• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Nah; he just says that he is very glad he had a chance to participate in a project dedicated to training the next generation of animators. The ending paragraph is something like "please look forward to both Trigger's and AnimeMirai's future works" but they're probably not the same thing.
I see! Him talking about the deadlines of the next edition and saying to wait for it in that way surprised me at first. Thanks for the clarification, man!

duckroll

Recent Machi☆Asobi vol.10 event (http://www.machiasobi.com/) brings more animemirai project's staff talks to its attendees, so this time Little Witch Academia was a sure protagonist of the edition:

【マチ★アソビ】「トリガー×アニメミライイベント」に吉成曜監督、スーシィ役 村瀬さん、トリガー大塚社長らが登壇し「リトルウィッチアカデミア」制作秘話を語る | トーキョーアニメニュース – TOKYO ANIME NEWS
http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/?p=11067

Apparently, Mr. Yoshinari takes significance of how supportively foreigners received his short film, nice. What I want to know is what he exactly says about the next animemirai edition applications and its timeframe... is he really interested in participating again?

Yoshinari didn't say anything about the applications. The sentences between the direct quotes from the people at the panel are editorial descriptions. The part at the end says that the panel closed with the announcement they're going to continue with Anime Mirai for another year, and they'll be opening applciations on May 1st, and plan to announce the 4 successful studios by the end of May.

Edit: Applications ended on May 1st. Misread.

/XX/

Yoshinari didn't say anything about the applications. The sentences between the direct quotes from the people at the panel are editorial descriptions. The part at the end says that the panel closed with the announcement they're going to continue with Anime Mirai for another year, and they'll be opening applciations on May 1st, and plan to announce the 4 successful studios by the end of May.
Oh... thought those paragraphs were attributed to Mr. Yoshinari. Sorry!

Mobile Suit Gundam (0079)

As a Gundam fan I had to watch the first show eventually. It has aged really well, I'm surprised at its core Gundam is still the same show 3 decades later. The war between the Federation and Zeon is really interesting. I was sympathizing with Zeon, but then the Zarbi family is introduced as the rulers which makes Zeon a dictatorship. I'm making a prediction here: the Zarbi family are evil and they'll negate any sympathy the viewer would have for Zeon's war of independance.

cajunator

Banned
Would move Ledo up to #2 but otherwise I agree, good rankings.

Amy is #1. Put the rest wherever. It matters not.

Each time someone mentions Kingdom is getting another season, I keep thinking of the Twelve Kingdom. And each time I realize it is the shit version of Kingdom, I simply cry. :'-(

I also really need to start on Twelve Kingdom after hearing all of its praises too. Might be time to pick up the first part of it on Blu-Ray.

The thought of mixing these two up makes me cry.

Cancelled. Aniplex budget diverted to Vividred Season 2 instead.

Oh. alright.

Man, what's with all the hentai posts lately? Are things just that slow with regular anime lately or is there something mind blowing about these that I'm missing? Should I expect one of these to crop up as the new Bible Black?

Hentai is everlasting. It never really goes away. Its always right around the corner, watching, waiting.

Well, Mr. Mizushima appears to be a workaholic anyway, but I'm afraid he is going to be hands full for a time with both Girls und Panzer and the new Genshiken.

more GuP and Genshiken is actually even better than more Joshiraku so Im pleased.
I'm greedy though. how about more of all three?

Well we just had a whole page of reactions to this one

and there were two yuri ovas talked about yesterday right? I'm not saying there weren't tons of normal posts as well just that there was a recent uptick in hentai chatter that I was wondering about. Though come to think of it the reaction to one of them merited adding it to the list, was that actually hentai or was I imagining it?

hentai chatter IS normal posting.

The artist does primarily do hentai though, I believe.

And from the looks of it, quite well.

-Horizon-

Infinite Stratos 1-4

Harem backlog time.
Chifuyu-nee <3

Aiura 5

Still wondering what the crab has to do with anything and why this is only a ~4 minute show.

7Th

Wasn't the SSY manga artist an assitant for Super Interesting in the past? The styles are remarkably similar.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Infinite Stratos 1-4

Harem backlog time.
Chifuyu-nee <3
bCZwRfk.png

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm guessing the keepers of the list haven't seen Demon Lord Dante. It is perhaps one of the worst anime I have ever seen. I wonder if it makes more sense in the original japanese. The dub is terrible.

Watch this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBqL-6tomRc

and then look at this spoiler.

It was made in 2002 lol

Soma

All those doujins have slowly made me switch over to the Chifuyu camp.

However I anticipate the introduction of Russia in the new season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All those doujins have slowly made me switch over to the Chifuyu camp.

However I anticipate the introduction of Russia in the new season.

Who doesn't love the
self-aware harem troll
? lol

Is Japan reversing itself. Little sisters now little brothers. What is up with Japan and its incestual fantasies.
Well, Ichika is so asexual that the only woman he's interested in is probably his sister, so it works out!

Mr.Jeff

Best get this out the way first...
The innocence that triumphs. A creator of loli. Cure Jeff!
I have no words.
The idol that overflows. An inspiration of illusions. Cure Mr.Jeff!
Nonsensical but spared from something that hints at a visit from Chris Hansen.

It seems to me that "high school girls living on their own because of fairly nebulous reasons" is a pretty common thing in SOL anime. Can't be having those pesky parents stinking up the joint!
I got the impression that high school was something akin to an earlier version of going to uni/college. Certain schools offer different/better curriculum and rather than relocate the entire family it makes more sense to rent a small apartment outside of a certain distance. Especially if they're from the countryside. Although this is something extrapolated from anime so it's probably way off.

Everyone should watch the Twelve Kingdoms, it's excellent.

The only flaw I can level towards it is that it has two many recap episodes, something like 4 out of 44 or whatever which might have been useful during the initial tv broadcast but is annoying on a home release where you're watching the whole series at a much quicker pace.
I'd probably agree with this but the only other flaw I could really (perhaps unfairly) nail it with is that it simply ends. I remember there was a reason for it but it's still pretty upsetting to have the unfinished storylines hanging about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom