• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

I pay for premium. Infact I pay UK premium rates for premium. I only get access to a tiny fraction of CR's catalogue and it basically rubbish.
Edit: Hell UK is OK. I was in Greece for a couple of days and they had 1 total of 1 simulcast being Naruto. Still on my subscription. I can VPN obviously but I shouldn't have to.

The Lizardmen don't want UROP to get their hands on Taiga. Damn them!

Thanks Cameron.

Narag

I pay for premium. Infact I pay UK premium rates for premium. I only get access to a tiny fraction of CR's catalogue and it basically rubbish.
Edit: Hell UK is OK. I was in mainland Europe for a couple of weeks and they had 1 total of 1 simulcast being Naruto. Still on my subscription. I can VPN obviously but I shouldn't have to.

The Lizardmen don't want UROP to get their hands on Taiga. Damn them!

What more do you need than Naruto?

Narag

I can only watch up to Episode 6 with my non-subscriber account, and without a job, its unlikely I will get one anytime soon.

Weird. If you have a couple days to burn through it sometime I'm sure someone in here will have a guest pass before long.

Mr.Jeff

...mom-sensei
Well she doesn't really appear much in the first episode beyond a brief introduction and the clapping scene. Being voiced by Yui Horie boosts her rank immediately though.

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo (OVA)

delicious_yuri.png

The purest form of love, right before our eyes. So heavenly.
While this was incredibly awkward to scroll past several times at work when my screen faces everyone, it definitely was a good OVA that I would have happily had more of.

Here's the rest of the C3-Bu cast, for what it's worth:
Yui Makino as Yura Yamato
Ai Kayano as Karila Hatsuse
Chiwa Saito as Honoka Mutsu
Rima Nishizaki as Rento Kirishima
Madoka Yonezawa as Yachiyo Hinata
Well, I wasn't going to watch this but that's basically guaranteed me to at least try it. It's probably not a good habit to be watching series purely on VAs but Yui Makino does so few series as it is that it's hardly a problem.

Yes! Awesome series.
For all it's faults, Rocket Girls was a brilliantly charming series. The silly premise of it belies the fact it's just really enjoyable.

On a final side note before slinking back, has Kayos disappeared?

Edit: Hell UK is OK. I was in mainland Europe for a couple of weeks and they had 1 total of 1 simulcast being Naruto. Still on my subscription. I can VPN obviously but I shouldn't have to.

In what ways is the UK service different from what's offered in the US? Is it just a difference in price and title lineup?

Theonik

cajunator

Banned
ray-j-gif.gif

N6CHYRJ.jpg

It's okay, I'm here for you ;_;

You are the Shounen-Prince and will get through this!

Our little shounen prince cannot possibly be this depressed.

Ok, here's the GIF in case people want to see. 88MB

I often find myself asking these questions. I quickly wake up and check the expiry dates on my last meal.

Edit:

Pretty much. I pay more but only get rubbish compared to what US and Canada are getting.

Whats the big deal about this gif? It loads very quickly.

Articalys

There's a short interview now posted on ANN with director Kazuya Murata about Gargantia. A sample question:
Q: Have you been a science fiction fan in the past? If so, what are some of your favorite science fiction films and TV shows, and did any of them influence your direction on this project?

A: I may not be as familiar with sci-fi as the hardcore fans, but I love it. As for this particular project, there is no specific show which influenced my direction, but there are some live action films and anime shows, which influenced me strongly. Live action films such as "Close Encounters", "Blade Runner", "Brazil”, and "Stalker". Anime series are “Space Battleship Yamato”, and “Future Boy Conan".

Articalys

Here's a Biglobe poll a bit different from the usual "rank the characters/voice actresses" ones -- instead, it's asking what the biggest trends in anime over the last few years have been. The top three answers:

1) Absurdly long show titles
2) TV-to-movie adaptations
3) Extremely limited number of males in the cast

Other answers further down the list include "light novel adaptations" and "split-cour shows".

survivor

Banned
Here's a Biglobe poll a bit different from the usual "rank the characters/voice actresses" ones -- instead, it's asking what the biggest trends in anime over the last few years have been. The top three answers:

Other answers further down the list include "light novel adaptations" and "split-cour shows".

#3 is a very good trend.

We need more K's and Free!'s/Kimi to Boku's.

Though I am amused by silly long titles for shows, so I welcome that. The longer and the more Engrishy, the better!

Taruranto

I believe 1) is mostly
"light novel adaptations"
fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom