• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Aikatsu! 27

i1Fna83nKmoXu.gif

Man, they had seven people on a single stage dancing and the SPECIAL APPEAL was just a bunch of CG symbol's floating to the sky. What the fuck is this shit???

Articalys

Genshiken Nidaime is confirmed as a Summer 2013 show. Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Joshiraku, Squid Girl) returns from the OVA to direct, and Michiko Yokote (Red Data Girl, Joshiraku, Squid Girl) is still in charge of series composition, while Junichiro Taniguchi (Azazel-san, Natsuyuki Rendezvous) is now the character designer, all under Production I.G.

Milamber

I really don't know how I feel about this. I didn't quite enjoy the manga continuation.

Plus all these new anime confirmations still are not confirming for Horizon S3!

Articalys

Weekly Sales Rankings for April 15-21 a.k.a. super boring week

All new releases bolded
Blu-ray
1, 10,527 10,527 Chuunibyou vol.5
2, *5,058 *5,058 Psycho-Pass vol.5
3, *2,987 *2,987 Tamako Market vol.2
4, *2,303 *2,303 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vol.2
5, *1,003 25,849 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.1
6, **,880 **,880 Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan"
7, **,856 29,678 Girls und Panzer vol.3

DVD
*1, *1,708 *,**8,091 Initial-D Fifth Stage vol.4
*2, *1,463 *,**1,463 Chuunibyou vol.5
*3, *1,353 *,**1,353 Psycho-Pass vol.5
*4, *1,190 *,*57,958 MS Gundam UC vol.6 - limited edition
*5, *1,102 *,**1,102 Kamisama Hajimemashita vol.5
*6, **,716 *,***,716 Initial D Fourth Stage Full Throttle Collection Box Vol.1
*7, **,704 *,***,704 Initial D Fourth Stage Full Throttle Collection Box Vol.2
*8, **,656 1,186,171 Tonari no Totoro
10, **,546 *,*41,837 Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
11, **,474 *,***,474 Tamako Market vol.2
14, **,424 *,***,424 Cardfight!! Vanguard: Asia Circuit hen vol.9
15, **,423 *,**6,225 Zip! Ohayou Ninjatai Gachaman Berg-Katze-hen
17, **,404 *,***,404 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vol.2
18, **,357 *,502,607 Kiki's Delivery Service
19, **,341 *,**1,528 Fuse Teppou Musume no Torimonochou

CD Single
*2, 24,545 24,545 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. OP "reunion"
*5, 15,693 15,693 Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. OP "Fantastic future"
*7, 12,616 12,616 Karneval OP "Henai no Rondo"
*9, *9,165 *9,165 Detective Conan Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea theme song "One More Time"
10, *8,277 56,997 AKB0048 Next Stage OP & ED "Kono Namida wo Kimi ni Sasagu"
17, *5,410 *5,410 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. OP "Yukitoki"
20, *4,356 *4,356 Yuyushiki OP & ED "Seeno!! / Affection"
21, *4,284 32,644 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% OP "Canon"
30, *2,803 20,032 The IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA M@STER "Onegai! Cinderella"
34, *1,881 *1,881 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince OP "Watashi wa Souzou-suru"
42, *1,667 *1,667 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince ED "Sayonara tteiu"
55, *1,206 21,407 Love Live! School Idol Project insert song "No brand girls / Start:Dash!!"s
62, *1,004 17,783 LiSA "best day, best way"
spoiler: in next week's sales numbers, 3.33 arrives and annihilates everything else

Theonik

YES, someone is watching Sora no Woto! We are more nakama than ever before.
Thanks was sort of stuck on what to watch next and this is what I came up with!

that series is so cute.
you will love Noel.
everybody loves Noel.
What is it with Noels and Makotos? best names.

LMFAO, this got me good. Gotta see how it got to that. It's almost as hilarious as Dark Cat.

...well, it feels awfully awkward to post this in the middle of this discussion, but here's the day 4 results for ISML. No real matches of interest IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/2oZRQ7l.png
So guys, what's your favourite waifu to get early 90s'd choose wisely!

Man, Saber making it past the first round is by itself a tragedy. One of the worst anime characters of all time. Sooooo annoying.
She is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi. It's not possible!

If this is justice then I'm a banana.
Sucy's hair sort of looks like a banana peel, discuss.

Thanks I've been looking for a GIF of this.

Novid

Banned

Crunchy only existed to screw over 4Kids. Period. The fact that a certain Senator got involved with his money, while being a part of a Committee that oversaw another branch of government concerning how 4Kids or any other entity dealt with how they air shows done on weekdays or Saturday Morning is tantamount to impeachment or at best recognition there is a conflict of interest.

But then again, I didn't expect the show to change things overnight. But at least I wasn't stealing anime and making money off of it.

And my point has been proven the other day in Boston. They now kowtow to teenagers who may have been apart of terror cells that have been hidden for years. Outside of those that tried to help others on the bombing and the homeowner who found that 19 year old bastard, I am disappointed that things were not handled better.

And as sex being a form of currency? Christ, half the posts here? How about what happened to the main anime threads over at penny-arcade? Certain Gamefaq's posters now say that people who don't like moe are now called "dirty Normals"? And its isn't just this genre. Do I have to mention that Dance Moms episode? Creepy Gaf (and reddit and all the fucking tumblrs?) concerning those now ended Nick live action shows? If Sandy Hook didn't show you that man's heart is sick, If the Boston terror event didn't show you this, if Stubanville didn't show you it - then I feel sorry for you wonzo point blank.

Crunchy only existed to screw over 4Kids. Period. The fact that a certain Senator got involved with his money, while being a part of a Committee that oversaw another branch of government concerning how 4Kids or any other entity dealt with how they air shows done on weekdays or Saturday Morning is tantamount to impeachment or at best recognition there is a conflict of interest.

But then again, I didn't expect the show to change things overnight. But at least I wasn't stealing anime and making money off of it.

And my point has been proven the other day in Boston. They now kowtow to teenagers who may have been apart of terror cells that have been hidden for years. Outside of those that tried to help others on the bombing and the homeowner who found that 19 year old bastard, I am disappointed that things were not handled better.

And as sex being a form of currency? Christ, half the posts here? How about what happened to the main anime threads over at penny-arcade? Certain Gamefaq's posters now say that people who don't like moe are now called "dirty Normals"? And its isn't just this genre. Do I have to mention that Dance Moms episode? Creepy Gaf (and reddit and all the fucking tumblrs?) concerning those now ended Nick live action shows? If Sandy Hook didn't show you that man's heart is sick, If the Boston terror event didn't show you this, if Stubanville didn't show you it - then I feel sorry for you wonzo point blank.

Dear God

The internet is causing mass insanity

Nothing makes sense anymore

Humanity is doomed

EDIT: OH GOD HE ADDED MORE AND ITS JUST RANDOM EVENTS THROWN TOGETHER

Jintor

Genshiken Nidaime is confirmed as a Summer 2013 show. Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Joshiraku, Squid Girl) returns from the OVA to direct, and Michiko Yokote (Red Data Girl, Joshiraku, Squid Girl) is still in charge of series composition, while Junichiro Taniguchi (Azazel-san, Natsuyuki Rendezvous) is now the character designer, all under Production I.G.

But will they catch up on all that manga content they missed first? Or are they gonna relegate it to OVAs? :<

Novid

Banned
Novid, please stop scaring people in here. Go ly dow plz.

Look, ok lets keep things point blank. I don't like Crunchy. I will never buy a subscription to there website, I hate there business model. I hate how they made there money, I don't like their ownership. I rather see them burn. Period.

Ah, Novid's posts in AnimeGAF is such great value for money. Such high concentrations of conspiracies, now I don't have to go the shops to buy tin foil.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Look, ok lets keep things point blank. I don't like Crunchy. I will never buy a subscription to there website, I hate there business model. I hate how they made there money, I don't like their ownership. I rather see them burn. Period.
But... they give me free anime. :(

Well I guess their player really is crap.

Quasar

What? do you hate the subscrition model? or the fact that theres a tier with ads? Do you also hate Hulu and Netflix?

It's pretty much the one legal outlet for many that has a range of anime at a reasonable price. Thats said, given Japanese disc prices I continue to be shocked that streaming rights are even offered to the likes of crunchyroll and funimation.

Of course I am also surprised Netflix is more or less a non entity in this space these days.

BluWacky

What? do you hate the subscrition model? or the fact that theres a tier with ads? Do you also hate Hulu and Netflix?

Crunchyroll used to be illegitimate - when they started, they made money off streaming bootlegs of official DVDs and fansubs. For whatever reason, I think Novid feels that Crunchyroll's success has destabilised Saturday morning children's programming - although given that the vast majority of Crunchyroll's output would never make it onto US television (and many of the more popular kids shows are streamed by Funimation or Viz) I'm not sure how much water that argument holds.

It's pretty much the one legal outlet for many that has a range of anime at a reasonable price. Thats said, given Japanese disc prices I continue to be shocked that streaming rights are even offered to the likes of crunchyroll and funimation.

I think it's a case of trying to monetise anime however possible. The majority of anime sells piddling amounts on disc, and although an anime may help to drive manga/novel sales or associated merchandise for some shows even that's not going to make a huge difference. If even Japanese consumers aren't particularly interested in buying From The New World on disc
:( :( :(
then selling something as intangible and cost-effective as streaming rights is a great way to earn a little bit of investment back.

Novid

Banned

Of course I am also surprised Netflix is more or less a non entity in this space these days.

Hulu is the best of a bad bunch. Despite Netflix's successes its isn't long for this world because of what they call in the Financial world "Margins" and the fact Comcast, Cox and the other cable/internet companies don't like Netflix using their lines like mad. Hulu however is backed by the studios (for now) and its waiting for somebody to buy it. Amazon isn't a player - their animation pilots were down right horrible.

Novid

Banned
I didn't even realise they had a PreCure stream (it's US and Canada only I think) but no, you can blame that on Toei being Toei :p

they had that - open since 4Kids wanted to get the first series. Now that Saban wants to remake Japanese females into Koreans... Crunchy can be revolutionaries again...

Funimation finally worked out their issues with their Attack on Titan simulcast. Paid subscribers get each episode Sunday 11am EDT, with each episode becoming available for free members as well the week afterwards at 1pm EDT.

Note that if you run the numbers, this means they're slightly faster than both the paid and free Crunchyroll streams as well -- four hours for people paying, two for everyone else a week later.

This also means that I can finally PM Brazil with the last updates to the simulcast schedule.

Thats good I can watch it before Gargantia on Sunday and then watch it again once Crunchyroll adds it, sometimes interesting comparing funi lines with crunchyroll lines.

Funi never liked Crunchy. Back At them, says the liers from Berkley. As for me, Any little victory against those bastards is a good one...

Why has funimation been hanging out with crunchyroll and at crunchyroll offices these past few days...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I didn't even realise they had a PreCure stream (it's US and Canada only I think) but no, you can blame that on Toei being Toei :p
I'm talking mainly about subtitles here, which should be their fault:
They are also often not synchronised, and when more than one character is speaking it's downright useless to try to figure out who's saying what. Audio quality isn't that much better, but that's the least of my concerns.

wonzo

Banned
Name names.

I'm pretty certain that Crunchyroll didn't start getting financial backing until they actually of transitioned to a legitimate business which does see the original producers said content actually reimbursed in some way, no matter how small that may seem (hint: it's better than a big fat zero).

Oh novid, I'm fully aware of the kinds of horrific things people are capable of given the right circumstances. I don't however, take those horrific acts and incredibly creepy internet posts made by basement dwelling 4chan rejects and use them to judg humanity as a whole like some internet misanthropic weenie.

I also don't take incredibly complex issues like oh... I don't know, failures of the US healthcare system in treating mental illness, failures of weak gun regulation, the radicalization of young people with deep connections to an oppressed Eastern European/Middle Eastern/North African state and/or seemingly persecuted/scapegoated/demonised Religion, or the disgusting "boys club" mentality present in sports culture and try to trivialise them by pointing my finger and blaming western companies involved in the legal distribution of fucking niche Japanese cartoons. The very notion of doing such a thing honestly sickens me.

I honestly don't know why you'd dumb down these issues and tying them together with the sheer horror that society is more open and comfortable with the fact that people, even teenagers going through puberty, engage and experiment with sexual acts. I don't know why you'd take these things and connect them together like the worlds dumbest conspiracy theorist connect-the-dots I've ever read. The only conclusion I can honestly come to is that you really need mental help of some kind as no sane human being would write such uncogent ramblings. So please, I beg of you, get help not for the sake of others but for yourself.

Wait, is this why the Pretty Cure stream they have looks so unprofessional?

From what I understand, Crunchyroll was initially set up to be a essentially the western equivalent of Niconico, in that people were free to upload stuff and was encouraged to upload Japanese stuff. As it turned out, most of the stuff uploaded was anime, and indeed Crunchyroll became popular for less-than-legal streams of anime. Instead of potentially running the legal gauntlet, Crunchyroll decided to wipe the site and get official licences in 2009. I have no idea why Novid is associating them with the downfall of Saturday morning kid's television, since that was in its death throes before Crunchyroll was even founded, never mind when they went legit in 2009.

Novid

Banned
Name names.

I also don't take incredibly complex issues like oh... I don't know, failures of the US healthcare system in treating mental illness, failures of weak gun regulation, the radicalization of young people with deep connections to an oppressed Eastern European/Middle Eastern/North African state and/or seemingly persecuted/scapegoated/demonised Religion, or the disgusting "boys club" mentality present in sports culture and try to trivialise them by pointing my finger and blaming western companies involved in the legal distribution of fucking niche Japanese cartoons. The very notion of doing such a thing honestly sickens me.

I honestly don't know why you'd dumb down these issues and tying them together with the sheer horror that society is more open and comfortable with the fact that people, even teenagers going through puberty, engage and experiment with sexual acts. I don't know why you'd take these things and connect them together like the worlds dumbest conspiracy theorist connect-the-dots I've ever read. The only conclusion I can honestly come to is that you really need mental help of some kind as no sane human being would write such uncogent ramblings. So please, I beg of you, get help not for the sake of others but for yourself.

One, I'm not trying to dumb down anything. I'm trying to say that these things are connected by the actions people take. if a society states that its built on having families and such in a certain manner that would be successful to continue said society, and doesn't follow on it - of course their will be perversion. I have stated it again, and will state this for the last time I am not a Conspiracy Theorist. I have my own opinions. But I keep them to myself. What I have stated before about Saban or Crunchyroll is based on fact not here say.

I don't care what people do with sexual acts as long its two consenting adults. what I care is its aspects are used to communicate sort of like what Brave new World mentioned. It isn't healthy IMO. Its almost like were turning into the Chryssalid from Xcom - fit to breed and then die instead of reaching to the highest human potential - which the only two things human beings are reach that potential in my opinion is both in animation and space flight/travel/exploration.

Milamber

One, I'm not trying to dumb down anything. I'm trying to say that these things are connected by the actions people take. if a society states that its built on having families and such in a certain manner that would be successful to continue said society, and doesn't follow on it - of course their will be perversion. I have stated it again, and will state this for the last time I am not a Conspiracy Theorist. I have my own opinions. But I keep them to myself. What I have stated before about Saban or Crunchyroll is based on fact not here say.

I don't care what people do with sexual acts as long its two consenting adults. what I care is its aspects are used to communicate sort of like what Brave new World mentioned. It isn't healthy IMO. Its almost like were turning into the Chryssalid from Xcom - fit to breed and then die instead of reaching to the highest human potential - which the only two things human beings are reach that potential in my opinion is both in animation and space flight/travel/exploration.

ilP4STLUUsa8z.gif

7Th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

duckroll

Okay Novid, we get, you're bored, insecure, and might need professional help. That's good and all. But before you leave, could you please at lease explain to the people why you felt the need to pretend to someone working on the new Thundercats show so much? Does that validate your life? Did it make you feel like you had something worthwhile to contribute to the world even if it was just a delusion? How did it feel when the showrunner actually called you out as a fraud? Did you cry? Did your knees buckle before they hit floor as your entirely existence collapsed around you? Why don't you post in the Thundercats thread anymore? I hear they miss you. Or at least they miss your stories. They were fun even if they were made up, because they were probably better than the show itself - which kinda sucks now.

Hurr? Hurr?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And when the last human is about to close their eyes for the last time they'll look back on what mankind had achieved and remember that man was able to reach the moon and Kill Me Baby got an animated series.

wonzo

Banned
if a society states that its built on having families and such in a certain manner that would be successful to continue said society, and doesn't follow on it - of course their will be perversion.
Hrm, can you please explain this some more as I can't make any sense of this.

What I have stated before about Saban or Crunchyroll is based on fact not here say.
Okay, then maybe you could actually articulate these facts in a semi-coherent manner for once.

holy fucking shit i dont even know where to begin with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom