• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia ep 5 preview images

vIejv5I.jpg

Finally hes out of his standard uniform, awesome.

Metrotab

Banned
Majestic Prince - 4

I'm finding it increasingly hard to get involved with the story. It's just so bland. It's a good word to describe the anime so far too: bland. Not very inspired. I wish this was more FMP than Gundam.

The character cast is its saving grace for now. Even genki girl is likable when they tone her down.

MarkusRJR

Holy shit why am I only now finding out that Crunchyroll is streaming Gurren Lagann? I'm going to stream the fuck out of this. Time for my fifth rematch. Probably my favorite anime ever.

Narag

Holy shit why am I only now finding out that Crunchyroll is streaming Gurren Lagann? I'm going to stream the fuck out of this. Time for my fifth rematch. Probably my favorite anime ever.

To be fair, we only found out last night, I think. Think it's 3 eps a week for subscribers, 2 for non. 480p too. notsureifwant.jpg

Metrotab

Banned
The Devil works at McDonalds - 3

Chiho-chan is so cute. I guess this is gonna establishe a love triangle soon.

Holy hell at
built Maou. He looks like he came out of Hokuto no Ken.

This show is doing a good job being funny so far.

To be fair, we only found out last night, I think. Think it's 3 eps a week for subscribers, 2 for non. 480p too. notsureifwant.jpg

Noooo, unbelievable that its only 480p and sub only. I was hoping to finally see it in a high definition resolution, since I only saw it via netflix low-d :( and no way am I watching a sub of it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Thanks everyone.

Very happy that Valvrave is 2 cour. The split is also much needed.

12 weeks of insanity > 12 weeks of recovery/therapy > The final stretch.

Metrotab

Banned
The Devil works at Mcdonalds - 4

The backstory does bring up an interesting question.
Why DID Satan relentlessly attack humans back in the fantasy world, seeing how he's generally a nice and calm guy in Japan? And who is the Landlady?

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter 24
rinnedolphine_by_tristtrist-d641vrq.gif

So many different plot things going on wow. I guess there are big things to come in the next 25 or so episodes. I just want the Eraser-01 Satou plot to hurry and get going and resolved, he'd do far better alongside Kakeru and Shuunsuke than with Touma and Goat. Taku story was nice and he's a great brother.

Dolphine's Final Burst...after everyone else epic Everest/Great Pyramids/Thunderclap Ascension, her's was kind of dull :(

The Devil is a Part Timer 5

Lucifer must stick around, great voice, excellent addition.
Move in with Maou and Alciel please
. Best scene for me was the Maou and Alciel midfight scene about the allowance and movies, such hilarious things just from their situation, monetary allowances, and entertainment.

Excellent episode.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It was for the greater good.

That censorship is pretty bad though. I snickered.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

I was watching Maou-sama 05 again and one thing that I spotted, either the cars in this bit are the most amazingly seemless CG ever, or they're hand-drawn. I'm leaning toward the latter, which is AWESOME! :D

I'll just link it in case people consider it a spoiler. I don't, but I'll play it safe. :)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee499/RurouniZel/notcgcarsgif_zpsbd634cf4.gif

Valvrave 1-4

Because of that screen cap yesterday I decided to give this show a shot, this has to be the most infuriating dialog I've seen in a long time. My head is still full of WTF but I'll probably continue watching just to see how batshit insane things get, loved the mecha in this show though

Defuser

Valvrave 1-4

Because of that screen cap yesterday I decided to give this show a shot, this has to be the most infuriating dialog I've seen in a long time. My head is still full of WTF but I'll probably continue watching just to see how batshit insane things get, loved the mecha in this show though
But but MOSES!

Metrotab

Banned
The Devil works at McDonalds - 5

I was scared that the show would lose its funny edge when dealing with the serious lore, but I'm happily surprised to see it doesn't. The banter during the fight was great.

Hidasketch specials 1-2

jxyFFal.jpg
p7US98j.jpg

That might not be Brutus but I'm sort of sad that he kept cropping up without some sort of betrayal between close friends happening, sort of goes from symbol to running gag without that. I just thought the second shot looked cool.

Ah, it's good to start the morning with some pleasant Hidasketch. It's too bad that these specials are about such cliche things, a fan service summer pool episode and a mysterious love letter one, because their omission were part of what I liked about the show proper. I guess OVAs by nature are for the fans and this is what they thought the fans wanted but I just wish it was done in a way more detached from the tropes like the school festival episode was. Still these were good excuses to bring more of the girls enjoyable antics, hopefully next season the characters will develop more so it doesn't start to feel like a sitcom. Maybe Hiro will learn to be a little less self conscious or Sae will learn to be less bashful just something to be less static.

Lain

Valvrave 4

The stupidity is so strong in this one. Shoko
stripping
to get people to believe her hit a new low and the
independence
stuff is laughable but hey, at least this stupidity is somewhat fun.
If only it didn't look like total ass at times
pzo.jpg

Why that one dude has 4 eyebrows?

qzo.jpg

Clones, badly looking clones everywhere

Valvrave the Liberator 3

L-Elf is an amazing character, straight out of a cheesy 80s action movie. That combined with the insanity of 21st century social networks made this quite enjoyable.

I rather like the way the eyes in this show are colored.

cajunator

Banned
What's the easiest way to get on the IRC with an idevice?

AndChat works really well. Thats on Android though. I dont know if Itunes store has it.

Here is the scene we were talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-mNIeROnl8

What is it about characters and scarves around their neck? Its soooooo fucking cute. HNNNNGH forever.

Cardcaptor Sakura 04

This was a bit of a step down compared to episode 03. Still good though.
Does Sakura's brother have to work everywhere that dude is taking her and since he probably knows why is he doing it? My DTL sense is tingling.

Your :DTL senses will be on full alert soon.

Am I the only one who think Amy's friends look terrible? They just scream "annoying".

Ledo looks pretty sweet in that hawaiian shirt.

Amy is Best Girl. They made her friends weird so that there is no question about it.

#TeamAmy vindicated.

Also god damn Ledo is so hot. Ledo hot even.

Team Amy for life.

She is just a messy eater.

If they make a Kuroneko in that dress, I will have to buy a third figurine of her. Or even a fourth.

Gundam Seed HD Remaster 37 (bd)

As your name suggests, break through to freedom Gundam!. A bit heavy on the flashback clips and three Strike Daggers(?) are pretty atrocious in terms of design, though at the last the pilots look nice.
Kira Athrun scene was the best scene yet and so good, smiling, making up, sharing ideals, and working side by side, Gundam Seed got really good
. Dearka must stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom