• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
shithayafuru s2 17

chihayas217.jpg

*player gets a card with lightning fast precision*
"It's possible to move and stop so quickly?!?!???"

well obviously it fucking is as it just showed us them doing that so maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop saying what we just saw so this show can actually have a chance at not being a shitty josei sports series consisting of the worst trappings of shounen wrapped together in one big pile of glacially moving shit floating in a sea of wasted potential

fucking hell i wish they'd just do a series about that band camp as that was the last time this show was actually good
If this show was about the band, it'd spend 5 episodes on the characters monologing about how they should breathe while playing their instruments before they actually played a song.

What's the easiest way to get on the IRC with an idevice?
If you don't mind paying, Lime Chat. Otherwise, you can use mibbit, the web client.

How has that been going, by the by?
It's pretty terrible.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV

Meh.
Cars freezing in space like that is kinda bullshit. Cooling would only be evaporative or radiative in vacuum, and he's being bombarded with unfiltered solar radiation.

Instro

How has that been going, by the by?

The baby is annoying but its up and down as you might expect. I generally think the monster designs and personalities are the best the series has seen in ages. The most recent episode was centered around an ojousama competition complete with a Misaki/Otowa stand in and an Ace No Nerae ending. Thought it was really fun.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure TV

Meh.
Cars freezing in space like that is kinda bullshit. Cooling would only be evaporative or radiative in vacuum, and he's being bombarded with unfiltered solar radiation.
Yes. The only scientific infeasibility in the series.

I was going to retire early for tonight, but I had a bagel and coffee so I pumped out another episode.

Suite Precure! 12

We're 1/4 of the way through, and yet apparently they are only aware of 3/4ths beat. These are some shitty musicians.

Speaking of which, the Fairy Tones talked crap about Hummy for being a terrible leader. Hibiki and Kanade haven't been fighting, so I guess they're on the path of true love, provided her love for that Ouji goes unrequited. Everyone is trying to figure out who Cure Muse is, each of them having different answers.
With the meaning behind Muse being the goddess of music, I'm starting to have doubts that it's actually Siren. Then again, we still don't know where she is. This could make me think back to another character.

Interestingly enough, now that I think about it, the two people that Kanade and Hibiki suspected has unrealistic hair color, and at this point, means that they're probably a Cure... except Hibiki and Kanade is closer to natural hair color (until they transform).

And they realized that their Miracle Birther can split into two. New power up get! At the same time too! Thanks Cure Muse.

CorvoSol

Code Geass 10

You know, even if I hated this show, its music is absolutely great. That said, I was kinda impressed by Lelouch's usage of landslides/lahars to get what he wanted out of this fight. Collin's Gurren ain't no Gurren Lagann, but I liked the extendo-arm.

Oh and the little racist girl has a lesbian crush on Princess Euphemia. I'd call it sweet but I hate little racist girl's guts, so basically I'm hoping she's eviscerated in an episode or two.

And is it just me, or is the girl from Valvrave with the blonde hair like, a carbon copy of Milly or what?

wonzo

Banned
Akibaranger S2 4

akibarangers24.jpg

Yomecolle's will be owned and power-up's will be waifu'd. This show's definitely much more enjoyable when it's delivering the wahjah in spades like it did with the fake anime & ED.

DokiDoki Precure has Karuta next week. Maybe you should watch that instead.
If there's one show that'll be able to one-up chihayfuru in shityness it's deff. gotta be this one.

If this show was about the band, it'd spend 5 episodes on the characters monologing about how they should breathe while playing their instruments before they actually played a song.
*insert reflection on how a characters fingers moved for 5 minutes here*

firehawk12

Subete no aware

CorvoSol

FMP?F!! 9

The Hotsprings Episode. Not as good as Gurren Lagann's Hotspring's episode, but still pretty damn zany. Especially good that Mao and Kurz are in this episode, 'cuz I mean, c'mon, who doesn't love Mao and Kurz? The best part of the entire episode is still that Shinji goes SEED mode when trying to reach the other bath.

wonzo

Banned
Wait...
is that "girl" a part of his suit?
Yeah, the power-up sequence even came with a 2D-on-2D kiss followed by a 2D-on-3D smooch.
Shit was amazing yo.

And have several characters say the exact same thing!
"His fingers moved so elegantly! Is such a thing even possible?"
"Such elegant finger movements are fairly predictable from such a kind soul. I could tell thanks to his haircut and the left sleeve being rolled up slightly higher than the right."
"It's to be expected from the third cousin, twice removed of blahblahblahhhahblahblahbla"

Cardcaptor Sakura 12

We have Sakura being adorable on an otherwise 3x as long day because of a Clow Card. And Li was enamored by Sakura's dad until being told he was Sakura's dad. Seems to have the opposite effect of Tomoyo's mom.

What an outfit. It must feel bad that she puts up with Tomoyo's fetish. Squid Girl couldn't put up with Sanae after dealing with her fetish once. But this is a kids cartoon with suggestive right-on-the-line tones, what'd you expect!?

AGAIN, I ask a question or state a statement or realizing something (this time, how Li wasn't much of a rival since he never got a card) and it's resolved shortly after my observation. This is really creepy.

CorvoSol

Gargantia 2

I'm really liking the tone of this show. It's got that feel of an older sci fi, what with the lost Earth and translations and blah blah blah. Bellows kinda feels like a poor man's Yoko, though.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS
ighjJVR.png

Episode 15

Not much in this episode besides Mamo-chan being turned down when he tried to help. And lol at that J-dorama plot for the old couple.

Episode 16

When I think Fisheye can’t creepy me more, he prove me wrong.
When I think Pegasus can’t creepy me more, he prove me wrong.
Usagi with harsh truths in the cafe.
To top it the other Sailors get their power-up episode lumped together and after this episode probably they will go back to just being there
. ;___;

Episode 17

Beach episode. The Amazon Trio was amazing in their new setting.
Shingo nearly
drowns, and Ami performs CPR on him
. Nothing to see here...until...what?! Another awesome Lemures, pow pow pow, red or white? Pow pow pow, gintama ( And she doesn’t stop here). Pow pow pow, Kint…ops.
This was some Gintama shit right there, that Gorilla (Hideaki Sorachi) is a hack!!

Episode 18

“Purima wo nerae!” Am I missing something here?
Probably Ace wo nerae.
That Sensei was a jerk.
Stop with the fat Usagi jokes…
even though it saved her.
=p

Episode 19

I loved Rubina antics in this episode.
¬__¬…¬__¬…¬__¬…
And the last Lemures of the Ponko series I loved so much, Elephanko. It doesn’t break even when an elephant is on top of it!
Mamoro reaction to his rose being crushed(lol), did he really think his rose had a chance?

Episode 20

Mako-chan. <3
Tiger's Eye goes for quantity over quality, but he ends it with talent over quantity.
Jupiter’s
Super Supreme Thunder is used with her off-screen
, lame. ¬__¬
Is this the destiny of the other Sailors?

Episode 21

I really didn’t expected this from Fisheye,
did he really ki...ki…kissed Mamo-chan?!
After learning about they true form, Fisheye is more worried about being a human who has
beatiful dreams.

Episode 22

Fisheye
finds out that Usagi is Sailor Moon, baka Usagi. Then luckly learn that Pegasus is hiding in Chibiusa's dream. I know where the Pegasus is Zirconia-sama, who as smart as she is ends up watching the first 10 seconds of footage and thinks the Pegasus is in Usagi dream. The trio dies after wishing for Usagi's dream mirror to be repaired. In the end Pegasus grants the trio a happy end(? Do we ever get “news” of the trio afterwards?).

Episode 23

I already miss the trio
, that fucking children dream song put me to sleep the first time.
If there is an Amazon
ess Quartet and an Amazon trio, should I expext one Amazoness/Amazon Quintet?
I really like this ending…la la la…Never give up.

STAGE OUT!

Kurita

Waiting for Akibaranger x The Hero Yoshihiko.

It always feels weird to see the real actors with the costumes minus the helmets.
Like, in Gokaiger, they had a scene where they all did the roll call without the helmets. I was like "wtf?". :lol

Conan-san

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS

Episode 19

I loved Rubina antics in this episode.
¬__¬…¬__¬…¬__¬…
And the last Lemures of the Ponko series I loved so much, Elephanko. It doesn’t break even when an elephant is on top of it!
Mamoro reaction to his rose being crushed(lol), did he really think his rose had a chance

Those are some phallic ass choco-bananas.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
As they do every year during Machi Asobi, anime characters take over the P.A. system announcements on the Bizan Ropeway tram cars. This year, the jobs went to Kirino and Kuroneko.

Past years' announcers have included Madoka, Homura, and the duo of Rider & Waver, among others. This person's Youtube channel has a playlist of them here -- it seems that seiyuu like Maaya Sakamoto, Miyuki Sawashiro, and Nana Mizuki have done it too.

:O

sol_bad

OK so I figured out how to access US content on Crunchyroll from Australia.

The shows I have queued are:-
Gargantia
Attack on Titan
Valvrave
Gurren Lagann
Flowers of Evil
R.O.D
Girls und Panzer
Space Brothers

I have also watched School Days
Is there anything else I should look at watching?

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 04
This was a bit of a step down compared to episode 03. Still good though.
Does Sakura's brother have to work everywhere that dude is taking her and since he probably knows why is he doing it? My DTL sense is tingling.

jgminto

Am I the only one who think Amy's friends look terrible? They just scream "annoying".

Ledo looks pretty sweet in that hawaiian shirt.

Theonik

DFC friend is the best so I disagree!

YUYUSHIKI 04
The jigsaw puzzle skit was totally :SDBurton well most of the episode was but still!

wonzo

Banned
Okay, I just watched the first 4 eps of Valvarve and everyone who compared this incredibly entertaining series to fucking tripe like Guilty Crown should jump off a cliff SAO style as this shit IS THE REAL FUKKEN DEAL.

ERRU ERRUFFFFFFUUUU

Blasty

OK so I figured out how to access US content on Crunchyroll from Australia.

The shows I have queued are:-
Gargantia
Attack on Titan
Valvrave
Gurren Lagann
Flowers of Evil
R.O.D
Girls und Panzer
Space Brothers

I have also watched School Days
Is there anything else I should look at watching?

I loved Kuroko's Basketball.
If you haven't seen Code Geass already, you can watch R1 on Crunchyroll.
Oreimo is good if you're okay with it.
Fate/Zero was amazing.
IMO, The World God Only Knows was pretty good.
SAO is popular for some oddd reason. You can try it if you want.
I liked Angel Beats as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom