• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

tumblr_mm8ojqoCGu1s14ntho1_500.gif

Tenumi

Banned
So I picked back up a series I started way back in December but put on hold for a little while.

Future Diary: 08

So,
Dogs with metal teeth or something
? Cool. Also,
four diary owners in one place
. Wonder what this might lead to. Doubtfully something pretty.

How much of the anime encompassed the entirety of the book series? I might watch it and then read the rest if I really dig the show.

Easy answer.
The anime covers 2 books properly
And 2 books with changes for the anime. The changes aren't bad. But those are story changes regardless with more events and more characters even if the results are mostly the same)
It's only a big plot hole when you take into consideration events that they didn't adapt.
So i suggest to re-read those
And then the anime take some events from the 6th book ( a 1/3 of it ) and some extra events here and there. Roughly a 1/6 of another book
Regardless, anyone who enjoyed 12 kingdom should read Tonan no tsubasa ( The Aspired Wings )
This book is extremely well done. ( i couldn't put it down even if i already knew the outcome thanks to the anime )

Mr.Jeff

Wouldnt it be fudanshi ?
My Democratic USA President Can't Be This Fudanshi?! ?

Picture it now, Obama being the tsundere fudanshi to Hilary's world-weary soul.
"Mr President, you shouldn't really be watching this during an important meeting."
"B-Baka Hilary, it's not like I-I wanted to watch it, it just started on it's own!"

My Democratic USA President Can't Be This Fudanshi?! ?

Picture it now, Obama being the tsundere fudanshi to Hilary's world-weary soul.
"Mr President, you shouldn't really be watching this during an important meeting."
"B-Baka Hilary, it's not like I-I wanted to watch it, it just started on it's own!"

It would finally make politics and history actually worth not sleeping through. Id read.

Suite Self-IntroCure 28

SUMMER BREAK IS OVER! But not before Ellen states she wants to go to school.

Silly Ellen, not everything being said is important on how to introduce yourself. And she got worked up to the point of having a terrible night D: Granted being that she has no idea how this works, I expected this to go horribly wrong.

When they said write your name in big letters, that's not what they meant!

2ONZ0.gif

Too long indeed! And then she got surrounded and passes out.

Well that was a successful introduction, minus the passing out part. People were worried for her too! Never got that in Minor Land eh? Too childish.

FIGHTS, and the Fairy Tones are weakening due to working too hard. The voice was revealed to be a Crescendo Tone talking to her, so it's time to go to Major Land!

Surely it'll start to go downhill around here right? It hasn't been too bad so far. Pretty decent actually.

Articalys

I looked again and realized it was a trailer from two and a half weeks ago, which was almost certainly posted here before. Reposting it would only make me look like a fool.

In actual news (still from yesterday, so why the fuck didn't you post it yesterday, ANN), Cars will be attending Anime Expo.

Also, we're allowed to post incredibly not-safe-for-work otaku blog article links now as long as they're properly marked?

Narag

I looked again and realized it was a trailer from two and a half weeks ago, which was almost certainly posted here before. Reposting it would only make me look like a fool.
]

No one would have minded. In fact people on different time zones or not religiously following the thread may have appreciated it.

Jex

shingeki no kyojin / attack on titan - 05

Man, I was looking forward to this ep, too.

The constant interludes rob tension out of any scene.
And those interludes were shit--no one gives a fuck about the primitive politicking they attempted to show here, when it's all just stereotypes being expounded on, the rich man screwing over the poor. Then you have the titan-lesson time that probably should have ended up in one of the two training-arc episodes.

It's not just the tension that's robbed from the episode, it's any sense of pacing. All the momentum built up from the climax of episode is lost within a couple of minutes as the narrative grinds to a halt.

Kagami

Also it's important for the wellbeing of the thread that these are posted:-
The 1920x1080 version leaves something to be desired.

Valvrave 04

This show has the dumb plot and crazy action, but if it wants to be the true successor to Code Geass it needs to seriously up its fanservice. I defy anyone to tell me that
Shoko's stripping
wouldn't have gone much, much farther in Geass.
Yeah it was weird how the guy was freaking out about "put your clothes back on!!" when she'd basically just taken off her blazer and her shirt was still fully on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom