• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

You can get other kinds of pizza in Chicago! Once had an amazing square cut there myself.

My uncle said the best pizza he had when he lived in Chicago for a short time was at a Little Caesar's. He did not much care for the Chicago style.

I liked the deep-dish I had there, for what that's worth.

Man, it feels like I've been backlog marathoning anime forever. The plan was to wait the season out, find out whatever was considered good, then marathon that! But instead of avoiding the pain of waiting every week for new stuff I just end up wanting to watch tons of things and feel like I'm waiting months for it so screw it I'm watching the current stuff.

Aiura 1-5

It's no Encouragement of climb or Senyuu but I'll take it! Doesn't hurt that I freaking love the taste of crab and less than a minute in this show already gives me a new wallpaper. It's weird that the elementary school kid thing never gets brought up again, missed opportunity. Teacher is freaking great, Sugita's voice is a pleasant surprise (Gintama, Kyon), I'm jealous of Saki's room, episode 5 is the best so far, and I wonder if there will be antics with the class rep. Now I have to suffer and wait a week but damn, it feels good man, feels real good.

image.php

That's what they're aiming for.

Thoraxes

My uncle said the best pizza he had when he lived in Chicago for a short time was at a Little Caesar's. He did not much care for the Chicago style.

I liked the deep-dish I had there, for what that's worth.

I think being raised here... I just hate pizza from anywhere else except maybe NY.

Your uncle probably did not go to the right place(s).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't even know if I've ever had some kind of gourmet regional pizza. Fuck tha midwest.

Weirdly enough, my father did that when he was younger.

I started eating pizza with a fork after I kept burning the fuck out of the roof of my mouth to the point that I would have strings of flesh dangling from my hard palate. Granted, I have some kind of faulty jaw thing only lets me open my mouth 2-3 inches, but cutting pizza with a knife and fork's no different than any other food that wasn't designed to be crammed in your mouth in one bite.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
There's something about the taste that is just super off. It's why I was sad when I lived away from home when I did my undergrad because the stuff out there was bad.
It's probably because I'm a Hawaiian pizza fan. Neither of the big cities understand its glory!

Jarmel

Banned
G-Gundam 46

You literally just see your predecessor fail and almost have it wipe out all life on Earth. What about this makes it such a good idea as to try again? How fucking stupid do you have to be in order to say "This sounds like a good idea. Let's try this again". Also Saici laying down hard truths.

One thing about this series though, it really doesn't know when to end arcs. The Wong bit is so unnecessary.

Necrovex

Oh, I just found out that the Steins;Gate film was actually released last month. Did anyone get the chance to see it? I read Kotaku's thought, and they dug it (but they also loved Sword Art Online's second season, so their creditability is more than skeptical).

Lain

Gargantia 5

Fun little episode that felt completely useless.

Red Data Girl 8

I'm not sure I understand
the whole God business behind that rock
but I liked that
Izumiko's mom made a brief appearance.

Cardfight!! Vanguard Asia Circuit 96 (eng dub)
the_great_bachelor_kamui_by_tristtrist-d64hxtp.gif

Rather really silly match with Bachelor Kamui and Nagisa (yuck), but at least he got to use a new epic and awesome card and show off his great spin. Three times and even double spin at times which I cant even begin to realize how its even possible to spin two cards at once midair. I wish I could spin irl too. Anyway Im glad their fast tracking through some matches, I guess the writers dont want to drag this out with obvious results.

jgminto

Is the Hawaiian pizza the pizza with the pineapples and...what else...ham?

I've never had Hawaiian pizza.

cheese and tomato sauce.

Pineapple just makes things better. There's this burger at KFC in Aus with pineapple on it. It's the best burger I've ever had.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hawaiian pizza is shit if it comes from a big pizza chain because they all use disgusting salty rubbery ham slices and mushy pineapple chunks but it's p. amazing if it actually uses high-quality ham and is actually allowed to bake long enough for the pineapple to caramelize.

Damn, I think I have to go somewhere for some gourmet pizza next week.

Jarmel

Banned
G-Gundam 47-

They're going to drag this out aren't they? They overplayed their hand way too early. Also if reviving the Devil Gundam was so easy, why didn't Wong do it? Wong had access to the same data along with Allenby and the Devil Gundam. There isn't any reason why Wong shouldn't have pulled this off.

Also metal boobs.

rpmurphy

gdgd fairies S1+2

Just finished this up. It hit the spot for silly and light humor for me, and after a while, I kinda warmed up to the 3D art even. The VAs switching between their characters and themselves in the pool segments was great.

S2 I think was a bit weaker in the pool segments, and the sound effect segments were hit or miss, but the skits were good and all the references were cute. I chuckled at the last episode's references to the winter season shows, and "バー部" totally got me.

I'd be up for a S3 if there'd be one.

Can't decide on best gdgd though, but if really put on the spot, I guess I'd say shrshr. Her "piku-chwuan" gets me every time! Fusako gets honorable mention, of course.

gdgd fairies S1+2

Just finished this up. It hit the spot for silly and light humor for me, and after a while, I kinda warmed up to the 3D art even. The VAs switching between their characters and themselves in the pool segments was great.

S2 I think was a bit weaker in the pool segments, and the sound effect segments were hit or miss, but the skits were good and all the references were cute. I chuckled at the last episode's references to the winter season shows, and "バー部" totally got me.

I'd be up for a S3 if there'd be one.

Can't decide on best gdgd though, but if really put on the spot, I guess I'd say shrshr. Her "piku-chwuan" gets me every time! Fusako gets honorable mention, of course.

YES! Someone else who watched this great show. You other folks really need to embrace your MMD future. It's also hard for me to pick a best gdgd, it's a toss up between krkr and shrshr for me with pkpk being a definite but not too far behind third.

So I was eating lunch with one of my 6th grade classes, and I noticed a normally quiet girl reading a book. I went to ask her what it was, but she she put her hand on the cover, telling her friend that there was no way I'd recognize it.

I managed to take a peek at the cover, and realized it was Nichijou. I had a tiny freak out and discovered that she's a massive Nichijou fan who owns all the books and manga, has CDs and stickers and shit. We totally bonded over our love for that show. I think she and I are gonna be getting along just fine from now on.

Soma

So I was eating lunch with one of my 6th grade classes, and I noticed a normally quiet girl reading a book. I went to ask her what it was, but she she put her hand on the cover, telling her friend that there was no way I'd recognize it.

I managed to take a peek at the cover, and realized it was Nichijou. I had a tiny freak out and discovered that she's a massive Nichijou fan who owns all the books and manga, has CDs and stickers and shit. We totally bonded over our love for that show. I think she and I are gonna be getting along just fine from now on.

Ultimadrago IRL after reading this:

HoLz2ND.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom