• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haitai Nanafa 09-13

uEAqR3Ll.jpg

That was fun. I do like how the DRAMA wasn't really overblown and it still kept with it's fun nature. Yes please to season 2.

Thoraxes

OreImo S2 - 05

Though it's not my supported shipping...

The look on Manami's face and Kirino's smugness was great. Also dat end drama awwwww yeah. Kuroneko being super cute, Comiket, it was good.

I thought the (what i'm guessing is) boyfriend was a chick at first.

kIO68PM.jpg
8iwm0dJ.jpg

Dennis

Banned
Gonna watch Oreimo 2 - Episode 5 tonight.

No way it can top the depravity of Episode 4. That was some next level shit.

Cardcaptor Sakura 12

iVKZFAXNg9DF4.jpg

I know this feeling all too well, Kero-chan.

Oh no, the Groundhog Day card! The card encounter shows more of Li being a cool dude, but something's a miss.
If Li got the Time card by turning it back into its original form, how come he didn't get the Thunder card a few episodes back by doing the same thing?

Jarmel

Banned
So for Hataraku Maou-sama 5, someone pointed out that the reason there was a filter in the bubble during the fight is because time has stopped and so therefore there wouldn't be color due to the light waves not travelling.

j74SykU.gif

So for Hataraku Maou-sama 5, someone pointed out that the reason there was a filter in the bubble during the fight is because time has stopped and so therefore there wouldn't be color due to the light waves not travelling.

I just shook it off because I've seen the "put up a barrier so civilians don't get hurt!" thing about a million times.

j74SykU.gif

If light waves could not travel surely everything would be black.

Jarmel

Banned
If light waves could not travel surely everything would be black.

Well the light rays are still there however, just stopped, which is why there are still colors you can see, so it's just not completely black. It's just less active making it dampened considerably.

Again I'm not a physicist and someone else point this out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

j74SykU.gif

This is a common trope and it doesn't work like that.

In fact, pretty much all time stopping in fiction doesn't work if only for one simple reason:

How do you breath when air can't move?

cajunator

Banned
Haitai Nanafa 09-13

uEAqR3Ll.jpg

That was fun. I do like how the DRAMA wasn't really overblown and it still kept with it's fun nature. Yes please to season 2.

I love this trend of gradient hair.

OreImo S2 - 05

Though it's not my supported shipping...

The look on Manami's face and Kirino's smugness was great. Also dat end drama awwwww yeah. Kuroneko being super cute, Comiket, it was good.

I thought the (what i'm guessing is) boyfriend was a chick at first.

kIO68PM.jpg
8iwm0dJ.jpg

OreImo S2 05:

Episode was more fun than expected. FINALLY some Kuroneko screen time! Hnng!

Yes. Things are looking up!

Jarmel

Banned
This is a common trope and it doesn't work like that.

In fact, pretty much all time stopping in fiction doesn't work if only for one simple reason:

How do you breath when air can't move?

Wouldn't it depend on if the parties actually need air? Like if a person is capable of stopping time, my guess is that they probably can get around the air bit.

Haly

Wouldn't it depend on if the parties actually need air? Like if a person is capable of stopping time, my guess is that they probably can get around the air bit.

I'm too lazy to check but I'm pretty sure they breath. There's also the matter of sound not being able to travel if air can't move. And a more general example. How do you move at all when you can't displace air because of ZA WARUDO?

The point is black and white time stop is a purely visual thing.

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san 05

uKsLiRel.jpg

:chet and :SDBurton? Amazing.

I also like the protag since he understands when to get the hell out of there.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm too lazy to check but I'm pretty sure they breath. There's also the matter of sound not being able to travel if air can't move. And a more general example. How do you move at all when you can't displace air because of ZA WARUDO?

The point is black and white time stop is a purely visual thing.

I'm not saying that Maou invented the concept. Also wouldn't it just makes the particles stationary, not immovable?

Haly

How can you move a particle if it's not affected by time?

Haly

Wouldn't time and an external force be two separate things? You're excluding yourself from the time stop after all.

I don't even know, I guess that's the assumption you'd have to make whenever you write some sort of time stop.

And if you can selectively exclude things like yourself, other people, and air from a time stop, why not just top your target instead? Seems like the former would require a lot more precision.

Assuming that Time Stop doesn't affect things on an atomic level and electromagnetic forces still hold (because you need them to move at all), then there's no reason light would be faded whatsoever.

Jarmel

Banned
what? When a particle moves its going through space and time. You cannot move a particle if time has stopped or if theres no space.

Yea you're right. Something like a timestop wouldn't work as both are needed. I'm not a physicist. I was trying to think of a way that it could theoretically work if one was excluded but you really can't do that. Wouldn't something that drastically slowed down time work though? Like selective time dilation.

Articalys

Wow I missed a lot this morning.

Too soon to make a Summer list.

Oreimo is getting difficult to watch due to the possibly worst pair of main characters, and Muromi-san is still delightfully insane.

Also, Katsuhiro Harada seems to have temporarily turned into Iori Minase again. Or something.

Articalys

Also, yesterday's ISML was one of their stupid end-of-round pointless award things, and they aren't even going to continue the main matches until the 12th thanks to their ridiculous padded schedule, so screw them, but there were two exhibition matches of note.

cPHsy1D.png

Ha! I'm sure he changed it for Iori's birthday~ (5/5, May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, etc).

I will be sure to post a nice picture for it when duty calls in my area.
I don't keep track of those, but some other posts on my Twitter feed alerted me that the Pixiv tag for Iori birthday pictures is apparently 5月5日は伊織の誕生祭.

Dresden

Also, yesterday's ISML was one of their stupid end-of-round pointless award things, and they aren't even going to continue the main matches until the 12th thanks to their ridiculous padded schedule, so screw them, but there were two exhibition matches of note.

cPHsy1D.png

idh1yS3.png

survivor

Banned
Muromi-san 5

Well this episode delivered on what it promised from the preview last week. It was also much better than episode 4.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

cPHsy1D.png

I think more people voted for Kanna than bought the Blu-Ray. ;_;

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

cPHsy1D.png

I don't keep track of those, but some other posts on my Twitter feed alerted me that the Pixiv tag for Iori birthday pictures is apparently 5月5日は伊織の誕生祭.

#TeamAmy already deliverin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom