• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiKerot

I guess if theres a really good scene or what not. Didnt think much about the inconvenience to mobile users.

If you need to post a 10mb .gif of "a really good scene" in an impressions post, you're probably ruining something for someone who hasn't had a chance to watch it yet. The animated nature of .gifs make them far more eye-catching, and therefore far harder to just gloss-over and ignore, than static images.

-edit- Sorry, don't mean to sound snippy, just still kind of annoyed about someone posting the
Malshina transformation scene
from last weeks Akibaranger before I even had a chance to watch the episode.

jbug617

Banned
New pickups (Welcome to NHK and K-On The Movie)

BJmmFacCcAEdMUd.jpg

Suite Precure the Sequel 25

Today we understand the depths of Ellen's ability to be adorable.
why are ex-villians turned PreCure adorable? Is it because they're still blossoming to the qualities of goodness? No idea

She gives us that Tsundere feel, but doesn't really play on it too hard. She is afraid of Monsters, so that's two things she's afraid of (the other being Hermit Crabs). I might be fine with this as long as Ellen stays adorable. Although she's still new to friendship, so she overthinks Hibiki and Kanade's monster situation as bullying, BUT OUJI-SENPAI SAVES THE DAY. I get the feeling Ellen may become Kanade's love rival at this point. She can flaunt that he held her gently in his arms at least.

Jarmel

Banned
If you need to post a 10mb .gif of "a really good scene" in an impressions post, you're probably ruining something for someone who hasn't had a chance to watch it yet. The animated nature of .gifs make them far more eye-catching, and therefore far harder to just gloss-over and ignore, than static images.

If you're going by the standard of ruining a scene for someone then there shouldn't be any images at all. Part of an impressions post is highlighting stuff that impressed you. Displaying a gif showcasing sakuga, is very effective at getting your point across rather than just using a bunch of words. Obviously 10MB is too much but it depends on a lot of things.

Theonik

It's not even supported on all browsers.
It's supported on all good browsers.
iZm5amyZBk6cH.png

I just despise the GIF format. it should die already and a better alternative should replace it but sadly APNG sucks too for other reasons.

DiGiKerot

If you're going by the standard of ruining a scene for someone then there shouldn't be any images at all. Part of an impressions post is highlighting stuff that impressed you. Displaying a gif showcasing sakuga, is very effective at getting your point across rather than just using a bunch of words. Obviously 10MB is too much but it depends on a lot of things.

Well, I'm not really interested in getting into that whole argument about spoiler images again, because I really don't have a problem with people posting such things when they actually back up posting what they are with an actual point (and I don't want to be the nofunallowed.jpg guy or anything).

I will say that entire cuts of animation, particularly when they're from gag shows, however, are way more of a spoiler than static images ever are, though.

Jarmel

Banned
Well, I'm not really interested in getting into that whole argument about spoiler images again, because I really don't have a problem with people posting such things when they actually back up posting what they are with an actual point.

I will say that entire cuts of animation, particularly when they're from gag shows, however, and way more of a spoiler than static images ever are, though.

It's contextual. I do agree that taking entire cuts for a gag show can pretty much either ruin or steal a joke but for stuff like Shingeki, I don't think there is anything wrong if someone gifs an entire scene(assuming that the MB doesn't go too high and it's not a spoiler).

Toradora Ami chapter

Ami>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Minorin>>>>>>>>>>>>Taiga

oh, man. I loved the shit out of Toradora.

Oreimo 1-3

Figured I'd catch up on this series and see what all the fuss is about. I really like what I've seen so far. A few parts had me dying. So funny.

Tenumi

Banned
I so want to watch Toradora sometime. I tried when it was airing, but the fansub community for that series was a mess.

Besides, I've got series I want to finish before I start anything new. Like Future Diary. Seven episodes into that, so I've still got a bit to go.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you're going by the standard of ruining a scene for someone then there shouldn't be any images at all.
It's not like people are responsible with their use anyways, but it's a much more regular thing for people to run .gifs of important moments that give away too much.

Sometimes I wonder if I should pick up the Conan anime (as a child I read something like 13 volumes) but then I see it has almost 700(!) episodes with probably minimal plot progression... Well maybe someday. Really liked the manga back in a day.

There's been quite a bit of plot progression in the anime, actually. It's well worth watching the Conan anime, even with the amount of episodes it has (besides, that just means more to enjoy).

Kurita

I loved the Conan anime when I was a kid, I really want to watch it seriously now.
I'll check it out when I'm done with Gintama.

Go_Ly_Dow

Attack on Titan Episode 5 – First Battle - Battle of Trost (1)
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I was all hyped for this episode and somehow ended up more hyped even while waiting for the delayed episode to appear on Crunchyroll, then to see it as it started with all awesome and epic motivated Eren, even inspiring Jean (more moments of these two please), some Connie and even newcomer Thomas, I was excited to see this Battle of Trost go down. Unfortunately the anime is still lead by an extremely questionable writing direction with a writer who seems to just want to make this one of the most awful stories to ever be animated.
First why introduce us to Thomas and have him with Eren making him all happy and then give us a good scene with Armin too, only to have them all watch Thomas be devoured like that. It came out of nowhere and caused me to hurt cause I had even got attached to him, expecting him to be like a happy version of Jean :( And then after that, I dont even want to repeat what happened but it was awful, made me step away from the computer and not even come back to the episode for a bit. I dont even want to finish this anime anymore and may just drop it. Eren losing multiple limbs and then being ate up and dying?! He is the hero, the protagonist, he's supposed to be invincible slaying titans like their buttered toast and what not, not the one being smashed like an ant. (oh and of course, Failkasa is safe...). I didnt sign up to get teary eyed from this anime. I wanted good feelings and confidence boosts in morale. Its a shonen action anime after all be more like it please with whoever is rising to take Erens place, I guess Armin or Rivaille? I doubt Ill be able to look at screencaps of Eren for a few days this is like part 2 jjba all over again for me.

The music this episode really sounded like the person decided to revisit a few pieces of the Guilty Crown ost and borrow select moments adding a Shingeki no Kyojin twist to them, the one that sounds extremely like it was inspired from Guilty Crown had to be certain parts of the song playing with Pixis.

ray-j-gif.gif

N6CHYRJ.jpg

It's okay, I'm here for you ;_;

You are the Shounen-Prince and will get through this!

jbug617

Banned
I so want to watch Toradora sometime. I tried when it was airing, but the fansub community for that series was a mess.

Besides, I've got series I want to finish before I start anything new. Like Future Diary. Seven episodes into that, so I've still got a bit to go.

I like Toradora. The story has a nice flow to it and the characters aren't boring.

Theonik

Can't blame them for wanting to save some things for paying subscribers. That's how businesses work.
I pay for premium. Infact I pay UK premium rates for premium. I only get access to a tiny fraction of CR's catalogue and it basically rubbish.
Edit: Hell UK is OK. I was in mainland Europe for a couple of weeks and they had 1 total of 1 simulcast being Naruto. Still on my subscription. I can VPN obviously but I shouldn't have to.

Damn cr. novid was right etc
The Lizardmen don't want UROP to get their hands on Taiga. Damn them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom