• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Reverse Maou-sama on multiple levels?
yes

mirai22.jpg

Steroyd

Every season I just randomly pick one show thats just out of my interests to watch just to explore anime diversity. I guess I stuck with it because it had great action moments (explosions and lots of them) and music though it did get too yuri~ish at times.

This is what I don't get, I remember you liking Symphogear despite the yuri-ish nature of it because the action scenes made up for it, and it also had character drama to, so why you're labeling Kill la Kill dull and unappealing already when all we've seen is a description and a magazine scan is a bit inconsistent.

On a whole I think it's just strange that you explore anime diversity, like it, then slink back to your rigid ways afterwards.

fertygo

This is what I don't get, I remember you liking Symphogear despite the yuri-ish nature of it because the action scenes made up for it, and it also had character drama to, so why you're labeling Kill la Kill dull and unappealing already when all we've seen is a description and a magazine scan is a bit inconsistent.

On a whole I think it's just strange that you explore anime diversity, like it, then slink back to your rigid ways afterwards.

To be fair he only commenting the premise, we here not too hot about that either if only for that theme.

We excited because SAKUGASAKUGASAKUGA that Trigger gonna provide.

Articalys

No new games in the Media Create sales charts this week. Let's check up and see how the ongoing sales are for the anime-related games in the top 20:

05./27. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800) - 15.094 / 177.157
07./09. [PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.04.18} (¥7.480) - 12.096 / 117.593 (-32%)
12./07. [PSV] PhotoKano Kiss <SLG> (Kadokawa Games) {2013.04.25} (¥7.140) - 8.632 / 38.804 (-71%)
16./14. [3DS] Detective Conan: Marionette Symphony <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.04.25} (¥5.480) - 6.061 / 15.326 (-35%)
18./21. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥8.190) - 5.969 / 389.990
19./05. [PS3] Steins;Gate: Senkei Kousoku no Phonogram # <ADV> (5pb.) {2013.04.25} (¥7.140) - 5.144 / 39.436 (-85%)

/XX/

IMAISHI NEWS
Title: Killer Kill (confirmed)
Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi (well, duh)
Series Composition/Script: Kazuki Nakashima (unconfirmed)
Character Design: Sushio (unconfirmed)
Production: Trigger (well, duh)
If Nakashima and Sushio are real...
Sushio's own Momoiro Clover Z show with him as a director will have to wait some more, right 7Th?

Lets see if someone takes the bait dropped by Manuloz, asking for confirmation on how it is actually romanized the title, and they end up slipping some additional details... because Newtype magazine established release date is the 10th, and I'm not sure they would put more data out officially before that....

survivor

Banned
Story details for KILL-LA-KILL:

RIVALS = LOVERS IN BATTLE MANGA; YURI CONFIRMED. SHOW OF THE YEAR, ALL YEARS.

The character design posted was good, but these story details don't really interest me that much. At the very least if I end up not liking the first 2 episodes, I will just watch the sakuga videos instead.

cajunator

Banned
The American version has issues with the Japanese dub IIRC

see also: every single Sentai release.

Still, they are the reason why I even have a bunch of anime titles like Place to Place, Bodacious Space Pirates, and PenguinDrum so I cant fault them that much.

7Th

The character design posted was good, but these story details don't really interest me that much. At the very least if I end up not liking the first 2 episodes, I will just watch the sakuga videos instead.

It's an action-drama story about fierce high-school girls that focuses on the rivalry of the two protagonists; that's pretty much all the "story details" they have given so far. But I feel that the rough, stylized character designs and the self-declared emphasis on characterization make it interesting and exciting. I mean, the only relatively comparable show I can think of right now is Senran Kagura... but the overall tone of the project give them completely different vibes that make all similarities merely superficial.

Jarmel

Banned
Will watch Chuu2 S2 for more Rikka in pain sounds.

http://auaurikka.web.fc2.com/

I love the Internet. This brings me much joy.

Oh, apparently one of the spreads in Newtype is an outright confirmation of Chuunibyou season 2 (since the earlier teaser hinted heavily at it, but never explicitly said it was for a second season).

edit: and now the Chu2 twitter is hyping up an announcement on the official site at midnight tomorrow (Japan time), which in a world without Newtype leaks, would be a (still predictable) mystery.

Ugh. I think I'm going to throw up if that is their Fall show.

Jarmel

Banned
It definitely is; KyoAni gave up in 2013.

Well it depends on when they started pre-production wouldn't it? KnK has probably been in the kitchen longer but Chuu2 has a quicker turnaround. If they weren't expecting to make a sequel and Chuu2's popularity made them decide otherwise, I could see it being a Winter or Spring show.

7Th

I dig the art, but I'm not sure what the big deal is. Could anyone fill me in?

Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren-Lagann, Panty & Stocking)
Series Composition/Writer: Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren-Lagann)
Character Designer: Sushio (Kittan Zero, One Piece Movie 6)

/XX/

I didn't know this when I made the previous post referencing the possibility (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57063518&postcount=7689), but there really were more units of the animemirai Blu-ray Disc release being on sale for the Machi&#9734;Asobi vol.10 event...

... 100 in total, and other 100 are going to be reserved for mail order in an opportunity that I'm sure is going to be a battle of early birds (http://www.animemirai.jp/news.php?p=157).

Using early Alabasta arc as an example is maybe a tricky one... you just give some extra weeks for Naoki Tate to work on cuts from Luffy VS. Crocodile and it kind of results in a different impression overall!

Looks like Newtype also has also a staff confirmation and key visual for previously announced light novel adaptation *takes a breath* Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. (I Didn't Become A Hero, So I Reluctantly Looked For A Part-Time Job). The plot summary, if you've (likely, as I did) forgotten about it:

Director: Kinji Yoshimoto (Genshiken 2, a few Queen's Blade series)
Series Composition: Masashi Suzuki (Oda Nobuna, Sacred Blacksmith)
Character Design: Tetsuya Takeuchi
Studio: Asread (Mirai Nikki)

If ANN didn't seem to be having a complete site failure right now, I'm sure they'd have an article I could link to, but this'll have to do for now. Crunchyroll is an adequate source instead.

All my hype.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I was eating lunch with one of my 6th grade classes, and I noticed a normally quiet girl reading a book. I went to ask her what it was, but she she put her hand on the cover, telling her friend that there was no way I'd recognize it.

I managed to take a peek at the cover, and realized it was Nichijou. I had a tiny freak out and discovered that she's a massive Nichijou fan who owns all the books and manga, has CDs and stickers and shit. We totally bonded over our love for that show. I think she and I are gonna be getting along just fine from now on.

qNyHrjMl.gif

your story brought tears to my eyes. im glad you have great students with great taste.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh, apparently one of the spreads in Newtype is an outright confirmation of Chuunibyou season 2 (since the earlier teaser hinted heavily at it, but never explicitly said it was for a second season).

edit: and now the Chu2 twitter is hyping up an announcement on the official site at midnight tomorrow (Japan time), which in a world without Newtype leaks, would be a (still predictable) mystery.

Yes!

Cant wait for this, was definitely the best thing KyoAni has done in a while. Looking forward to this and Free.

I read the original reason why the show ended was to wait on the source material to expand. So, is there at all a chance that we will ever see another season?
No.
There is material for either a couple of oav and enough thing to do 13 episode but the current arc isn't finished.Besides The thing kinda lost momentum since then and the author hasn't outputted anything new.
They are great reads, but We have this big arc across 3 books and we're missing the last part.

Story details for KILL-LA-KILL:

RIVALS = LOVERS IN BATTLE MANGA; YURI CONFIRMED. SHOW OF THE YEAR, ALL YEARS.
SO FREAKING APPROVED.

Inject it into my vains. Hoping we'll get some great designs out of it.

Yay another all girl high school anime with hints of lesbian love. Its not like we have never had that before.

The only reason I would watch this is if it has really good fights which I highly doubt.

I can already imagine the piles of doujins at comiket.
I'M READY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom