• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 08
Wat. Fuck off shredder.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 09
Butts. And Elf shota meidos. Also ririsu trolling. Also hats. What is going on. Ninjas.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 10
The hell is going on. The hell are they there for. Hats. Why is it always hats.

Beck 26 fin

(synopsis of the last few episodes)
Beck is performing on Grateful Sound festival, they're booked on the 3rd and smallest stage. But right as the festival starts they're faced with lots of setbacks, Chiba runs away after Ryusuke tells him he maybe doesn't belong in the band, and Ryusuke himself disappears too. Its a rainy day but Beck needs to perform. The 3 members that are left consider cancelling their show, against all odds Koyuki goes alone on stage because 500 people still showed up. He performs "Ive got a Feeling", gradually the other bandmembers join him. Chiba and Ryusuke return too, he got Lucile back. The conditions for having them on Grateful Sound were harsh, they would need to attract the most people of all the stages, otherwise miss all royalties on their next 5 albums, so instead they would disband. Anyway, as Beck performs, more and more people come to watch them, Malcom on stage 2 cancels his show and the super popular Belle Ami in the biggest stage pause their performance multiple times. As a result, Beck on stage 3 is seen from the screens, attracting even more attention, people saying "it looks like so much fun" and decide to join them.

JsEuBMx.jpg

wdCvHDJ.jpg

Then Beck performs their last song Slip Out, making everyone cry because how beautiful it is played. Really got goosebumps lol

Its this song btw

Everyone want an encore but Beck is exhausted, they're not able to perform anymore. Koyuki rans away with Maho into the forest...

"koyuki, koyuki you're so awesome"

Maho chose Koyuki over her tv celebrity friend.

Beck disbands afterwards, Ryusuke disappears once again. Beck goes on tour in America where they also will meet with Ryusuka.

The anime is simly awesome. The music, plot and characters are great and the director injects just the right amount of drama.

Score: 8/10, must watch(though most here have seen it already)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Aim For The Top! Gunbuster] 5 (Rewatch)
Weird science aside
(the clock inside the Buster Machines suggested centuries passed, but when they returned to Earth it has been less than six months?)
that was flawless. Anno at his purest expression, taking the idea of time dilation and its effects on soldiers to its extreme. Notice the heavy use of clock imagery throughout the episode:
time waits for no one, and just as the Earth forces wish they had more time to plan an attack against the Space Monsters we see Noriko and Kazumi dealing with the brevity of life, made even shorter through relativism. It's an inexorable force that constantly weighs on their souls, aware of its effects but unable to do anything about it.
This episode also does a great job of taking the familiar and making it nostalgic. Even the Exelion makes a last comeback. A last great hurrah, if you will.
Yay, Studio Ghibli shoutouts.

P.S. Who is this girl? She's the only female in the Earth Defence Forces. I don't know, her sudden inclusion surprised. Now that I think about it, her uniform reminds me of Grandis in Nadia.
It's Girlfriends; some people love it, but I find it too cheesy even for yuri. It's by the artist of that one Tsubomi/Itsuki doujin; if you've read that you should have an idea of how cheesy she can be.
Well, I haven't. TIME FOR NONORIRIS

-Horizon-

Yuyushiki 5

Yui and Yukari's childhood together...was...so...freakin...CUTE!

I really liked the ending as well
they'll be together forever.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yuyushiki 5

Great episode. Feels like the show is really starting to pick up steam. Also I've noticed that the show is at it's most entertaining when they aren't in the club room. Weird, that.

Also, why are this week's Aiura and Yuyushiki both so heavily focused on the topic of death? Kinda creepy, heh.

CorvoSol

G Gundam 40-

Oh shit. I'm dying here. This was one of the funniest episodes I've seen in awhile. The death scene is straight out of The Dark Knight Rises. The whole fight was an utter disappointment. Like there isn't any sense of progress in skills and the special is only added to his God Finger. Even the bullshit explosion where afterwards, both mechs look pretty unscratched. They also better have an amazingly good explanation for the brother.

Everything gets even more amazing after this.

Tenumi

Banned
This is the show with Gasai Yuno in it right?

Yup, it is.

My Little Future Diary: Friendship is Death: 09

So yeah, craziness about. Yukki better think twice about what he's getting himself into. After all, everyone knows its a bad idea to stick it in the crazy.

Also,
That guy wasn't a diary owner apparently
. No doubt he'll pop up again.

Okay, so I have an Oreimo question...

The version of S1 Episode 12 that Crunchyroll has up (and thus the one I saw) was labeled [Good End]. But in the first episode of S2, there were things that happened
between Kuroneko and Kyosuke, i.e. DAT KISS
that I didn't actually see. Can someone fill in the blank?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

The version of S1 Episode 12 that Crunchyroll has up (and thus the one I saw) was labeled [Good End]. But in the first episode of S2, there were things that happened

There were 3 or 4 OVA episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
G-Gundam 41-42

ibdTLjNZ32tOTO.jpg

I expected the explanation to be stupid and this exceeded even my expectations. An android really? Also I wonder how the match ups are going to be for the rest of the Devil Gundam Generals. Shit is seemingly getting real but I have no doubt the two will be fine, it's not that kind of a show. Animation is seemingly picking up though.

ik9lcMtmjtKHV.jpg

-Horizon-

Infinite Stratos 5-6

Laura shows up
heterochromia and wears an eye patch? They're just aiming at my weaknesses aren't they?

Yuyushiki 5

She dropped those Jelly Bellies all over the ground D:.

It's finally picking up, and Pinky looks like she's trying to avoid the "Akari~n" or worse than that, the Shiny Luminous fate (she won't at least).

Mushibugyo 5

Jinbei should really take some lesson's from Koikawa and Mugai to properly slash because he still really sucks at using his sword besides using the Hilt to smash things.

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch 3

Hey, this took place on my birthday.

So, I don't get the progression here. It went from January to August to June. I highly doubt there have been 18 months covered over a span of three episodes. Are they just random dates and the stuff that happen on them?

Their teacher is bizarre. Like, she's cool, but also bizarre.

Theonik

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 11-13
Wait what. WHAT? Oh wait what now. AHAHAHAAHAHAH This show.
I am being trolled. THIS IS 2deep4me.
Oh wow. ahahaah
ahaha
ahah
ah
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaahahah
tl;dr: Lovecakes.

Yami Complete

Fuck this bullshit
image.php

Steroyd

Hidamari Sketch 3

So, I don't get the progression here. It went from January to August to June. I highly doubt there have been 18 months covered over a span of three episodes. Are they just random dates and the stuff that happen on them?

Pretty much, for example it'd cover 12 months and bounce the dates covered all over the place.

Overall there is a sense of time being passed for obvious reasons.

There were 3 or 4 OVA episodes.

Wait ... isn't the real story told in the "true end" version ?
So it goes like this :
S1 Ep 12 ( true end ) -> oavs ->S2 ?
Isn't the (good end ) the one that was aired on Tv ?( with the alternate ending )

Jarmel

Banned
G-Gundam 43-

Alright that was epic. Just straight up lifted the fucker. France actually doing something of note. The final shot reminded me of this,

jaws-rifle.jpg

Nafe

I've been busy and haven't really been reading the thread for the past few days so I'm about 30-40 pages behind...

Happy Birthday to pizzaroll.

---

Based on Nafe's listing of anime OTs, Madoka's OT is currently the longest OT for an airing anime series, at a little over 4000 posts. At it's current rate the Attack on Titan OT could surpass that before the show is half over.

That reminds me to post up a slightly updated version of that.

I just realized the JoJo thread linked in that is the community one and not the tv one :(

I think I just saw the OT listing in the thread title and went with that. I'll list the new shows OT you made up when I update the list.

Wait ... isn't the real story told in the "true end" version ?
So it goes like this :
S1 Ep 12 ( true end ) -> oavs ->S2 ?
Isn't the (good end ) the one that was aired on Tv ?( with the alternate ending )

Pretty much. There's an episode 12.5 that leads to the OAVs
where the last part of that episode is different from the TV version of episode 12.

I'll also repeat, OAVs most superior part of the show by far.

Aiura 05

coD7ZvK.png

Rabbit Backpack-kun is not amused.

Pretty much. There's an episode 12.5 that leads to the OAVs
where the last part of that episode is different from the TV version of episode 12.

I'll also repeat, OAVs most superior part of the show by far.
Glad someone else could confirm it.

Anyway i agree the oavs are mostly superior to the S1.

Articalys

Girls und Panzer is now confirmed to be ahead of Anohana in the modern (2000-present) per-volume average sales rankings.

020) *32,467 --,--- ¥*,914m 12 (*6) 2012 Girls und Panzer (4 vol current)
021) *31,523 --,--- ¥1,210m 11 (*6) 2011 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

According to something's analysis, in the long run it will "definitely go ahead of Infinite Stratos (33.8k), probably ahead of Angel Beats (34.1k), and maybe Gundam 00 S2 (34.6k)".

edit: also, "there's got to be at least a 5000 BD shortfall for v1 and 4000 for v2", thanks to the early stock issues... with those added numbers, it might have even had a shot at eclipsing SAO.

Nafe

OK, since I don't think you can edit posts from a previously closed thread, I've updated the Anime OT list to include things like jgminto's OT for School Days, the second OT now for Chet's K-On thread and mentioning that the previously listed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OT was a general series community OT and put up cosmicblizzard's OT for the new show that started airing last fall.

I tried organizing the OTs roughly the season they stated in each year and roughly alphabetically as well for multiple OTs in a season. Most OT's were created in around the season the show aired but I tried to highlight the cases where they were maybe created later.

---

Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann OT
School Days OT (Show originally aired in 2007 but OT was created in 2013)

K-On! OT (Show originally aired in 2009 but OT was created in 2012)
K-On!! OT (K-On! OT2)

Demon Maiden Zakuro(Otome Yokai Zakuro) OT
OreImo OT
Panty & Stocking OT

Winter
Is this a Zombie?(Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?) OT
Wandering Son(Hourou Musuko) OT
Madoka Magica OT

Spring
Deadman Wonderland OT
Dog Days OT
Toriko OT
Hanasaku Iroha OT
Steins;Gate OT

Summer
Mawaru Penguindrum OT
The Idolm@ster TV OT

Fall
Fate/Zero OT
Fairy Tail OT
Future Diary(Mirai Nikki) OT
New Hunter x Hunter OT
Persona 4: The Animation OT
Sket Dance OT

Spring
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean OT
Hyouka OT
Kids on the Slope(Sakamichi no Apollon) OT
Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine OT
Saint Seiya Omega OT
Space Brothers OT
Tsuritama OT
Zetman OT

Fall
From the New World(Shin Sekai Yori) OT
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OT (2012 Show)
Little Busters! OT
Psycho-Pass OT
Sword Art Online OT

Winter
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OT (Series Community Thread)

Spring
Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyoujin) OT
Date A Live OT
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation OT
The Flowers of Evil(Aku no Hana) OT
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet OT
Majestic Prince OT
OreImo Season 2 OT
Valvrave the Liberator OT

Specials

Little Witch Academia OT

Movies

Angel's Egg(Tenshi no Tamago) OT
Evangelion 3.0 OT (Careful, may contain spoilers)
Hells Angels OT
Wolf Children Ame and Yuki(Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki) OT
Resident Evil Damnation OT

Syrinx

I haven't watched Madoka. For a long time I was oblivious to anything happening in anime.

I would watch it soon, but Branduil spoiled
Charlotte (or somebody) dying.
I'm not sure how major a spoiler that is, but I'm not watching until I forget it.

Girls und Panzer is now confirmed to be ahead of Anohana in the modern (2000-present) per-volume average sales rankings.

020) *32,467 --,--- ¥*,914m 12 (*6) 2012 Girls und Panzer (4 vol current)
021) *31,523 --,--- ¥1,210m 11 (*6) 2011 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

According to something's analysis, in the long run it will "definitely go ahead of Infinite Stratos (33.8k), probably ahead of Angel Beats (34.1k), and maybe Gundam 00 S2 (34.6k)".

Wow, I thought it would end up being one of those obscure series no one's ever heard of. I plowed through it last week and found it to be suprisingly fun.

Jarmel

Banned
I haven't watched Madoka. For a long time I was oblivious to anything happening in anime.

I'm not sure how major a spoiler that is, but I'm not watching until I forget it.

That is just the start of the rabbithole. So much suffering to be had.

Shergal

That's not even a spoiler, Charlotte is the name of the second monster of the week in the show

Kazzy

You know nothing!

Oh, really? Maybe I should watch this sooner then.

Yeah, you'd still be going in fresh.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 44-

iQS6iO1HsJHV0.jpg

Well the Schwartz bit was handled better than I expected although they dragged the shit out of the reveal. Rain able to hold her own despite earlier in the series being manhandled by grunts is such bullshit but whatever. I also feel so bad for Allenby. Best girl doesn't deserve to be treated like that. That said, that last bit was so good.

Master Asia duel coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syrinx

It's got great pacing and is perfect for marathoning, if that helps.

I have exams the next couple of days, my viewing is restricted to Hidamari (something simple and pleasant) and playoff hockey. Otherwise, studying.

I'm not starting anything heavy like Madoka or mindfuckery like Arjuna until I'm done.

Necrovex

Easy answer.
The anime covers 2 books properly
And 2 books with changes for the anime. The changes aren't bad. But those are story changes regardless with more events and more characters even if the results are mostly the same)
It's only a big plot hole when you take into consideration events that they didn't adapt.
So i suggest to re-read those
And then the anime take some events from the 6th book ( a 1/3 of it ) and some extra events here and there. Roughly a 1/6 of another book
Regardless, anyone who enjoyed 12 kingdom should read Tonan no tsubasa ( The Aspired Wings )
This book is extremely well done. ( i couldn't put it down even if i already knew the outcome thanks to the anime )

I read the original reason why the show ended was to wait on the source material to expand. So, is there at all a chance that we will ever see another season?

The thought of mixing these two up makes me cry.

I cry about it each time Wonzo makes a Kingdom Gif.

Beck 26 fin

I still hope for another season! One day! BELIEVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom