• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Blood-C 9

There's a lot of crap to reveal in the final three episodes. I'm interested to see how it'll end, but not anxious. The real trolling still hasn't seemed to kick in.

I, mostly, unironically love that show. What you've seen so far is pretty great, but it compares not to what is to come. You should just marathon the last 3 episodes so you can bask in the glory.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
K-ON!! - 01

TmBE1iB.png
i3OjbrK.png

Glad they addressed one of my concerns right in the first episode of the second season (
all the girls except Azunyan being third years and the fear of leaving her behind once they graduate
). I expect this issue to be resolved as I progress through the season, as I imagine both
Ui and Jun joining the club sooner or later
. Looking forward to what this season has in store for me. :D

Syrinx

I'm watching the show censored and I have no plans to stop. I really don't care for gore in horror and horror-esque shows/movies. Makes me...uneasy.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm watching the show censored and I have no plans to stop. I really don't care for gore in horror and horror-esque shows/movies. Makes me...uneasy.
Just power through the last three episodes already. That way you will have plenty of Heartcatch to recover with.

jgminto

Isn't the violence like the whole point of Blood-C? Only reason I'm interested in watching it. Why would you want to watch it uncensored?

Maybe I'm just twisted.

7Th

AnimeGAF confirmed for babies; you guys wouldn't have survived the glorious late 80's/early 90's and their gratutious gore.

What? Where? I mean we know they did some shit, but where did it imply exactly what kind of shit that was?

They talk about
kidnapping girls and dressing them with fetish uniforms...

jgminto

I can never take that kind of overblown violence seriously. It's always so ridiculous and over the top. Same with stuff like Mortal Kombat. I'm more disturbed by detailed descriptions of violence than violence itself. That's why Saya no Uta is so disturbing and effective because it's giving you all the details and letting your mind fill in the image.

Eh, too gross to be funny. There's a bit of detachment with the censor stuff.

Not gonna lie, some of the uncensored stuff in the final episode made me think "oh jeez, that's fucked up" more than "that's hilariously over the top". The
dude getting his head twisted off
almost made me cringe.

Kind of weird I feel that way when I find guro manga hilarious.

Dresden

manly violence: okay

unmanly violence: not okay

Not gonna lie, some of the uncensored stuff in the final episode made me think "oh jeez, that's fucked up" more than "that's hilariously over the top". The
dude getting his head twisted off
almost made me cringe.

Kind of weird I feel that way when I find guro manga hilarious.

It's a weird line. There's something about perceived intent and the way it's transmitted that makes some stuff totally okay and others not-okay for me.

Syrinx

I can never take that kind of overblown violence seriously. It's always so ridiculous and over the top. Same with stuff like Mortal Kombat. I'm more disturbed by detailed descriptions of violence than violence itself. That's why Saya no Uta is so disturbing and effective because it's giving you all the details and letting your mind fill in the image.

Eh...I guess. I really don't have any problem with violence in video games for some reason. I didn't bat an eyelash playing Bioshock Infinite for a recent example. Maybe it's because most of the guys I kill are just anonymous types without any sort of established character. But in stuff like this...nah. Would probably struggle. And I do realize that most of
Saya's classmates that get brutally murdered
are anonymous. I really don't get it. I'm just a wimp.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
AnimeGAF confirmed for babies; you guys wouldn't have survived the glorious late 80's/early 90's and their gratutious gore.

I made it through Apocalypse Zero; Blood-C uncensored was a veritable field of frolicking puppies in comparison.

Articalys

Man, Saber making it past the first round is by itself a tragedy. One of the worst anime characters of all time. Sooooo annoying.
Oh, unlike the normal Saimoe, it's not in any kind of elimination round yet, and won't be for a while. This is a protracted series of round-robin-style matchups, where all the newbies face each other once and all the veterans do the same, then the top 8 of each get sent into the final bracket.

Stupidly complicated.

Jarmel

Banned
I tend to avoid a lot of the bad stuff. I'll rephrase that. She's one of the worst characters in an otherwise pretty good show.

Saber is bland. There are characters I literally want to reach my hands into the screen just for the sole purpose of seeing the life drained from their eyes.

yami4ct

Saber is bland. There are characters I literally want to reach my hands into the screen just for the sole purpose of seeing the life drained from their eyes.

I don't really define her as bland. I define her as horrifically annoying and awful character who steals time away from more interesting characters who could be doing awesome stuff right now. I basically wanted to shut the show off when she was on screen.

K-ON!! - 01
Sdburton is now in the best part of k-on!!
iG4Ptcxp0jR5w.gif

Hope you'll enjoy it !

...well, it feels awfully awkward to post this in the middle of this discussion, but here's the day 4 results for ISML. No real matches of interest IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/2oZRQ7l.png

So much wrong in this poll

-5000+ people who don't know the glory of sky raker yet.
-Makise kurisu losing
-Hinagiku losing
-Oshino shinobu losing
-Ririchiyo lost too
-Holo lost

This is so wrong ...

Jarmel

Banned
I don't really define her as bland. I define her as horrifically annoying and awful character who steals time away from more interesting characters who could be doing awesome stuff right now. I basically wanted to shut the show off when she was on screen.

Well her character was pretty much there for suffering value. She repeatedly got shat on, both from a personality and power perspective. That said, even in FS/N, she was also the worst of the three heroines. Part of the problem with Saber in Zero is that she really couldn't be developed as all of her character development takes place in FS/N. So unlike a large portion of the cast in Zero, she's relatively static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom