• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubern

I actually find this comment a little odd. The original Code Geass was filled with mecha doing acrobatic roller skating nonsense and in that regard Akito is simply following in it's footsteps. It's not like the movement of the mecha of Code Geass was ever grounded like in VOTOMs. Admittedly the CG in Akito allows for even more exaggerated movement but it's well in line with what came before.

For example, consider this video (timestamps at 0:20, 0:57 and 2;43) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8OodkBwmw

Not to mention that Akito is actually more like a return to form, after R2 battles ventured into Gundam territory... IMO

AAAAAAWWWWWWWW HERE WE GO
But wait! There's MORE!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...
ron-paul.gif

Episodes 1-4 are really really boring. 5 is when things start to build and it keeps escalating until the end.

You ain't lyin

Articalys

I know it was quoted a few times, but another straight-up repost couldn't hurt.

-----------------------------------------

THE SECOND ANIMEGAF SURVEY -- ANIMEGAF THREAD ACTIVITY
(quote to see link)

Let's give this one a couple more days than the last survey, so... until around Friday, I guess. I promise to be faster with the posting the results this time around too.

cajunator

Banned
So I'm nearly done with Hataraki Man, and I'm wondering, are there any more good slice of life anime about adults? Watching this and Otona Joshi made me realize I need to watch more anime like them.

I'm aware of Space Brothers, but I really have no strength to catch up on 40 episodes. I'd much rather read the manga at this point.

Its WAY worth it.

What is with School Days recently? What the hell?

The cycle begins anew.
Don't question the why's, enjoy the pandemonium.

This is so far a good season of anime imo so I am curious to see which characters are the favourite so far.

For me the top 3 are,

Female:

Male:

Male: who gives a shit. Maybe Maou.

Female:

1. Amy

2. Chiho

3. Kuroneko

runner up - Muromi

I don't think I'll continue School Days to be honest.
It's quite bad looking and I don't like the characters.

You aren't really getting the show. Those characters are designed to be loathed and there is a very good reason for it.

I dunno if you guys still want blindingly obvious license pickups to be posted here, like Crime Edge going to Sentai. It feels like a waste of time. Opinions?

Sentai wont stop until they own my life.
They just endeared themselves to me BIG TIME by releasing Place to Place.

Branduil

trust me, what happened last week proved to me why the truth keeps failing. Its cute to praise people who locked a whole city down when they couldn't find some dude. Its cute to kill a kid for religion. Its cute to have parents who lost there kids to be used to convince people to grab everybody elses rights. Its cute to call Japanese girls in anime Koreans after some dude who made some anti-American screed years ago over a war that was now proven to be based on a lie (and yes, my friends lost limbs etc) made a youtube video get Justin Beiber hits. Its cute to have baby boomer bastards in both west and east run roughshod over what makes a female a female and have most females say "oh its ok, I can change him". Its cute to aceept evil and forgive it.

That's why I rather deal with the darkness.

i9HmsNOdhrqml.jpg

Jex

Not to mention that Akito is actually more like a return to form, after R2 battles ventured into Gundam territory... IMO

I rarely find aerial battles with laser spam to be particularly interesting compared to ground combat.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I mean I know it's not going to be nearly as lewd but other than that is it worth it? I guess I'll have to look into it anyway cause why not?
I shall read your impressions later!
It still carries that sexy appeal, but it also lacks that visual strike GAINAX brought into the show. Maybe you'll like it if you are more familiar with other Go Nagai shows.

Theonik

It still carries that sexy appeal, but it also lacks that visual strike GAINAX brought into the show. Maybe you'll like it if you are more familiar with other Go Nagai shows.
I am familiar with other GoNagai works and was surprised how some of it actually came through on the remake. To be honest the reason why I watched Re Cutie Honey in the first place was the GAINAX visuals so I might check it out out of interest but am unsure on whether I will like it as much.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That sounds right about episodes 1 and 2 that I saw, though I don't really think it was as bad as the worst of PreCure. Hell, the :SDBurton alone made up for the bad! If anything this shows what PreCure would be like if Toei wasn't making it for 10 year olds. Will watch the third one later I think.

You're my bro!

So I'm nearly done with Hataraki Man, and I'm wondering, are there any more good slice of life anime about adults? Watching this and Otona Joshi made me realize I need to watch more anime like them.

I'm aware of Space Brothers, but I really have no strength to catch up on 40 episodes. I'd much rather read the manga at this point.

Nana. It is 47 episodes, but it's not ongoing.

Jex

I don't hate Sketch. Its just that Ume's works worked better in Magica.

The cute character designs work in Madoka because they're adorable but are brought to despair. They also work in Hidamari because it's cute characters doing cute things. They don't look much different from each other so I still can't understand how one works better than another.

cajunator

Banned
I don't hate Sketch. Its just that Ume's works worked better in Magica.

I dunno,. Her designs pretty much work everywhere they are used. I would even argue some shows would be improved with her adorable character style.
Well maybe not that one because its too dark.

Fellow Miyuki Sawashiro fans: were you aware that she voices Elizabeth in the Japanese dub of Bioshock Infinite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meBae8WM77c (a few early gameplay spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQr7QAJt0LA (untranslated interview with Sawashiro about the role, accompanied by gameplay footage)

(oh, and Booker is Keiji Fujiwara if anyone cares)

Great VA choice but Im not interested in this game at all.

Articalys

Something else cute: you may know that a Tamako Market character song album was released back in February, with songs for all six main girls (Tamako, Midori, Kanna, Shiori, Anko, and Choi). There was also a seventh song, with all the girls singing together, and for a bit of belated promotion of the CD, KyoAni went ahead and made a music video of sorts for that song, using clips from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XI2pfwghc
If I'm reading the video description right, it's only going to be posted for a limited time, so watch/download it while you can.

Fellow Miyuki Sawashiro fans: were you aware that she voices Elizabeth in the Japanese dub of Bioshock Infinite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meBae8WM77c (a few early gameplay spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQr7QAJt0LA (untranslated interview with Sawashiro about the role, accompanied by gameplay footage)

(oh, and Booker is Keiji Fujiwara if anyone cares)

Awesome voice ... love her voice ...i could listen to her voice all day.

Be right back booting my tales of xilla 2 game.. or should i boot soul calibur 5 ?

Brother's Conflict has good designs and cast, cant wait

Daisuke Hirakawa (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls' Yagyuu Muneakira)
Daisuke Namikawa (Shōta Kazehaya in Kimi ni Todoke, Waver Velvet in Fate/Zero).
Daisuke Ono (Black Butler's Sebastian Michaelis, Saizō Kirigakure from Brave 10)
Hiroshi Kamiya (Mephisto Pheles in Blue Exorcist, Takashi Natsume from Natsume Yūjin-chō San)
Junichi Suwabe (Fate/stay night's Archer, Fullmetal Alchemist's Greed)
Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Jonathan Joestar)
Ken Takeuchi (KissxSis' Keita Suminoe)
Kenichi Suzumura (Gintama's Okita Sougo)
Kenn (Space Brothers' Hibito Nanba)
Kousuke Toriumi (Hakuōki's Hajime Saitō)
Nobuhiko Okamoto (Bakuman's Eiji Niizuma)
Rina Satou (Raildex's Mikoto Misaka)
Tomoaki Maeno (Amagami SS' Jun'ichi Tachibana)
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Chihayafuru's Arata Wataya)
Yuuki Kaji (Star Driver's Takeo Takumi)

No Sugita or Mamoru brother is no sale.
Of course I'll probably still watch

The character designer for Red Garden and Kurenai is doing the character designs for Brother's Conflict. Poor Brain Base.

Brain Base is doing this one too? What would be the one thing that breaks my love for this studio.

Type Moon stuff would definitely be improved with Aoki Ume character designs.

I demand a Carnival Phantasm season with this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Something else cute: you may know that a Tamako Market character song album was released back in February, with songs for all six main girls (Tamako, Midori, Kanna, Shiori, Anko, and Choi). There was also a seventh song, with all the girls singing together, and for a bit of belated promotion of the CD, KyoAni went ahead and made a music video of sorts for that song, using clips from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XI2pfwghc

If I'm reading the video description right, it's only going to be posted for a limited time, so watch/download it while you can.

YAY~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom