• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Well many cultures have had theistic laws but that doesn't mean that it was something that people actually followed in their hearts. It seems more likely that it's a hold over from a previous culture.

I'm honestly surprised that the Waterworld-future isn't more brutal and unforgiving considering that you'd think there'd be a battle for the scarce resources that remain under the waves. Perhaps the only way to effectively make the best use of the resources people have available to them is through cooperation?

From what we've seen, I get the feeling it's people like Bellows who follows it more closely than the others. Other Gargantians haven't had a problem with suggesting they off Ledo or just firing on the pirates. Their objection to his actions certainly weren't associated with him killing as much as the consequences of that killing, anyways.

And yeah, it is a surprising that it's not more . . . grimdark. There's a feeling that the fleet has achieved self-sufficiency, so perhaps that explains the lack of, well, grimness. You'd think there would be more demagoguery and dictators and all that political stuff, but I guess it's just not that kind of a show.

Jintor

I just had a weird idea about a dating sim set in a new place where you've moved, far from all your family and friends, getting off the bus to your wonderful new life... in a prison.

Jarmel

Banned
Geimu is an anime?

Very DTLish one as well.

7king.jpg

Jex

And yeah, it is a surprising that it's not more . . . grimdark. There's a feeling that the fleet has achieved self-sufficiency, so perhaps that explains the lack of, well, grimness. You'd think there would be more demagoguery and dictators and all that political stuff, but I guess it's just not that kind of a show.

And just in case you didn't think that - boobie pirate queen.

K-ON!! - 01

Changed my avatar to the OTP of K-ON! Team Mitsu for life!
A most welcomed change!
K-ON!! - 01

Glad they addressed one of my concerns right in the first episode of the second season (
all the girls except Azunyan being third years and the fear of leaving her behind once they graduate
). I expect this issue to be resolved as I progress through the season, as I imagine both
Ui and Jun joining the club sooner or later
. Looking forward to what this season has in store for me. :D

That actually becomes a recurring theme throughout the whole season. You'll see it pop up a lot.

CorvoSol

Mary sues, harems, poor pacing, shipping, fanservice, yaoi (literally).

Yeah I'd say it's pretty anime.

I KNOW YOU AIN'T TALKIN' BOUT MAI WAIFU DANY.

Azumanga Daioh 13

Tomo can be such an unforgiveable dick sometimes, and its always hilarious. After egging Yomi by calling her idiot multiple times, the two fight till Chiyo has calmed them both. Then the camera pans to Tomo's mouth and you just know it's coming: "Idiot!" The whole episode was just full stop Tomo doing stupid Tomo things.

The best part is how Chiyo always indulges Tomo's impossible solutions. "I'll steal her smarts!" "Noooooo!"

Articalys

By the end of the season, we should gather up all the Shingeki OP parodies and have a vote to determine the best one. Judging on creativity, effort, how well the music fits the new footage (or the exact opposite), etc.

Dresden

breast scented rubber straps what

Toy'sworks offers the latest innovation in Senran Kagura gear this July: Nyū-Flavor Scented NiitenGomu! Senran Kagura mobile phone straps. According to the advertising, each of the 10 different rubber straps has a "faint breast scent." (The name is coined from a combination of the popular Niintengo character designs and gomu, the Japanese word for rubber.)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Attack on Titan 02:

I like how the most incredible sequence of increasingly-shitty things continues to happen to everyone and then Mikasa's just casually like
"oh, and 20% of mankind's population was exterminated after the starving refugees from the outer wall were haphazardly thrown into battle against Titans to alleviate mankind's resource constraints"
. I know that it's mentioned in such an offhand manner because it would bog down the narrative to go into further detail, but I can still totally imagine everyone's souls being so dead at this point that it would be discussed in the same manner as yesterday's weather. If mankind is already this hopelessly fucked two episodes in, I can't even imagine what's next.

Best (only?) existentialist horror in anime since the first two episodes of Jinrui.

CorvoSol

Betterman 5

I don't know what is scarier: bagman whispering die lovingly, or the guy under the bag repeating 26 and laughing his head off. Shouldn't watch this show so late at night. Anyway this episode was about a traitor in the group, and I won't spoil who it was. It also introduced two new characters whose names are hard to say, explained that blowtorch man from last ep was the Principal, and had Hinoki moping.

Usually there are two types of flight suits in mecha shows: Armor and Plug Suits. Armor can be crazy, like Cyborg Guy or Kouji Kabuto, or functional, like the suits from Gundam shows, or Cool like FMP's Mythril suits. Plug Suits are just some kind of sexy, EVA's being most well known, particularly Asuka's in Rebuild 2 with built in butt emphasis, but also the ones used by Amalgam in FMP, and the ones by Nergal in MSN. Betterman uses the Plug Suit, except it's just a one-piece with privacy bars on it.

Jubern

I'm just coming out of a showing of the Steins;Gate movie.

I obviously won't spoil it for those of you waiting for the home release, but I'll just say that while it was alright, it felt terribly unnecessary to me. At least we get see those characters one more time, I guess!

I'd upload a pic of that nice poster signed by the staff I saw at the theater but I'm on my iPhone and I have no effing clue how lel

Articalys

I'm just coming out of a showing of the Steins;Gate movie.

I obviously won't spoil it for those of you waiting for the home release, but I'll just say that while it was alright, it felt terribly unnecessary to me. At least we get see those characters one more time, I guess!

I'd upload a pic of that nice poster signed by the staff I saw at the theater but I'm on my iPhone and I have no effing clue how lel
While a bit of a shame, that's pretty much how I figured it would turn out. The original game was written to be a substantial self-contained story, after all; there's no way they could do too much with a brand-new story that needs to reach a complete end in only a couple hours or so.

Jubern

Didn't play the game, but that's how I saw the series too. Here, they created a brand new problem that wasn't really hinted at or anything and resolved it in a "uuuuuuh?" way. Fans of the main couple should like the movie, however.

wonzo

Banned
Azazel-san Z 3

azazelz3.jpg

Maybe the buildup will be worth the payoff next week much like the first two episodes but if that's the case then I really hope this doesn't turn into a pattern of binary mediocrity & excellence. :/

wonzo

Banned
Muromi 3

muromi3.jpg

Yep, this was still just as incredibly entertaining, witty and fantastically animated as usual. One thing I noticed which is pretty neat is the use of chromatic aberration for all the underwater scenes to help differentiate them from the land ones. Easily the best use of that since the Tamako Market ED.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My problem with the actual Attack on Titan OP is that most of it looks like every frame was passed through an Instagram filter. I know, brown means serious and hardcore, but it looks awful.

For as terrible as it was, I'd been fine if it ended at 11 or 12, wherever the first cour's payoff was. Everything on was salt in the wound.

Yep. I would've been fine with 12 or 13 episodes. The second half can die in a fire. There were a few redeemable episodes in the latter half. Maybe like two. But then it just got horrible. Fuck.

Milamber

Muromi 3

muromi3.jpg

Yep, this was still just as incredibly entertaining, witty and fantastically animated as usual. One thing I noticed which is pretty neat is the use of chromatic aberration for all the underwater scenes to help differentiate them from the land ones. Easily the best use of that since the Tamako Market ED.

That chromatic aberration had me reaching for my 3D glasses for a bit.

Also...

Ax8fY6M.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Except Takeuchi's character design's don't really mean much when ufotable did the show. I don't get how you're trying to argue for how Fate/Zero's ufotable faces are horrible when you're only looking at Takeuchi's by the looks of things. Either say Takeuchi's F/Z stuff is garbage or specify to a degree. Secondly, why are you talking about hair and still neglecting to expand about the faces. I don't get the moe smoothness you're talking about. Unless you meant head instead of face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom