• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

To be fair, we only found out last night, I think. Think it's 3 eps a week for subscribers, 2 for non. 480p too. notsureifwant.jpg
Noooo, unbelievable that its only 480p and sub only. I was hoping to finally see it in a high definition resolution, since I only saw it via netflix low-d :( and no way am I watching a sub of it.
I don't think there's any way they'd be allowed to show the recomposited HD version before it's available in Japan, assuming it's even completed (although I figured it probably is by now, since the BD set comes out next month). The Japanese TV reruns that started in January are also using the original 480 masters.

Aw dammit, I missed a Code Geass R1 discussion a couple pages back. One of my favourites.

Here's pretty much a summary of my (and presumably everyone else's) reactions during the episodes:

1-10
gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

11-21

22-25

wonzo

Banned
Next week should be pretty good; it's by the director/animation director of that one Otome episode in the first half with surprisingly great animation.
Hype you!!

If only they had nipples.

But they do in the first picture!

To be fair, it's the "mainstream shônen magazine" that runs series such as Aku no Hana, Joshiraku or Shingeki no Kyojin...

sounds like the only shounen magazine worth a shit

Cosmic payback for this thread.

I don't think there's any way they'd be allowed to show the recomposited HD version before it's available in Japan, assuming it's even completed (although I figured it probably is by now, since the BD set comes out next month). The Japanese TV reruns that started in January are also using the original 480 masters.

Thats such an odd decision, why would they air the hd version and put tons of ads, to get people to actually go out and buy the bds. Airing the hd version didnt seem to hurt Gundam Seed HD...

7Th

I don't like
Akup very much

That's the big catch with Suite's second half;
it becomes the AKO and Hibiki show. To be fair, there are strong story-related reasons for Ako to take up so much focus... but that doesn't make her more likeable.

This is the big problem with harem anime.

Yeah; I really don't see the point of watching harem anime "for the girls" when it's actually about the bland male lead.

That's the big catch with Suite's second half;
it becomes the AKO and Hibiki show. To be fair, there are strong story-related reasons for Ako to take up so much focus... but that doesn't make her more likeable.

Fuck my life. I was just getting to like Ellen even more. She was adorable D:.

cajunator

Banned

Thank you for digging up an essential part of my anime nostalgia.
RRRRRARRRGLEBLARGERS GONNA RRRRARGLEBLARG

So I picked back up a series I started way back in December but put on hold for a little while.

Future Diary: 08

So,
Dogs with metal teeth or something
? Cool. Also,
four diary owners in one place
. Wonder what this might lead to. Doubtfully something pretty.

This is the show with Gasai Yuno in it right?

All I ask for. OreImo S2 has been disappointing in its overall lack of hnnngazawa, IS S2 better not disappoint.

Episode 5 is starting to redeem Oreimo 2 though.

Damn, should not have searched wikipedia for that one.

***** The more you know

This is so cute for some reason. doki doki

I looked again and realized it was a trailer from two and a half weeks ago, which was almost certainly posted here before. Reposting it would only make me look like a fool.

In actual news (still from yesterday, so why the fuck didn't you post it yesterday, ANN), Cars will be attending Anime Expo.

Also, we're allowed to post incredibly not-safe-for-work otaku blog article links now as long as they're properly marked?

Not everyone follows this thread up to the date. Some people catch up on dozens of pages at a time. Your news posts are entirely relevant. Watch an actual news broadcast sometimes and see how many itmes they repeat the same shit over and over. thats how they make sure everybody knowds about it. ESPECIALLY in a thread that moves this quickly.
If somebody calls it old, hey are basically saying "I cant quit this thread. Help me Im turning binary. Tell my parents I love them"

I like everything... though this thread is hardly about anime anymore lolol.

Actually, now its even MORE relevant.

What's this about?

Educational documentary about the Asian economy.

The title salaryman character of the Shima Kōsaku manga franchise is the "navigator" host of Shima Kōsaku no Asia Risshiden (Kōsaku Shima's Asia Success Story), a new television program premiering on the NHK BS1 channel in May. Actor Toshiaki Karasawa (live-action 20th Century Boys films, live-action Casshern film) is voicing the character.

The show focuses on strategies for making Asia's economy grow. It combines live-action doumentary footage and anime sequences, making this the first full-fledged anime version of Shima.

Articalys

Yuyushiki 5

Did not expect a reference to
The Usual Suspects

Also:
Also, thanks to that AMV Hell clip, I've now had that damn Hercules song stuck in my head for the last two days arrrrrrgh

7Th

Name of artist and of work would be greatly appreciated.

It's Girlfriends; some people love it, but I find it too cheesy even for yuri. It's by the artist of that one Tsubomi/Itsuki doujin; if you've read that you should have an idea of how cheesy she can be.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 40-

Oh shit. I'm dying here. This was one of the funniest episodes I've seen in awhile. The death scene is straight out of The Dark Knight Rises. The whole fight was an utter disappointment. Like there isn't any sense of progress in skills and the special is only added to his God Finger. Even the bullshit explosion where afterwards, both mechs look pretty unscratched. They also better have an amazingly good explanation for the brother.

Kagami

I'm going to ask a question that's probably ridiculous, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

How does Funimation's subscription service compare to Crunchyroll? It doesn't look like it has nearly as good of a selection as CR, but I'm curious.

It's not as good for multiple reasons, but it boils down to whether they have exclusives you want to see.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Maou-sama 5

Nice to see that they handled all the heavy stuff without sacrificing the humor of the show. Can't wait to see where things go from here.

Also, Emi's little chuckle when Maou called Orba "cueball" was both adorable and HILARIOUS.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aiura 5

Wow. Now this was a really, really good episode. Makes me all the more sad that it's such a short show. A full length show with this kind of humor would be amazing.

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch 2

Wait, summer? It was just New Year's last episode!

There is a fox spirit inside the children's magical girl yukata. Alright then.

Also, FUCKING SPARKLERS! Why do they exist? They're lame and stupid and shitty. Luckily Miyako stepped up and got them to the real fireworks.

jgminto

Yami continues to be a thing. I don't know what's going on. It's jumping around like crazy and I can't follow anything. It's draining me. We're in space for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom