• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
And that's Yuyushiki to add to the list of Sentai acquisitions.

Expected licenses still to come include Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride, Prince-sama S2, Oregairu/SNAFU, and maybe Gargantia.

They still haven't fixed the "home release this year" bit in their press release copytext to account for the newer series they're picking up.

well that endears me further to Sentais cause.
where are they getting the funds for all this?

sonicmj1

If anything that proves at least the execution/portrayal of the situation was iffy and the people complaining about it are not crazy.
TAKE THAT DUCKROLL!

The show was not very effective in conveying its message across.

While the show already drops hints, it might have helped if they'd been clear about how Gargantia would have dealt with the pirate attack if Ledo hadn't intervened. They were still in the middle of their decision-making when he took action.

Dresden

Well it is pretty much a fundamental argument about the morals of killing people.

I don't think that's it, though. In fact I wonder if that's why the debate about this has been so bitter, everywhere. Because, often, 'this show is dumb' is conflated with 'the hippies suck' when it's still presenting that same clash of ideologies as the first two episodes. Except in this case, we had surfing robots.

Dresden

The surfing robot was so dumb.

Everything about Lukkage was terrible, outside of the boobs and her two slave girls.

I have nothing against surfing robots, conceptually, but it made no sense here since it could just go underwater anyways. It was just to be COOOOOOOOOOL.

jgminto

Everything about Lukkage was terrible, outside of the boobs and her two slave girls.

I have nothing against surfing robots, conceptually, but it made no sense here since it could just go underwater anyways. It was just to be COOOOOOOOOOL.

Why would anyone think it's a good idea to have the main propulsion system not attached to the robot? What's she gonna do now she's lost her board?

Guru-Guru

Banned
So I pretty much took a 4 year hiatus from watching anime and have started watching some of the series in the Anime of the Year threads from 2011 and 2012. Despite having no animation budget, I loved Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It was ridiculous, the characters were incredibly likable, and the VA's did a great job with the dialogue.

Next up I tried to watch Fate Zero...I just finished the first season and was thoroughly disappointed. The animation was incredible (especially after watching this series after Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), but the series just felt so lifeless. The main problem I had was that I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. They all are so robotic and boring. I doubt I will bother watching the 2nd season.

Next up I am going to try Steins Gate!

Now you too can understand Peter Drucker.

WITH THE HELP OF ANIME GIRLS. They're aiming to get into the Nation Bras Band competition! Can Peter Drucker save them?!

BIfazHOCAAIg0Ea.jpg:large

wonzo

Banned
you know in your heart its true. I grew out of females kissing females as a titrating gesture a while back.
There's a hell of alot more going for HidaSketch than faux-yuri and you know it.

also in first episode kinda:
Chilling out on stairs is an Eva reference now? :/

I agree. It's not even as good as Python.
*thumbsup*

Yoshihiko Umakoshi is about a thousand times more of an accomplished character designer than that hack Ume Aoki who can only draw cutesy looking crap.

Discuss.
Ume never attached herself to the turd known as Saint Seiya Omega.

Now you too can understand Peter Drucker.

WITH THE HELP OF ANIME GIRLS. They're aiming to get into the Nation Bras Band competition! Can Peter Drucker save them?!
Moshidora did it first!

DBGT Super Android 17 saga

pfff, this is even worse than Baby saga, it feels so rushed and stupid. We already had Super 13 and he became stronger by absorbing chips, 17 gets stronger by the interference of someone from another dimension lmao

SS4 Goku still weak as fuck, what a pathetic show of power

Never thought Frieza and Cell would fight alongside each other, cool

... but no match against chibi Goku

Poor Krilin and 18 :(

faridmon

Is there anything that is funny this season? I am watching Hatarku Mauo-Sama, and whilst its fun and I am enjoying it, its not really that funny.

cajunator

Banned
So I pretty much took a 4 year hiatus from watching anime and have started watching some of the series in the Anime of the Year threads from 2011 and 2012. Despite having no animation budget, I loved Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It was ridiculous, the characters were incredibly likable, and the VA's did a great job with the dialogue.

Next up I tried to watch Fate Zero...I just finished the first season and was thoroughly disappointed. The animation was incredible (especially after watching this series after Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), but the series just felt so lifeless. The main problem I had was that I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. They all are so robotic and boring. I doubt I will bother watching the 2nd season.

Next up I am going to try Steins Gate!

you will like Steins;Gate.

Mature

I don't think Muromi is especially funny. It does look great and it's amusing from time to time which is more than enough for a 10 minute show.

duckroll

Yuyushiki is the only show I find remotely funny this season, and I have to admit it's still a bit hit or miss. This isn't a good season for comedy I guess...

Wait no. I take that back. Valvrave is funnier than all the comedy shows this season and last season combined. LOL.

Joe Molotov

Is there anything that is funny this season? I am watching Hatarku Mauo-Sama, and whilst its fun and I am enjoying it, its not really that funny.

Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties is probably the funniest show I've seen this season, but it's more "inoffensive" that straight LMAO funny.

jgminto

HMS! is the funniest show I've seen so far. Yuyushiki is okay but I prefer well paced and thought out jokes and character interaction over frantic randomness.

Soma

Muromi-san does a lot very well (animation, OP, etc.) but comedy isn't one of those.

(i also think the character designs are kinda ugly imo)

Flowers of Evil 3
tumblr_mlokzuMNTJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mlokzuMNTJ1qbxqfpo3_500.png

Everyone is so rude and vulgar in this, iCant. Worst yet, Nakamura's expressions makes it come across more intense than it really is and how characters even react to her as she stares there blank faced. Kasuga is finally becoming pretty good character after the
nekkid
library scene and then in the classroom
taking initiaive and standing up for the disadvantaged
. Terrible that students here are just really all atrocious making Nakamura and Kasuga truly the only sane ones. Easily the best episode of the anime so far.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 35

Great episode for...everyone, really. Erika panicking trying to wrap up preparations for the Fashion Show (she had some fantastic facial expressions in this episode), Tsubomi trying to find Yuri only to end up helping everybody else with their preparations instead of the Fashion Club's (though her favors led to some favors in return that proved helpful; Ban-kun is the best), and Potpourri ruining all of Itsuki's papers, but Itsuki doesn't get mad goes Potpourri was only trying to help. St. Itsuki, she should be called. Also Momoka was here, trying on clothes and looking great. And Yuri was great too. I like seeing Yuri smile. After seeing her so stone-faced throughout the whole series, it's good to see her becoming herself again.

Can't wait to see the Fashion Show. Should be funny and nice.

Welcome to GT, where getting power upgrades stopped being meaningful at all.

Is this made by the same director of Z? They completely missed the point of transformations. in DBZ they would fight, save the transformation to a newer form until the end, make the sayan gain decisive power and win the fight. SS4 Goku has not such power.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't think Muromi is especially funny. It does look great and it's amusing from time to time which is more than enough for a 10 minute show.

Basically. What it lacks in actually-funny humor it makes up for in visual energy and charisma; so at half-episode length it's still a really easy watch.

The surfing robot was so dumb.

hell naw; Surfing Lobster is probably the best new mecha name in the past several years. Its actual functionality is irrelevant.

survivor

Banned
Fellow Miyuki Sawashiro fans: were you aware that she voices Elizabeth in the Japanese dub of Bioshock Infinite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meBae8WM77c (a few early gameplay spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQr7QAJt0LA (untranslated interview with Sawashiro about the role, accompanied by gameplay footage)

(oh, and Booker is Keiji Fujiwara if anyone cares)
I have to import Bioshock Infinite.

Nana. It is 47 episodes, but it's not ongoing.
Yeah, this sounds perfect. I can't believe I forgot about Ai Yazawa's adaptations.

survivor

Banned
Its post-High School and the whole environment, and especially work environment is geared towards Mature storytelling. Yes, there is some Shojou elements to be had, but overall, I think it could be targeted at Jusei ideography without any problem.

Hmm, looks like I had a lot of wrong assumptions about the series before. I will check it out, although I'm leaning on reading the manga instead if I can stomach their character designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom