• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

How awesome is frequent anison (and Miku) composer kz(livetune)? He has Daft Punk figures next to his computer.
z9V72cY.jpg
Reminder: this season, he's the composer for both the Oreimo and Devil Survivor 2 OPs.

SEMÁFORO:

This is cool and you guys should watch it. Anime-related because anime reasons.

I love the distorted, expressionist animation and the surreal, dreamlike transitions, as well as the way it uses the spotlight theme visually. Considering the ending notes, I suppose it's meant to represent the confining strictures of the spotlight and the pressure on those in it to perform to satisfy a paying audience expecting a spectacle. Thanks for the link.

Hentai Prince 04

DRAMA and a stupid way to resolve everything? Just what I expect from a JC Staff adaptation!

I was amazed that it didn't rain one bit though in this whole episode.

Also, yesterday's ISML was one of their stupid end-of-round pointless award things, and they aren't even going to continue the main matches until the 12th thanks to their ridiculous padded schedule, so screw them, but there were two exhibition matches of note.

cPHsy1D.png

Wow seems its a contest over whose the more bland and dull character for RDG v Gargantia. At least Izumiko isnt annoying.

Did Blast of Tempest characters get in the runnings?

jgminto

I'll probably check out Servant x Service and Blood Lad next season. I'll check out Free! as well if it's not as dull as Tamako Market.

Outside of that I'll wait until the summer thread.

Wasn't that depression moe show next season? Or was that the season after?

Watching Aku no Hana 04, my brother says to me " We should watch School days..."

Hana ga saita yo, hana ga saita yo...

Aku no Hana really bring out the worst in people, I'm not going to watch it!

cajunator

Banned
Also, yesterday's ISML was one of their stupid end-of-round pointless award things, and they aren't even going to continue the main matches until the 12th thanks to their ridiculous padded schedule, so screw them, but there were two exhibition matches of note.

cPHsy1D.png

I don't keep track of those, but some other posts on my Twitter feed alerted me that the Pixiv tag for Iori birthday pictures is apparently 5月5日は伊織の誕生祭.

Well, these choices at least were correct.

Jarmel

Banned
Hentai Ouji 4-

Oh wow the stupidity of this show is something amazing to behold. Holy shit. If this is episode 4, the rabbit hole is going to be deep as fuck.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
[My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Incestuous! 2] 05

PrecureGAF in a nutshell.

I'm gonna knock over some racks if they actually pull a KirinoXKyousuke ending.:/

Sadly, the writing's on the wall. The other other possible ending is a Bad End (aka Yandere end)

Dresden

Not sure why more haremshit LN authors don't just write a book for every conceivable ending. They're peddling trash anyways, at least color code it for different tastes.

[My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Incestuous! 2] 05

PrecureGAF in a nutshell.

I'm gonna knock over some racks if they actually pull a KirinoXKyousuke ending.:/

I will admit that Precure was the first thing that hit my mind there.

There's always the Kuroneko route.... if Yandere End is prevented.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Not sure why more haremshit LN authors don't just write a book for every conceivable ending. They're peddling trash anyways, at least color code it for different tastes.

That's too brilliant an idea, it'd never be put into place...

But seriously, think of how many more books you'd sell if your final installment was actually your final 6 installments.

Hataraku Maou-sama! - 5
That new OP is just a montage of stubbing toes, but I do like the song. So now almost everyone is rooming together in that tiny little apartment, huh. Pretty fun episode overall.

Aku no Hana - 4
That ending was weirdly intense. There's some great voice work in this on Nakamura's part.

Valvrave - 3-4
Holy shit, the context of that Moses line could not have been better! That and
Shoko stripping
are the kind of moments that I look forward to in this show.

Theonik

Muromi-san 05
Pretty fun episode to boot. I wonder if tails heal.

Don't worry, the digital future ensured they'll be able to sell DLC routes soon.

Acosta

Is me or Valvrave is nonsense?

EP4
REALLY? that's the big solution? You make your high school an independent country? And how do you separate the whole module without any damage? And what's all that about being a "monster" and not supposed to have any feeling, you just obliterated a dozen of giant robots in a rage attack and then started to cry like a baby.

Really weird stuff, I have problems to take it seriously (could that be the problem?).

In other order of things, Yuyushiki it´s adorable, I laughed hard at the beginning of EP2. Should I be worried?

I also watched a bit of Aku no Hana... yeeaaaaah... what about no. Too loaded, I don't need a depression thank you very much.

OceanBlue

Super-late Summer list:
Hyperdimensional Neptunia
Tamayura S2
Blood Lad (?)
Love Lab
Kiniro Mosaic
Dangan Ronpa
C3-bu
Highschool DxD New (?)
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Free
Silver Spoon

Mostly excited for Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. The premise for Dangan Ronpa seems interesting, people are saying Silver Spoon is good, and Free is KyoAni, so I guess I'm interested in seeing how those go as well.

jbug617

Banned
Oreimo 5

That was a weird way to start the episode.
Poor Manami getting teased like that.
. I hope that
jealous look Kirino gave will lead to more Kuroneko on the show.

Dresden

e: nevermind all that, just release all the volumes for each waifu at once, but wrap them up in foil so they're like trading cards. Gotta find 'em all.

Waiting for my royalty check, kadokawa.

EP4
REALLY? that's the big solution? You make your high school an independent country? And how do you separate the whole module without any damage? And what's all that about being a "monster" and not supposed to have any feeling, you just obliterated a dozen of giant robots in a rage attack and then started to cry like a baby.

Really weird stuff, I have problems to take it seriously (could that be the problem?).

In other order of things, Yuyushiki it´s adorable, I laughed hard at the beginning of EP2. Should I be worried?

I also watched a bit of Aku no Hana... yeeaaaaah... what about no. Too loaded, I don't need a depression thank you very much.

I think it may just be you, I thought it made quite a bit of sense considering their situation.
As an alternative for just going with L-elfs suggestion and wanting to do things on his own/friends own accord. ARUS, and Dorssia seem to have their own issues and just yielding Valvrave to anyone would probably still result in their own loss. So might as well bargain with it and make Sakimori independent for awhile, I figure they wont be able to last long, maybe, unless they can get more machines.

OceanBlue

e: nevermind all that, just release all the volumes for each waifu at once, but wrap them up in foil so they're like trading cards. Gotta find 'em all.

Waiting for my royalty check, kadokawa.

LOL. I wasn't too keen on the first idea, but this one is genius.

EP4

Yeah, it's not a show that you can take seriously - or that asks to be taken seriously, honestly. The somber orchestral music may fool you at first, but the silliness of things like the groping girl in episode 1 and the Moses line in episode 4 - and that they named a guy L-Elf, for crying out loud - should tip you off that the creators are just aiming for dumb fun.

Nope.

Acosta

I think it may just be you, I thought it made quite a bit of sense considering their situation.
As an alternative for just going with L-elfs suggestion and wanting to do things on his own/friends own accord. ARUS, and Dorssia seem to have their own issues and just yielding Valvrave to anyone would probably still result in their own loss. So might as well bargain with it and make Sakimori independent for awhile, I figure they wont be able to last long, maybe, unless they can get more machines.

But
L-elf only have to kill half the school and/or take Shoko as hostage while Haruto is doing space carpentering to force him to do whatever he wants. The solution of "we give Valvrave to the other side" is fine, but I don't think they have the cards to force that situation.

I also have problems with the idea of separating a module from a big station without any internal harm or supply problem. I guess you can justify it, but the image of Valvrave carrying the whole module looks way too exaggerated to me, even in zero gravity.

I guess I will wait to see what L-elf idea is to see if it makes sense...

Izayoi

Banned
When you're bored and need something to do the thread moves super slowly, but when you're away and need to catch up later it screams.

??????????????

JCG

How much food would be kept in the school portion of a space station?

IIRC, there's quite a bit more in that one module than just the school. There seems to be a city of reasonable size in it.

But honestly, they'll handwave anything with either whatever explanation they please or with nothing at all. It's not worth worrying about.

Averon

EP4

Valvrave isn't suppose to make sense.

It's saying "I'm anime. Fuck logic and reason!!" Approach the show with that mindset and you can enjoy it as the dumb fun it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom