• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach ep 5 - 6
tumblr_mdra36HuZa1r65w9go4_500.jpg

Remember the days when Keigo, Mizuiro, Tatsuki, Chad, and Inoue were relevant to the plot...The school moments are so funny back here and I still laugh so much even though I already know all these moments. Kon and Ichigo fighting in the classroom to everyone spectating, that couldnt see him, and the reactions was hilarious, and then demonic Tatsuki moment.

wonzo

Banned
So Zac talked about Evangelion 3.33 on the latest ANNCast, and basically if you didn't like, it's because it was too "different" for you. Which is basically code for "2deep4u". Also, K-ON still sucks, so there's that. lol

The funny thing is I don't even care if someone has an opinion about something, but when the argument is that the people only dislike something because they don't "get it", you might as well just say "I'm an asshole" and call it a day.
It's just weird because he doesn't address any specific criticisms anyone might have had with the movie. It's just "different" and the anime fan slob that pays his bills but that he clearly despises (because they like K-ON) just doesn't "get it".

Of course, this is the guy who posited the strange thesis that Eva 2.22 was about American masculinity trumping Shinji's Japanese masculinity when his Eva unit took over and punched a hole into Asuka's face. The problem of course, is that Gendo is the one who took over the "American" Eva unit and unless I missed some major plot point, as far as I know, Gendo is also Japanese. But hey, why pay attention to facts when they get in the way of a point you are trying to make?
Why do this to yourself? :(

This week's Precure made me think of firehawk, wonzo and Chihayafuru; the victim of the week
is the Karuta Queen and her reason for becoming a Selfish is that she is so busy with karuta she has no time for love. SO META.
Man, even a bad PreCure series knows what's up. rip badhouse

mAcOdIn

I swear, you mix up two letters in a name and sometimes the weirdest stuff happens.

yes, I'm aware that it's a first name Mikasa and a last name Misaka, whatever

What the hell are those things on her waist, replacement knife/sword blades? Replacement knives/swords? Some kind of projectile?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This week's Precure made me think of firehawk, wonzo and Chihayafuru; the victim of the week
is the Karuta Queen and her reason for becoming a Selfish is that she is so busy with karuta she has no time for love. SO META.
Even though it's probably not a dig at Chihayafuru, I wish it was. lol

Writing off valid criticism by using a reductive assessment - one that stifles any genuine discourse? Yeah, that sounds about right.

ANN couldn't be trying any harder if they tried.
It's funny, because I thought he might have calmed down after doing a 2 hour podcast about moe with some guy who is fake-militant about being a supporter of moe, but hey, when you go to film school, you get a piece of paper that qualifies you to sound like Armond White I guess.

You are starting to win me back.
Something something Smile something something Heartcatch? lol

2deep4him!

He sounds like a fun guy.
I just don't know if he's even willing to entertain differing opinions. So, like, the fact that apparently K-ON is empty piece of moe otaku bait shit with no depth whatsoever is just taken for granted int ANN-verse. And people just marvel at his brilliant analysis of Evangelion. :p

firehawk, you keep dedicating your time to things you hate. I appreciate it, I really do!
To be fair, ANNCast is the only place that gets interviews with Western producers. When it's just dude interviewing a guest, it can be an informative show at the very least. But yeah, I should skip the preamble stuff.

He lives to hate, it's the only way he can feel things anymore.
It hurts less than cutting myself. :(

Why do this to yourself? :(
See above. :(
Man, even a bad PreCure series knows what's up. rip badhouse
Indeed. And not even a good Precure series!

Oh, those halcyon days. Back when there was a brief promise that fights might actually be sword-based, and not simply descend into a procession of boring energy attacks.

It's nice to want things...
I liked the beginning of Bleach, but that's pretty standard for shounen shows for me. They always devolve into the same stuff.
Where is little mascot-kun? I miss him.

He doesn't seem to post much in the threads he actually makes.

mAcOdIn

It's amusing because it starts off mentioning Dennuo Coil (sic) and GITS, putting them as examples of anime being relevant to contemporary issues and having interesting thematics; all while dismissing "tsundere highschool girls in knee socks and short skirts".

Then it proceeds to recommend Raildex, SAO and Tenchi Muyo.
Hey now, Railgun's good shit.

Both wonzo and hosannainexcelsis have been inducted into the Cult of VVV. All is right with the world. :D

Hard to resist ERU ERUFU.

(Sunrise, if you make a The Space Adventures of L-Elf spinoff, I'll love you forever.)

Hey now, Railgun's good shit.

Whatever its quality, there's no doubt that Railgun features "highschool girls in knee socks and short skirts". And though I haven't seen it, I'll bet there are some tsunderes in there.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hentai Ouji 4

I thought Space Brothers startled me with their ending this week? Holy fuck I didn't see that curve ball coming. God damnit.

I suppose SDBurton is already salivating though. lol

I'm already on it!

==================================

Hentai Ouji - 01

Rlm6VUS.png
a8DjbG4.png

Best girl.

Very entertaining pilot episode. Kinda bummed that the guy
got his facade back already as I wanted more nonsense to happen between him and the track captain
. :(

Moving on!

Edit: watching ep 2, looks like
he didn't get it back?
:eek:

7Th

Both wonzo and hosannainexcelsis have been inducted into the Cult of VVV. All is right with the world. :D

I'm only watching for the musicals and Shouko. Once the story goes back to the snore-inducing Nazi bishounen army, I'm bailing out. I only hope that the focus remains on the school characters and it becomes more Ryvius than Geass/Gundam.

mAcOdIn

Whatever its quality, there's no doubt that Railgun features "highschool girls in knee socks and short skirts". And though I haven't seen it, I'll bet there are some tsunderes in there.
And Dennou Coil?

And, yes, Railgun does have a tsundere but she's the best tsundere in all of anime.

Well, that seems to be where all their talent's gone so ofc you should (but only after the original series + ova1).

The irony with this statement is that Morio Asaka and Yoshiaki Kawajiri, who both go back to major Madhouse productions of the 1990s and earlier and so are two of the very few remaining members from the old guard of the studio, are working on Chihayafuru.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me05rpCsVv1r1izn6o1_r1_500.png
Nope.

OK, who is this?

7Th

From a TV show perspective, 00's Madhouse was a LOT more interesting than 90's Madhouse. Dennou Coil, Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba, Kemonozume, Paranoia Agent... they didn't do anything comparable before.

OK, who is this?

Natsuko from Re:Cutey Honey; one of the greatest love stories ever told in Japanese cartoons.

Tenumi

Banned
I keep forgetting to do little write-ups. Despair is me!

Smile Precure: 14

So we're still on the school trip, and they get separated. And then Miyuki and Yayoi accept candy from strangers. Ok...

On a frustrating note,
how long is it going to take them to finally realize that their normal attacks don't work on the Blue-nose Akanbe?
It's a bit tiring seeing them question the same thing every episode.

Random note, I've only won once or twice against Cure Peace. I'm terrible at rock paper scissors, apparently.

duckroll

Wit Studio really seems to be struggling with the production of Shingeki. Ep3-5 have all been collaboration episodes with outsource studios. The trend will probably continue, and it's probably not too surprising, considering how Wit Studio's actual offices have only been ready for a few months (I think they moved in at the very end of August last year), and they were already tasked with a big new TV series and a theatrical feature at the same time. Not to mention how some of the staff were already tied up with Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes during the same period.

mAcOdIn

It's DIFFERENT.
So, I know it was initially hosannainexcelsis I was talking to but is the "problem" the age of the girls or that they're all in skirts with socks? If the problem's the age I don't see how going younger's any better! That said, Dennou Coil's a good show, not trying to say it's some harem smut or something.
Mikasa's target of affection is the epitome of generic shounen hero; her questionable taste for love interests doesn't speak well for herself.
Oh please, there's nothing actually wrong with Touma, it's the universe that allows him to exist that's silly. That's probably the problem in all Shounen. If Touma existed in real life there'd be no reason not to like him, it just comes off as cheesy because of how unrealistic it is. But since it is fiction what exactly's wrong with Misaka's love interest in that universe? How is he a shit bag, loser, creep or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom