• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

FqeNFf9.jpg

Never seen this posted anywhere.

You're kidding?

Suite Precure 34

This image was probably the only thing worth truly noting on a good point.
THANKS CURE MUSE, YOU FUCKED THINGS UP!

Mephisto appears to fight, and the Precure have trouble, but manage to overcome him. Just as he was about to be beaten, Cure Muse gets in the way to protect him, and thus he steals their notes

God fucking damn it.

CorvoSol

Gargantia 5

Lololololol poor Leto. It's like Ed, Edd n Eddy running from the Kanker Sisters all day. Also isn't Amy a little young to be wearing a swim suit that constantly shows her butt crack? And MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMaybe I'll have to switch to Team Ridget here on out. Maybe.

mAcOdIn

Gargantia 5

Lololololol poor Leto. It's like Ed, Edd n Eddy running from the Kanker Sisters all day. Also isn't Amy a little young to be wearing a swim suit that constantly shows her butt crack? And MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMaybe I'll have to switch to Team Ridget here on out. Maybe.
Working theory:
Society devolved enough to a state where mid teens are once again part of the working class and are more or less adults, hence our notion of an adult doesn't apply there.

Truth, it's for fanservice to the audience and they never worried about the why on the production team.

Honestly, I watched the episode and didn't even notice. Further in that kind of climate with the types of clothes they're constantly wearing I don't think anyone would or should give a shit.

-The theme is "ruthless sword-fighting action in an all-girls high school" but focused on CHARACTER DRAMA
-A transfer student wielding a weird sword that looks like half-scissors arrives at a school ruled by power and starts causing trouble.
-The main characters are heroine Ryuuko and rival Satsuki. Ryuuko's theme is "UNIFORM X REVENGE", Satsuki's theme is "UNIFORM X DOMINATION". The heart of the show is their relationship and rivalry.
-They were very specific in saying that both Ryuuko and Satsuki are the "protagonists" and that "their rivalry is what drives the entire series".
-Satsuki rules the school with the power of her uniform and Ryuuko opposes her. The main drama is created betwen these two characters.
-The show has two sides to it: BATTLE MANGA and CHARACTER DRAMA. It is set to run for 2-cours (24-26 episodes).
-Release date unannounced.

Yay another all girl high school anime with hints of lesbian love. Its not like we have never had that before.

The only reason I would watch this is if it has really good fights which I highly doubt.

CorvoSol

Working theory:
Society devolved enough to a state where mid teens are once again part of the working class and are more or less adults, hence our notion of an adult doesn't apply there.

Truth, it's for fanservice to the audience and they never worried about the why on the production team.

Honestly, I watched the episode and didn't even notice. Further in that kind of climate with the types of clothes they're constantly wearing I don't think anyone would or should give a shit.

I dunno, I mean, nobody else had their crack fallin' out of their bathing suit.

mAcOdIn

I dunno, I mean, nobody else had their crack fallin' out of their bathing suit.
I just find it amusing that you almost hinted at wanting to hear an in universe answer to why her crack was showing. Maybe the last time they found a sunken JC Penny she was only able to get a size too big? I don't know!

But the real answer is I'm sure someone on the staff just wanted it shown, you can divine why.

Branduil

Yay another all girl high school anime with hints of lesbian love. Its not like we have never had that before.

The only reason I would watch this is if it has really good fights which I highly doubt.

I think it's safe to say the action will be pretty good.

I'd be much more worried about the CHARACTER DRAMA thing, since this is Imaishi. There's only one show I think of when I think of IMAISHI, CHARACTER DRAMA, and FIGHTING SCHOOLGIRLS.

Suite What the fuckCure 35

Major Plot Revelations
No screencaps this time.

Now, I remember making a theory back then based on my first 5 episode impressions regarding Mephisto
That in some way, he might turn heel because his look made me think he wasn't truly evil. The last part seems to come true. Cure Beat remembers the headphones she wore when her heart was returning to normal, and noticed Mephisto was also wearing them. By than standard, you can also imply that Trio The Minor are also brainwashed by someone else

Now then, for the contents..... fuck me like a cartoon, whhhhy. The reveal of who Muse was was stupid, the moment she stripped she looked fucking stupid. I mean don't get me wrong, the mask gave her a Purple ass Zora impression, but god damn.

HEY GUYS, CURE MUSE IS MEPHISTO'S SEED, AND SHE'S ALSO AKO/AKUP, the character who can go eat a mufflemuffle for all I care.
ELLEN, IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU, BUT NOW YOUR SCREENTIME IS BEING REALLOCATED!

This is it! THIS IS WHERE THINGS WILL GO HORRIBLY WRONG, even though Hibiki was channeling her inner Nagisa/Saki and hogging the spotlight anyway. Fuuuuuuuuck.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think it's safe to say the action will be pretty good.

I'd be much more worried about the CHARACTER DRAMA thing, since this is Imaishi. There's only one show I think of when I think of IMAISHI, CHARACTER DRAMA, and FIGHTING SCHOOLGIRLS.
Nakashima is on writing duty, so I think it's safe to say this is probably closer to Gurren Lagann than Black Rock Shooter.

Okay here's what we know about Kill La Kill so far.

It's a 2-cours battle action show set in an all girls high school. The main characters are Ryuuko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuuin. Satsuki is a transfer student who carries a one handed longsword and believes that might makes right. She attempts to subjugate the school body using her strength. Ryuuko is the one who stands in her way, and seems to be driven by revenge.

Originally the plan was to make a pure battle manga sort of series set in a highschool, with the main character beating rival after rival in combat. After Nakashima compled about 4 episodes worth of scripts, Imaishi probably got bored of it because he decided to trash everything. The series has apparently since been changed to focus on character drama instead. The rivalry between the two main characters will be a major driving force.

Doesnt really live up to the hype and sounds pretty dull. Beating rival after rival would have made it somewhat interesting so am baffled why they changed the focus.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So the first Kill-La-Kill PV should be coming on the 25th, right? Imaishipocalypse never ends.
Doesnt really live up to the hype and sounds pretty dull. Beating rival after rival would have made it somewhat interesting so am baffled why they changed the focus.
Would you say the same thing if the rivals were dudes instead of girls?

Articalys

I'd at least expect another short teaser this weekend with the new art from the Newtype spread, since that's what they did last time.

Also, I'm going to start abbreviating it KLK and pray that I never mistype that second letter.

Gargantia 5

I understand this is the fanservice episode but this is just straight up lewd. This girl is meant to be 14 right.

I'm not sure if these are even SFW. Someone tell me if they are not please.

Would you say the same thing if the rivals were dudes instead of girls?

I dunno if its because of the anime I've watched but the reason an all girl high school does not sound great to me in a fighting show is because most of these shows will have a lot of fanservice. If this is going to be one of those shows which focuses on the fights/relations instead of how the girls look when they fight then I am all up for it.

First 5 minutes of Suite Precure 36

Major plot spoilers

Aphrodite is Ako's mother, which means Mephisto and Aphrodite did the tango. The father of both Aphrodite and Mephisto is Otokichi

2PbDi.gif

jgminto

I dunno if its because of the anime I've watched but the reason an all girl high school does not sound great to me in a fighting show is because most of these shows will have a lot of fanservice. If this is going to be one of those shows which focuses on the fights/relations instead of how the girls look when they fight then I am all up for it.
Well LWA had no fanservice and that was awesome.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Why would it?
I was under the impression that there was an Imaishi event on the 25th, but now I can't find the source. lol
Why ask questions you already know the answer to?
I just like being a dick.
I think that's a perfectly valid reason to be skeptical, but in the case of DTL it's rarely that well thought out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
She dropped those Jelly Bellies all over the ground D:.
Including what looks like a Top Banana (the best flavour). Truly scandalous!

I think I just found firehawk's worst nightmare.

5 Love Lessons From Sword Art Online

Hahahaha.
Did they even watch the show? There's nothing about taking advantage of your bed ridden brother, impregnating yourself with his seed and then greeting him with lustful eyes when he wakes up.

Do you like pie?
iEaP5ijHTXiFm.gif

It's Kill-La-Kill, not Killer Kill.
Should have been Kill
Me Baby

kill me baby s2.
See dimb knows what I'm talking about.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yuyushiki 5

vfBaHJ2.jpg

Man the end of this show got rather depressive. I'm here to watch silly girls do silly things, not listen to such a melancholic chitchat.

At least it was made up for with this funny scene:

vfBaHJ2.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 077
There's no purer form of love than pro-wrestling. Oh, the doujin ideas I have. Speaking of which, I think this was Naru and Umino's first appearance since the filler arc. Usagi is a huge jerk to her old friends.
Thank God that stupid breakup arc is over. Mamoru is still a bit of a douche, but at least now I don't have to endure Usagi's dumb pining for him.
Oh yeah, random Minako fanservice. Next episode sounds fucking amazing.

duckroll

I was under the impression that there was an Imaishi event on the 25th, but now I can't find the source. lol

Pretty sure it's just a Gurren Lagann promo event. Aniplex almost never bothers waiting for "events" to release trailers. They just put them up on the site.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nyaruko-san W has four EDs now over five episodes. Weird. They're pretty low quality but it's kind of interesting/admirable. It only took Xebec four tries to make one I kind of liked.

Articalys

Oh, apparently one of the spreads in Newtype is an outright confirmation of Chuunibyou season 2 (since the earlier teaser hinted heavily at it, but never explicitly said it was for a second season).

edit: and now the Chu2 twitter is hyping up an announcement on the official site at midnight tomorrow (Japan time), which in a world without Newtype leaks, would be a (still predictable) mystery.

Conan-san

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 077

There's no purer form of love than pro-wrestling. Oh, the doujin ideas I have. Speaking of which, I think this was Naru and Umino's first appearance since the filler arc. Usagi is a huge jerk to her old friends.
Thank God that stupid breakup arc is over. Mamoru is still a bit of a douche, but at least now I don't have to endure Usagi's dumb pining for him.

Oh yeah, random Minako fanservice. Next episode sounds fucking amazing.
This is like the seasond wrestling gag this season. I almost expect Kinkuman to pop up out of nowhere. I mean are there bad boys from outer space? Are they going to body slam the human race?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oh, apparently one of the spreads in Newtype is an outright confirmation of Chuunibyou season 2 (since the earlier teaser hinted heavily at it, but never explicitly said it was for a second season).
So...I don't really understand the release schedule for KyoAni. Is Beyond the Boundary still a thing? Where does that fit in between Chuu2-2 and Free?

uuuh huuuh.

Suite Precure 36 part 2 END part 2

And that's that. The real villain appears, and apparently
Falsetto becomes the new leader, becoming more sinistar than he appears. They're working towards reviving Noise. Mephisto is no longer evil. Trio the Minor still exists

What started off with fear gave me warmth and the grace of Ellen, whose curiosity provided gags of entertainment to make her adorable. Not as adorable as Tsubomi mind you, but she still qualifies. She had her character development in order to fully feel like she was part of the group. However having the God Tune show up slowly shifted the spotlight more to Hibiki since she was the only one to hear it. I guess in a way this is one of those character shift issues that was noted once a new character joins the cast, and I assume part of it is due to it being the closest to the first three series in regards to character set up. I would like to go more on spotlight shift, but I should probably save that either after I finish Suite, or after Smile, since then I'll be done with the entire franchise san Doki Doki.

So I guess the beginning was fine, the middle was a forewarning to spotlight shift, the end of the second "season" of this show just became stupid, primarily because of the end of 35 and the first few minutes of 36.

As for the OP, it contained movie spoilers, which will actually be the next thing to watch before continuing with the series, because APPARENTLY it is actually relevant (or chronologically) slotted between 36 and 37, so it's like a transitional movie or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom