• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maken-Ki! - 01

1. I love it with they give details to a girl's lips. Super sexy.

2. I want dat Principal. Please tell me she'll get more attention
fanservice
in the following episodes or specials.

3. I found my OTP of the show. High class nobility + tomboyish hothead = amazing hatesex.

Oh and fanservice? This is Vividred tier and then some(super nsfw)

Anyway, decent pilot. Even though we're stuck with a male MC who all the girls will eventually pine for, he's not the most annoying I've come across. Kudos on that I suppose. :lol (
I'm going to regret saying this, aren't I?
)
The principal is a pretty important character, she's in every episode I think.
Though she's almost never in her suit, not that I'm complaining though.

wonzo

Banned
I wonder how long(hehh) it'll be until Oniichan no Koto ga Suki Sugite Nyan Nyan Shitai Burakon Imouto dakedo Sunao ni Narenai no (I love big brother very much so I'll be nyan-nyan, and I can't be honest even though I'm a little sister with a brocon) gets an anime of its own.

Saya is an average schoolgirl in every way but one; she's got a HUGE crush on her older brother. She's never been able to raise any flags with him (mostly due to her habit of beating him to a pulp whenever she sees him), but one day, she wakes up in the body of a cat that he brought home! Could this be her chance to make her beloved older brother fall for her?

Jarmel

Banned
I wonder how long(hehh) it'll be until Oniichan no Koto ga Suki Sugite Nyan Nyan Shitai Burakon Imouto dakedo Sunao ni Narenai no (I love big brother very much so I'll be nyan-nyan, and I can't be honest even though I'm a little sister with a brocon) gets an anime of its own.

618px-ACatIsFineToo.png

My Suite Precure Movie Can't Possibly Be This Kanon 1st ten minutes impression

get it, cuz the town name is Kanon

Fuck your Miracle Light pandering.

Apparently, after being rescued, Mephisto became a pervert and tried to go through Kanade's window, and promptly got arrested. ACKo and Company rushes off to get him bailed. He apparently wanted to see Souta since he's been occupying his little Aughko while he was away. Apparently telling Souta that she's returning pissed him off, and not surprising when she does it with little tact. Dat Souta x Ughko pairing. Shit apparently went down in Major Land because they get bombarded with Noise Cancelling (honk honk) and get sent a dead dove in a paper bag.

I don't know what I expected.

Silly Ellen, wearing this for some odd reason.

Just throw a bunch of shit into a blender and make a light novel. I can't wait until procedurally generated light novels become a thing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Onii-chan takes his newly-adopted cat to be spayed. The end.

My Suite Precure Movie Can't Possibly Be This Kanon 1st ten minutes impression

I don't know what I expected.

Get ready for a disgusting amount of deja vu once you hit the endgame.

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch 5

Yeah. Yeah. Oh yeah.
What condition my condition was in

Worst part of being sick are those dreams on the first night of being sick where shit feels real and you feel sick and you can't distinguish between reality and your dream. I remember one time it felt like my stomach was exploding and I laid there as I hallucinated all sorts of people walking by (including one on a horse), and I wanted to ask for some medicine or a painkiller or something but every time I opened my mouth nothing would come out. Shit sucked.

Novid

Banned
Well, I have to do a bit of self promotion these days but I do have to say this is pretty much the end for me on this thread. Not that it is fun or anything - but I have to move on. I don't want to stay in a place like I said before that considers me "crazy" for saying I believe animation is the greatest thing since the space program. I was personally offended, quite honestly and unlike that poster who made those comments - I will keep my personal opinions about him to myself.

That being said I have two links to show you folks. Their both from Jerry Becks site and the both deal with the thread at hand:

Fred Patten on Outrageous Anime: http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/outrageous-anime/
And Charles Brubaker on the Little Lulu anime (1970's) http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/little-lulu-anime/

They do a anime topic every two weeks or so. Tends to be more historical.

But that's what I am, a historian - and I don't like what I see. Its sad to see it happen this way but what can I do?

These days im doing other things, Toonami Gaf Podcast may be down for now but that doesn't mean to sit down and do nothing (im always busy) so im doing a few other things - like the new podcast toontrends for one, and will be doing work for that new fangled Medium website as well as another site I will mention soon. I also am trying to get TV production set up for the future - and maybe do something similar to what Axe Cop is doing not just for little kids but for older kids as well.

I feel that the very latter is the only way animation will survive the coming trials. If animation is going to be pigeonholed back in to a children's "ghetto" as it were, at least get children to WRITE or better yet storyboard for animation/cartooning? And not Saban or Kahn, or PedoCrunchy to dictate where the business will go. That's a joke and it cannot continue.

So I leave you guys to your fawning. Whenever the dude wants to get a western animation thread up in OT ill be the first one there. But now, ill be lurking here on the thread and make silly comments about CBS and Les Moonves - on that TV Pilot board - and hell I might even do some cheering for Sony for E3. Ill be everywhere but here.

Be Seeing You.

-Horizon-

...huh.

This kind of reminds of that upcoming anime where the guy is reincarnated as a dog. Minus the incest.

Syrinx

Are they even trying with this shit?

AKB0048 - 06
This show is becoming more and more a guilty pleasure :)

Let me protect you ! You're my very first hater !

Congrats ! way to spin negatives into positives lol

A lol at those "NO IDOLS ALLOWED" logos.Impressive design !

And why the hell does this show have hearts plasterred on everything ? Hair, eyes, clothes, tools , food even ! WHAT THE HELL ?

And even Fan clubs have their mechas and are participating in battle !!
I've seen everything !!! i'll go to sleep perfectly tonight. The rest will wait ... this is too much for my mind .

GLORIOUS IDOL CULTURE

Ps: "Haters are kind !" o_O

WHAT

Kagami

Maken-Ki might be the worst, most insultingly terrible show that I actually forced myself to sit through and watch beginning to end.

And yeah, that's why I don't hatewatch stuff very often... it results in watching things like that.

Longer, the titles must be longer!

Chichi ga Loli na Mono de

Will watch.

It's silly how the title doesn't match the plot whatsoever.

Suite Precure Movie Mid Point

We've come full circle on a family of assholes (2 of them being possessed). Ako mocks her father. Good to know she sucks still. Now I can't possibly be heel turned. Afrodate stole the music, which means possession, Akup gets captured and Mephisto is trying to sing to free her. Meanwhile, Hibiki shows no tact and pisses off a little girl, they get attacked by bishonen guys, and now they're ready to fight in the castle

Well I'm getting there I guess. Seems like this series has the most assholes in it.

Maken-Ki might be the worst, most insultingly terrible show that I actually forced myself to sit through and watch beginning to end.

And yeah, that's why I don't hatewatch stuff very often... it results in watching things like that.

I actually preferred it over Samurai Girls.
And I'm more excited for season 2 because it's being animated by Xebec more than anything else.

Jarmel

Banned
Turn-A Gundam- 7

ibd3TsONcETACL.jpg

tumblr_m1cikwvjBs1qmoxx7.gif

The worst part is I'm not sure whether his outfit or the fact that I'm watching a trap in the making is worse.

Why though? Why do they need the pilot of the mustache Gundam to be a female?

Suite Precure The Movie End

God DAMN it they did it again!

Aphrodite is saved from HOWLING, final boss fight, MIRACLE LIGHT BITCHES, and... and.... WHY the fuck is Cure Melody the only one who gets upgraded into god mode?! Same shit happened in GoGo and Fresh movies, but what the fuck. Oh, but they teamed up with other friends, THAT'S NOT THE POINT. She got the spotlight again. It's like... totally against the spirit of Pretty Cure. Fuck Miracle lights by the way.

Cure Muse was practically a Shiny Luminous throughout the movie, didn't even transform until 50 minutes into the movie. ALL YOU DID WAS GET CAPTURED FOR A WHILE, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN GOOD FOR?

But hey, in the end, Ellen was still wearing a kimono.

I think the movie sort of felt like my latest summary for episode 25-36, I'm not sure if it's on the same level of stupidity as the last two episodes, but eh. I really hope the Single Spotlight Cure trend stops in the movies. The fights weren't that entertaining either. Maaan. It's like the trainwreck status had to hit the movie as well :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom