• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hataraku Maou-sama! 05:

Hataraku05_2_zps99d8f414.jpg

ALL OF MY HNNNNNNGS!!! Team Chiho!

Heh, the Maou's already seen all this shit before so he doesn't need the villains to explain their reasoning in the slightest. Anyway the battle was awesome and the show continues to be awesome.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Now imagine that you're watching this on TV and after this episode the next episode you see aired is 47, which you haven't seen because it skipped from 46 to 60. Then it goes on to 48 and then eventually 59. Then nothing. There's no more to see.

DiC's original airing.
Latin America laughs at our northern neighbours. HA HA
...You ever feel like you wanna watch something, but there's really nothing in particular you feel like watching?
Finish Tutu.

Saprol

Valvrave 4

I love the dumbness. The protagonist hates Eru Eruf because he killed him. If you want people to believe you then you should start stripping. Eru Eruf prophecies can't predict dumb girls. You have to bite the skin directly to vampire. Never try to pilot someone else's Valvrave. Randomly firing a machine gun won't kill people.

And next week is a musical!? A FUCKING MUSICAL!?
Feels great to be liberated from the chains of logic.

...You ever feel like you wanna watch something, but there's really nothing in particular you feel like watching?
Instead of watching anime / playing video games myself, I end up reading about other people's anime impressions and watching TwitchTV streams.

Taruranto

Valvrave 4

I love the dumbness. The protagonist hates Eru Eruf because he killed him. If you want people to believe you then you should start stripping. Eru Eruf prophecies can't predict dumb girls. You have to bite the skin directly to vampire. Never try to pilot someone else's Valvrave. Randomly firing a machine gun won't kill people.

And next week is a musical!? A FUCKING MUSICAL!?

I hope we'll hear ERU-ERFRU sing.

Tenumi

Banned
So... I completed Eureka 7 tonight.

...I'd do some sort of impression/review, but I can't really type right now. All that really is needed to know, is that I thought it was an absolutely great series.

That's how I've been feeling since taking a break from Precure. Although I've found some stuff that i finished, I can't bring myself to the other two since I'm not in the mood for that type of anime.

Stop buying games man. I don't even think there are 20 PS3 games worth playing that came out in the past couple years.

I try to stop but then they announce FF Versus being continued, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (always wanted to play a true kingdom hearts game), FFX HD (never had a ps2), Xillia (will 2 come to US?, The Guided Fate Paradox, and even another Disgaea.

And Im hyped for Beyond Two Souls and The Last Of Us.

cajunator

Banned
Pro-tip: Those aren't tears of joy.

I want to hug her.

Toei quality animation, not one piece/precure horseshit:

i4twCoi8ERJ8M.gif

Astounding! Why couldnt this be real?

Is such a thing even possible?! ∑(゚Д゚)

What does that emoticon even mean?

The Vision of Escaflowne 12

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLED IT.
Beautiful Sephiroth TOTALLY knocked up King Barret's daughter Marlene, and Adorable Cid is his baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zaibach has 4 Demon Armies. Not just 1, not just 4 generals, but four damn armies of demons. Overkill much?

Should I pick up Gargantia? It has giant robots, doesn't it? And I've been hearing good things about it so far.

Yes. Watch Gargantia immediately. and then watch Kiddy Grade.

I'm Still Watching This For the Seiyuu Survivor 2 - 5

I still don't understand what's happening, there was a shower scene with Makochii with no fanservice, and Airi is adorable and has some perky boobs. This is going to be a long 7 weeks.

Airi is a total cutie. I have no idea what the show is about but I love her already.

Yes. all the time. Watch Arjuna!

I feel that way about games, 20+ new barely played (only installed) ps3.psv games and I feel as if theres no games to play.

That's usually a good time to try something quick and random IMO. One shot OVAs are usually a good choice like Cencoroll or Samurai X, or even a trippy Louis Vuitton commercial directed by Hosoda!

As for games you could try indie, mobile, or flash games. Sure they can lack depth but they're easy to get into and sometimes put ya in the mood for the meatier games in your backlog.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% - 05

Hey, hey, see the guy on the left? Perfect husbando.

I really liked the episode. We got Wakamoto impressions, our otome lead actually appearing and being a part of the story and perfect husbando being perfect.

Jintor

Man, getting sad about not going home to watch animuz instead of going out on the town drinking with friends

stupid brain rewiring

cajunator

Banned
Man, getting sad about not going home to watch animuz instead of going out on the town drinking with friends

stupid brain rewiring

I know that feel. Used to enjoy going out with friends and Ice skating and other random shit. Now I just stay inside and watch anime and movies and surf the internet (mostly Gaf).
To be fair, when Im off work I dont really have the energy or initiative to do anything strenuous or difficult.

Jarmel

Banned
ITADAKIMASU

It's a stupid scene but it's really not that good from a cathartic standpoint or a mindfuck standpoint either. It's the culmination of a retarded storyline but it does fit in context of the themes of the show and it is a good final shot from a cinematography standpoint.

Another problem is the show peaked at episode 9.

Hidasketch 9

aYyCGcz.jpg
H4CAZNb.jpg

This alarm clock was awesome.

Decent episode, nothing too noteworthy, just the girls about to follow their yuri dreams!

Also suck it Cajun, this episode 9 was nothing special! Take that, confirmation bias! :p

Soma

Hataraku Maou-sama Episode 05

Damn, shit went full battle-shounen this episode. And it managed to be one of the funnier episodes so far too.

Impressive!

Majestic Prince Episode 5 – Operation: Infiltrate a Planetoid Base
mjpr_by_tristtrist-d63w4m7.gif

Excellent episode all around, opening moments with the team dynamics being explored and an excellent bed scene made that fun and then just the high climax action going on. Wish it had a slightly bit more focus on intensity and explosions but well, considering the other non Valvrave mech this season is drastically lacking in that department, I was pleased with all that was featured here. Still MJPR continues to be a blast in both action, high speed intensity, explosions, and just the power of teamwork, trust, belief in one another, and perseverance, qualities that I love characters to embody. Izuru is great. Ah and Asagi must be commended for being an excellent sub captain too.

wonzo

Banned
It's a stupid scene but it's really not that good from a cathartic standpoint or a mindfuck standpoint either. It's the culmination of a retarded storyline but it does fit in context of the themes of the show and it is a good final shot from a cinematography standpoint.

Another problem is the show peaked at episode 9.
To be fair, few shows have a peak as high as episode 9.

Hidasketch 10
HcS3ouW.jpg
gsW6nRu.jpg

Just Sae rocking her manliness

Wow, an episode that took place during an event rather than right before! I don't think any school festival episode will match the standard Hyouka set but Hidasketch at least handles it in a way that ignores most of the tropes and feels different as a result. The majority of the episode was a sort of post-mortem of the festival so it maintained the peaceful SoL feel and almost felt like a season finale would with all this melancholy. A bit odd that art students can turn in stuff that look like sketches and definitely aren't inked in or colored but I can't imagine Yoshinoya is a strict teacher anyway. One of the better episodes so far, not quite episode 5 but a good runner up with episode 2 close behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom