yuri.
The rather down panda has given me plenty of yuri already.

I was like wait why are all the characters female. I don't think theres even a single main male character...
It's an all girls school...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom