• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Terrible.

Terrible.
I'm sure you could get this under 3MB...

If I was on Chrome, I'm sure my browser would have blown itself up.
Haven't has a problem with GIFs in Chrome in a long time.

I learned recently that hot gluing figurines is a thing. I wish it wasnt.
All my previous glue based jokes wasted!

Taruranto

Hunter x Hunter 59 - I Can't Believe I Watched 60 Episodes Of An Anime!!!

Y9QNcCG.jpg

Gurls? I'n muh Shota x Shota?

Yeah, i know she's technically a 50 years old granny who lifts, but...

Articalys

And to think I used to believe Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai was a ridiculously long title.
Actually, I'm trying to think if any recent anime has a longer full title than Anohana, and for now I'm drawing a blank. Could it be the record-holder, or is there something I'm forgetting?

cajunator

Banned
Actually, I'm trying to think if any recent anime has a longer full title than Anohana, and for now I'm drawing a blank. Could it be the record-holder, or is there something I'm forgetting?

I think that is the longest title. Certainly the longest one I've heard of.

Also, don't watch Kono Mini. fuck that show.

cajunator

Banned
kuttsukiboshi OVA part 1

Oh my. This is SDBurton's greatest dream. This show is so yuri it creates a new paradigm. I cannot imagine anyth- WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK?!?!?!?!?!?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
kuttsukiboshi OVA part 1

Oh my. This is SDBurton's greatest dream. This show is so yuri it creates a new paradigm. I cannot imagine anyth- WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK?!?!?!?!?!?

#dead

mAcOdIn

For all it's faults, Rocket Girls was a brilliantly charming series. The silly premise of it belies the fact it's just really enjoyable.
I liked Yukari from the first episode, it was so whacky. Like when she entered the room with that dude and that restaurant owner's like "have a good time or whatever," lol, her face was priceless, then the whole gang shows up and she's all spunky towards the head dude. I liked it.

Also, the sadistic doctor girl always hitting them with more than she should's great. Lab coats are hot.

Just a really fun show.

I can't embed Youtube vids and force them to play on GAF.
Sadly.
LOL
I'm fine with up to 20MB personally if the host isn't crap or they don't have shitty filters.
We should all start making APNG instead.
Edit: Now the real concern is quoting though that is a presentation issue.

Both instances should be cached by your browser so you should be only loading the GIF once.
Hell no
In what situation does any post need a 10mb .gif image posted in line?

If you're doing anything crazy like that, please, link to it rather than stick it in your post. Not everyone is browsing whilst sitting on a super-quick connection that'd make 10mb trivial.

My mobile data usage on my iPad went through the roof when I started using it to browse 'Gaf whilst not at home. Now I use the mobile version of the site so I can switch the bloody .gifs off.

Very little of value was lost.
You guy don't realise how fast this thing can go up ..since thursday i'm using my 3G for internet and i was forced to disable picture on regular GAF in my settings ) other wise i would have hit my liit already. No problems for pictures ( some OT are quite huge but that's another prob )
But the gifs ... so many gifs .
3Mb should be the absolute limit.

It was too yuri for SDBurton. Think about that for a minute.
WHAT ? An anime that managed a memory overflow for Sdburton ? i'm intrested.
WTF.
NEVER AGAIN

kuttsukiboshi OVA part 1

Are you guys falling into traps on purpose ?

Attack on Titan Episode 5 – First Battle - Battle of Trost (1)
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I was all hyped for this episode and somehow ended up more hyped even while waiting for the delayed episode to appear on Crunchyroll, then to see it as it started with all awesome and epic motivated Eren, even inspiring Jean (more moments of these two please), some Connie and even newcomer Thomas, I was excited to see this Battle of Trost go down. Unfortunately the anime is still lead by an extremely questionable writing direction with a writer who seems to just want to make this one of the most awful stories to ever be animated.
First why introduce us to Thomas and have him with Eren making him all happy and then give us a good scene with Armin too, only to have them all watch Thomas be devoured like that. It came out of nowhere and caused me to hurt cause I had even got attached to him, expecting him to be like a happy version of Jean :( And then after that, I dont even want to repeat what happened but it was awful, made me step away from the computer and not even come back to the episode for a bit. I dont even want to finish this anime anymore and may just drop it. Eren losing multiple limbs and then being ate up and dying?! He is the hero, the protagonist, he's supposed to be invincible slaying titans like their buttered toast and what not, not the one being smashed like an ant. (oh and of course, Failkasa is safe...). I didnt sign up to get teary eyed from this anime. I wanted good feelings and confidence boosts in morale. Its a shonen action anime after all be more like it please with whoever is rising to take Erens place, I guess Armin or Rivaille? I doubt Ill be able to look at screencaps of Eren for a few days this is like part 2 jjba all over again for me.

The music this episode really sounded like the person decided to revisit a few pieces of the Guilty Crown ost and borrow select moments adding a Shingeki no Kyojin twist to them, the one that sounds extremely like it was inspired from Guilty Crown had to be certain parts of the song playing with Pixis.

Thats what I thought too. A new shounen anime to watch but once I read the manga I dropped it.

NarutoReality.gif

Jarmel

Banned
So out of curiosity, I decided to create the same gif three times with different levels of optimization with Jasc.

256 Colors: http://i.minus.com/ixSxId4yKIwxG.gif

127 Colors: http://i.minus.com/iFA8X8jhoK3K4.gif

63 Colors: http://i.minus.com/iE2kaDltPc8u7.gif

63 looks awful, while 127 and 256 look minimal but you can still see a slight difference in that there is a bit more dithering.

Edit:Here is a separate batch of three unlabeled ones.

http://i.minus.com/ieCR53UcsWt2q.gif
http://i.minus.com/i0YGCImZ6evuY.gif
http://i.minus.com/irza1WrPNtm3H.gif

Articalys

I'm not sure what, if any, impact this will have on Funi's anime operations, but I guess this is something to keep in mind. Via RACS:
Just got the following notice from Funimation:

Today we are excited to tell you about an important development in the distribution of FUNimation Entertainment and its products. In an effort to emphasize the company's expanding portfolio of entertainment content and products, FUNimation Entertainment will be consolidating its existing divisions under the unified name of Group 1200 Media effective May 18, 2013.

Group 1200 Media is a multifaceted entertainment conglomerate. This production, marketing, and distribution corporation strives tirelessly to accomplish its mission of delivering quality entertainment brands – along with their associated products – across a multitude of genres. Group 1200 Media is committed to continually releasing and developing exciting new properties representative of its diverse background in the entertainment industry.

Oh boy, here we go again. I'm not sure what it's all about yet, but clearly they have been looking to move beyond just being an anime company for awhile now. I'm sure I'll be updating this post later once I get more details.

Articalys

I know some people were talking about it the other day, it looks like Sentai is recalling the fucked up discs they were sending out for Kids on the Slope.
Well, that's a promising first step that maybe they'll be more attentive to these kinds of issues in the future... I hope. I was going to preorder Garden of Words, but now I'm thinking of holding off until I hear that there's no problems with the Sentai release.

Syrinx

Yami is on it, as well as Code Geass, Glass fleet, and GArzey's wing. Let someone like Jexhius provide the list in more detail..

On it, I've only seen Yami, School Days, and Blood-C. I think.

And I realized there was somebody considering watching Yami earlier in this thread, to which I will say that everybody and nobody should watch Yami.

Soma

Kuttsukiboshi is the one with the girl with telekinetic powers right?

I remember the ending to that being hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom