• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karneval 05

gy07yVv.jpg

Hopefully we're done with CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and instead have the circus people be awesome with the action.

I mean, I guess it's great for Mr. Brooding to get some development but I would much rather see the colorful cast instead.

Oh and the shota? Still annoying.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder how big the market actually is for anime in the US.
Even though everyone is afraid to release actual sales numbers (it's like the NPDs in that the people who pay for the numbers never release them), I think people from Funimation have said that their top sellers are in the thousands.

I presume Crunchyroll/streaming must do better though.

duckroll

Even though everyone is afraid to release actual sales numbers (it's like the NPDs in that the people who pay for the numbers never release them), I think people from Funimation have said that their top sellers are in the thousands.

I presume Crunchyroll/streaming must do better though.

I don't think that was FUNi. Their top sellers are definitely not in the "thousands". We're talking about Eva, DBZ, and FMA here. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think that was FUNi. Their top sellers are definitely not in the "thousands". We're talking about Eva, DBZ, and FMA here. :p
Oh right. lol
I think it was in their non-"prestiege" titles like Princess Jellyfish and BakaTest and soforth. The shovelware of licensing (aka, the Sentai model).

Jex

[サムライ警官]

A tale of honor, bushida, and circumcision. Truly miraculous.

Quasar

Gave Natsuyuki Rendezvous a watch last night. Don't see too many straight romances like this, and not ones that involve despair inducing utter tragedy of the key variety.

Didn't mind it overall. Though I was quite annoyed at Atsushi for a good while during the whole keeping the body part.

I will say I didn't like the epilogue much. Not that what was shown was especially terrible, but the fact that there was no scenes between where the main story ended and the epilogue began. That annoyed me. I wanted some scenes of Ryousuke and Rokka as a couple.

wonzo

Banned
A Hotel Destroyed In "Girls Und Panzer" Draws More Guests

Sakanaya Honten is the hotel that was partially destroyed by the tanks in the anime and the management told the morning show that they get 1.5 times more guests as a result, according to the screen cap posted on Twitter. Now the hotel offers Girls Und Panzer package deals for the fans with a note that they welcome parties of one as well.

guphotelirl.png

guphotelirl2.png

life imitating gup

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Sakanaya Honten is the hotel that was partially destroyed by the tanks in the anime and the management told the morning show that they get 1.5 times more guests as a result, according to the screen cap posted on Twitter. Now the hotel offers Girls Und Panzer package deals for the fans with a note that they welcome parties of one as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/misc/guphotelirl.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/misc/guphotelirl2.png
life imitating gup

"Parties" of one. That's so perfect. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/misc/guphotelirl.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/misc/guphotelirl2.png
life imitating gup
Z2W0DTB.png

CorvoSol

Valvrave 4

Gargantia is better, but the Valvrave still has the coolest design so far, and I quite liked this episode. I absolutely LOATHE L-Elf and his bullshit prophecy (one of which was something he orchestrated himself, the other having long since happened and which anyone could have deduced, given that the class did, and he again, orchestrated. I hope he doesn't expect me to believe he's a prophet with such parlor tricks.) so seeing L-Elf taken down several hundred pegs by Shoko was worth my time. This cheerful little revolution may have gone off without a hitch, but I don't know how they're going to last without some kind of economy. Kids have a limited supply of food and no really established hierarchy.

Still worth it to see L-Elf lose.

CorvoSol

Eru Erufu is still the best part of the show, CorvoSol. It'd be dull without him.

I'm trying to decide if he's like Argath in Final Fantasy Tactics and you're meant to hate his guts, or if I just freaking hate his guts. I dunno. We're only 4 episodes in and experience has taught me never to pass judgment on characters before the fifteenth episode around you people, lest I have to sit through several pages of severe chastisement for my hastiness.

Bunch of Ents, you are.

Much as I don't like L-Elf, I concede he is necessary to the plot. Q-Vier is the true object of my utter hatred. If he just could be written out right now I'd be fine.

Jex

[Valvrave] - 4

It looks like there's still plenty more nonsense they can concoct to keep this story going. I must admit, I wasn't prepared for the
all singing preview

Valvrave 4

Hmmm, I have proof for this thing, but I can't show it because someone told me not to. What can I do? Oh I know, I'll get naked! Then they'll have to believe me.

Steroyd

Hataraki Mao - 05

Great episode, I can't remember a show mixing action with comedy this well and consistently since Gintama.

lolz Lucifer shitting his pants.

Valvrave - 04

This episode isn't as stupid as prev-- oh wait, wait there it is, yes it is.

Gotta strip naked to get people to believe you.

lmfao at the next ep preview, a musical? Dis gunna b gud!

jgminto

ERU ERUFU (spoilers for the first two episodes, I guess)

Don't the rest of his little group have stupid names too though? Or is his the only one that just sounds funny?

Man, it's never not funny.

And the other names are A-drei, H-neun, X-eins and Q-vier. I don't want to try and pronounce them.

I'm trying to decide if he's like Argath in Final Fantasy Tactics and you're meant to hate his guts, or if I just freaking hate his guts. I dunno. We're only 4 episodes in and experience has taught me never to pass judgment on characters before the fifteenth episode around you people, lest I have to sit through several pages of severe chastisement for my hastiness.

Bunch of Ents, you are.

Much as I don't like L-Elf, I concede he is necessary to the plot. Q-Vier is the true object of my utter hatred. If he just could be written out right now I'd be fine.

I think you're the only person who hates him. I love Eru Erufurhu!

Averon

Valvrave 4

WTF @ the random stripping.
I have no proof ARUS is lying (actually I do, but I can't show it because...crying girl!!), so I'll strip in front of my classmates because....???

This truly is the spiritual successor to Code Geass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom