• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hataraku Maou-sama! - 04

LtFideh.png
j5xoege.png

Her... first? :D

Ahhhh.. nothing quenches my thirst like
Chiho's
tears.

Idolmaster 12

So we have a miki focused episode , yet they managed to cram some chihaya chara-develloppement as well.

The episode itself was alright but damn if the animation didn't take a nose dive.
There was plenty of shots where the animation felt off in some points. But i'll forgive them IF they bring their best for the next episode.

They're a variable. In this universe they're Precure but in another they could be Gangnam Girls.

You're implying that those guys are from another dimmension , lol ?

That would explain plenty of things actually.

You're implying that those guys are from another dimmension , lol ?

That would explain plenty of things actually.

In another dimension, Saban rules the ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ world with an iron fist, and Novid's underwater city is the only sanctuary.

I know some of you visit sankakucomplex. Do not deny it :p

I totally forgot all about that site and on a lark just took a look. Yup, still tits everywhere and headlines about the supposed depravity of japan. What I never noticed before was that their site is done old fashion blog style with numbered pages all the way to their first post which lead to two things. First was the hilarious fact that they've been doing this shit for five years and 913 pages, second was that their first article was a semi-interesting blurb about the fluidity of media in Japan in comparison to the west. Now I'm actually sad that there isn't a quality site that follows that mission statement of covering those areas of Asian media.

Here's the surprisingly safe for work article if you're as morbidly curious as I was.

Valvrave the Liberator 2

OK, that was more like it.
Haruto's antics in L-Elf's body
were quite entertaining. I have to wonder: did they choose "L-Elf" as the guy's name deliberately to make it hilariously difficult for Japanese to pronounce?

The OP and ED are pretty good for what they are, by the way.

Suite Precure 11

So I guess this is were Suite goes to shit if I understand correcty? That was pretty fast.

Siren is no longer the leader according to Mesphisto, and BassDrum is the new leader. Suddenly a mysterious Cure appears to help them out, but who is it? Pretty obvious who it is.

Well, it's a shame she shows up much earlier than I expected, now I don't know what to expect.

Also Ako is an ass.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 32

Drinking game: Every time someone say's "Let's Do It!" take a shot. Also, not getting the whole "Char is an ephebophile" thing at all, 'cuz he had some serious chem with Ensign Rekkua in this episode. Except that apparently Rekkua is hung up on Sriracha and Char is still hung up on Lalah. SHE AIN'T OUT THERE BRO SHE
DEAD

Pleasedon'tletKamileandFabetogetherpleaseohpleaseohpleasedon'tletKamileandFabetogether.

Azumanga Daioh 22

I had a humorous gif of this episode that I made in gifcam and I was going to be all proud of it, but imgur is clearly a shit site because it just would not upload. I went to other websites and tried other methods and none of it fucking worked. I'll never be a gif-poster, ever.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY this was the last summer episode and I've decided that while Sakaki's best summer swimsuit is from the first summer and the funniest beachhouse episode is still the second summer, the last summer still gives us Knife Osaka, which is worth our time.

wonzo

Banned
shithayafuru s2 17

chihayas217.jpg

*player gets a card with lightning fast precision*
"It's possible to move and stop so quickly?!?!???"

well obviously it fucking is as it just showed us them doing that so maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop saying what we just saw so this show can actually have a chance at not being a shitty josei sports series consisting of the worst trappings of shounen wrapped together in one big pile of glacially moving shit floating in a sea of wasted potential

fucking hell i wish they'd just do a series about that band camp as that was the last time this show was actually good

Thoraxes

Azumanga Daioh 22

I had a humorous gif of this episode that I made in gifcam and I was going to be all proud of it, but imgur is clearly a shit site because it just would not upload. I went to other websites and tried other methods and none of it fucking worked. I'll never be a gif-poster, ever.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY this was the last summer episode and I've decided that while Sakaki's best summer swimsuit is from the first summer and the funniest beachhouse episode is still the second summer, the last summer still gives us Knife Osaka, which is worth our time.

imgur only lets you have up to 2MB per gif, so you have to be efficient if you use them with your gif making if you use them. Idk what you can do in gifcam to fix that cause I do it the normal way.

CorvoSol

Noted for future use.

Betterman 14

Totally called that the bird was Betterwoman. That's weird and I just KNOW that some fanfic writers had a field day with that. Then again, I feel like Betterman as a whole is a pretty obscure anime. In any case it looks like the party can FINALLY leave this place after its battle with the KING BEHEMOTH. Now Hinoki has to go on a date with Keita, and she looks understandably disgusted by this idea.

Quasar

shithayafuru s2 17

well obviously it fucking is as it just showed us them doing that so maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop saying what we just saw so this show can actually have a chance at not being a shitty josei sports series consisting of the worst trappings of shounen wrapped together in one big pile of glacially moving shit floating in a sea of wasted potential

fucking hell i wish they'd just do a series about that band camp as that was the last time this show was actually good

If you don't like Karuta you probably shouldn't be watching. This continues to be my show of the year.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The trappings become obvious once the novelty of the sport wears off. Plus the first season had a better balance of love triangle shenanigans and karuta.

wonzo

Banned
If you don't like Karuta you probably shouldn't be watching. This continues to be my show of the year.
I don't mind the Karuta when it's well directed like it was earlier in the season, this is just meandering shit needlessly spread over several episodes.

I dunno what people expected from Chihayafuru if you've already seen the 1st series.
I expected something that'd be able to keep the level of quality fairly consistent like it dd for the first couple of episodes but I guess it's just repeating where the first series went at this point (down the drain). :/

CorvoSol

The Vision of Escaflowne 13

You know, for a show that's supposedly targeted at girls, there is an AWFUL lot of manly men making heroic sacrifices for noble causes going on here. And I'm not talking manly like Gaddes who looks like a handsome dude, I'm talking full on beards and muscles that are as wide as Van Phenel is. Atlantis aside, this show is shaping up quite nicely and I'm really digging it.

Merl's prayer was humorous, yet sincere, too: "God, you are God, right?" LOL.

Also the Duke was a right awesome fellow, didn't care that he was raising somebody else's son and all that.

Instro

I don't mind the Karuta when it's well directed like it was earlier in the season, this is just meandering shit needlessly spread over several episodes.

I expected something that'd be able to keep the level of quality fairly consistent like it dd for the first couple of episodes but I guess it's just repeating where the first series went at this point (down the drain). :/

DokiDoki Precure has Karuta next week. Maybe you should watch that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom