• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Maken-Ki! - 01

c5NcPtd.png
9zy5YpI.png

oGwHq2c.png
cfqT2JG.png

1. I love it with they give details to a girl's lips. Super sexy.

2. I want dat Principal. Please tell me she'll get more attention
fanservice
in the following episodes or specials.

3. I found my OTP of the show. High class nobility + tomboyish hothead = amazing hatesex.

Oh and fanservice? This is Vividred tier and then some(super nsfw)

Anyway, decent pilot. Even though we're stuck with a male MC who all the girls will eventually pine for, he's not the most annoying I've come across. Kudos on that I suppose. :lol (
I'm going to regret saying this, aren't I?
)

Sparrow's Hotel 5 (Golden Week)

And back to the dull episodes and cramming to many different things in one. I guess it was loosely tied together with Golden Week but still, too much.

Saint Seiya Omega 56

The concept was just way too silly and kind of unbelievable. Would anyone honestly buy the story at all?
Haruto becoming a rock band vocalist, really?
Thankfully, Koga and Subaru are providing on numerous fronts and made it a blast, theyre friendship and bonding is cool and such and I love their support of one another. Oh and the Pallasite here was really cool.

cajunator

Banned
Bubblegum Crisis 02

The OP for this one was ever better than Hurricane though 80s cheese still holds a dear place in my heart. Pretty damn good, not as sakuga heavy as the first episode though.

Riding Bean (rewatch)
Still awesome. Shame that's all there is and the series plans never panned out.
Gunsmith Cats awesome as it was is not enough consolation and that was too short too.

Suddenly. People watching classic godlike anime.
this makes my heart happy.
happy Cajun.
Im squeeing.
these are shows that will NEVER leave my collection.

Anyway, decent pilot. Even though we're stuck with a male MC who all the girls will eventually pine for, he's not the most annoying I've come across. Kudos on that I suppose. :lol (
)

Never seen the anime, but the main dude doesn't really get better or worse with the exception of one scene where he does something ridiculously badass. The anime definitely didn't get that far, though. Maybe season 2 will.

AKB0048 - 02
They don't just sing dance and look cute , it's more than that !

I'm beggining to wonder what am i watching ATM.
It's nicely animated but i'm looking for an answer to this whole setting.
But Still the level of animation is quite high ..

Are all the idol shows loaded with money or something ?

SDBurton

We can't be bros anymore
(ʳ ´╥㉨╥)ʳ

Oh shit I thought I got away with that!

I take it back! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ (ʳ ´╥㉨╥)ʳ

Metrotab

Banned
The SNAFU Show - 5

What the fuck was wrong with this episode? Working hard for your future is bad now? Then again, you shouldn't
commit employee fraud
, but still.

Seems we have started on the main course of drama now.

This show sounds interesting and I will probably check it out, but first I should watch Gurren Lagann shouldn't I?

You should fix this ASAP whether a new Trigger show was coming or not. First Madoka and now this, where have your priorities been for the past few years man?! So much goodness being missed out on, I'm actually kind of jealous that you get to watch those fresh.

Hidamari Sketch 4
Why does every episode end with Yuno in the bathtub?

Same reason it always begins with her waking up, it's literally about a day in the life of Yuno and that's how she begins and ends her day. I can't even consider it pandering or fan service because of how logical and justified it is.

Also of course I'm on the Kill la Kill hype train, really don't get how people can be disappointed with what's been shown so far, at worst I can see cautiously optimistic.

And what's with people thinking Hyouka and Nichijou are boring? It's ridiculous how engaged I am when I'm watching these shows, definitely my favorite two Kyoani shows.

Syrinx

You should fix this ASAP whether a new Trigger show was coming or not. First Madoka and now this, where have your priorities been for the past few years man?! So much goodness being missed out on, I'm actually kind of jealous that you get to watch those fresh.

Most classic (or any) anime I have yet to see. Leaves me out of the loop a bit, but I do have a lot of good stuff to see.

Same reason it always begins with her waking up, it's literally about a day in the life of Yuno and that's how she begins and ends her day. I can't even consider it pandering or fan service because of how logical and justified it is.

This actually makes a fair amount of sense.

Late question: how the hell was it so bright out at six in the goddamn morning?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Oh shit I thought I got away with that!

I take it back! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ (ʳ ´╥㉨╥)ʳ

F-fine, I accept your apology this time. It's not like I want still be friends or anything. Hmph.

Syrinx

Are you on the western edge of your time zone?

*consults map*

Uhh...I'm in the middle. More west than I used to be. But I really don't ever remember it being that bright at six in the morning. Maybe that's cause I'm never up at six in the morning these days, but I used to get up at six every day in high school.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
*consults map*

Uhh...I'm in the middle. More west than I used to be. But I really don't ever remember it being that bright at six in the morning. Maybe that's cause I'm never up at six in the morning these days, but I used to get up at six every day in high school.

I woke up at 6:30 for school so I wouldn't know, but I suppose my overall point is that time zones are large enough that there can be a significant variance in sunrise/sunset times even within individual zones. For instance, I'm in EST. Tomorrow's sunrise in Bangor, Maine is at 5:13 AM, but here in Cincinnati, it's 6:30. Whenever I see the sun up at some ungodly, unnatural time in any work of fiction, I always just assume that it's written by someone on the eastern edge of their time zone.

Syrinx

I have to make sure my curtains are shut tight cause of how goddamn bright it is by 5:30am.

More often than not though, the sunlight manages to get me up around 6. Sadly.

I almost envy you. Sometimes I wake up close to 11 in the morning and I feel like a good deal of the day has already passed me by.

At school I even have to set my alarm for like 10 just so I actually get up. The shades barely let any light into the room at all. Without the alarm I'd probably sleep past noon. I did once. Hell, today my roommate slept til 2:30 pm.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
n1CJg.png

ne, ne, SDBurton...
I just got this big new forever sharp cutting knife.
The salesperson said that it could cut through almost anything and would never dull.
Do you want to help me test it out?

Best girl of Oreimo defending the best girl ever? I am completely okay with this!

AKB0048 - 03

AkibaStar ?
That's the name of the planet ?
Did they decide the name in less than 15 secs or something ?

BUt i have to admit that they thought properly about some of the tools

Because it totally make sense to combine a mic and a beam saber as one tool.
Again ? why haven't i thought about it before ? Is this show trying to teach me another kind of common sense or something ?

ROFL @ the idol lessons. I know idol life is a bloody battle but this is yet again something else .. totally ridiculous yet self aware , but in a good way.

I've learned something : Guerilla warfare is serious business !

I don't mind The Cgs in this anime because i reallise that they have quite a number of things to show. And it's not Bad cg to my eyes.
Before that we were all normal , everyday girls !
Lool
You bet you were !!
This episode is without a doubt in my top 3 of the most ridiculous selection process in anime. This will be hard to top that.Lool

Oh and this "thing" seems to says "words" i hope i won't have a word by episode otherwise i'm not sure how many episodes will be needed for a full sentence!

You need to get yourself some shades. They're pretty much essential for me (I work nightshift) to sleep.

The big problem is that my apartment is fairly small, so the window by the entrance/kitchen/bathroom has no curtain or place to put one. So when the sun comes up, half of my apartment is illuminated. Hahaha.

That being said, it's really not that bad. I have to head to the day job around 7:30 anyway, so 6:00am is when I should be getting up. It's funny too, cause back in college I used to think waking up at 8:00am was the worst thing in the world.

Now I get up at 6:00am almost everyday, even on weekends. I like having those morning hours to get stuff done.

Jarmel

Banned
Turn A Gundam 5-

I don't know if I'm supposed to be taking this seriously. Also I don't really understand what the main character is thinking. He's a spy but he's helping the militia and not reporting that to his superiors. He did report to his superiors though and gave them information. Is he just not sure what he wants to do? Also how do people not recognize him as the pilot?

I also liked the soundtrack that kicked in around the 19 minute mark.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 66: Under The Golden Lion Flag

~ His Majesty is a poet. ~

Von Reuental and von Oberstein really can't stand eachother anymore. That's going to give fireworks in the future, definitely, unless Mittermeyer can somehow bridge the distance.
I love Bittenfeld's sheer enthusiasm in the war room. Looks like everybody else, including Reinhard, got dulled by the peaceful administrative reforms.

Theonik

Turn A Gundam 5-

I don't know if I'm supposed to be taking this seriously. Also I don't really understand what the main character is thinking. He's a spy but he's helping the militia and not reporting that to his superiors. He did report to his superiors though and gave them information. Is he just not sure what he wants to do? Also how do people not recognize him as the pilot?

"It's complicated"
Basically, "because reasons". Though he's not actually a spy but a civilian chosen to do surveilance on the earth for a certain amount of time, when the series happens he's a free man so to speak.

Turn A Gundam 5-

I dunno how you're watching it, but the first time I went through the series, the subs packed with the episodes were absolutely terrible. By which I mean they were completely inaccurate to the dialogue and were pretty damn misleading. I ended up shutting them off pretty early on because it was distracting. Too much misinformation.

And yeah, he's essentially a free man at this point.

-Horizon-

Infinite Stratos 12

Rin gone yandere and I'm ok with that.

I guess I'm now ready for season 2.

My favorite girls have got to be Chifuyu-nee and Laura, maybe Houki.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maken-Ki! - 01

1. I love it with they give details to a girl's lips. Super sexy.

2. I want dat Principal. Please tell me she'll get more attention
fanservice
in the following episodes or specials.

3. I found my OTP of the show. High class nobility + tomboyish hothead = amazing hatesex.

Oh and fanservice? This is Vividred tier and then some(super nsfw)

)
Why are you watching this? Yick.

Infinite Stratos 10

So another one joins the harem.
Also worst character by far. That's an achievement. Oh look incestuous innuendo.

Edit:

She can't even make sandwiches. Bottom tier waifu.
That and she's obnoxious.

Ah yes, this is where the pseudo-incest stuff is planted. lol

AKB0048 - 04
Woow
The world of idols is tough , yet again.
I've just realised that they are all crying in the opening

Anyway more girls appear and more drama in return ! So exciting !
Indeed so much drama.

Crime Edge 6
I never thought I'd still be watching this after 6 episodes, but it still manages to entertain me. This week's fetish?
Hair cutting NTR, slaps, and more BDSM.

Arakawa Under the Bridge S2 - 6

Nino's backstory was used more for comedic effect this episode, which I'm completely OK with. Although there's still some mystery about
the mayor threatening sexy secretary
at the beginning of the episode. DOUSHIO?

SDBurton

n1CJg.png

ne, ne, SDBurton...
I just got this big new forever sharp cutting knife.
The salesperson said that it could cut through almost anything and would never dull.
Do you want to help me test it out?

I-I'm good. (;´Д`)

Cardcaptor Sakura 17

I get the feeling Sakura's fears will appear quite often, and she just needs a good wingman to keep her saaaane.

I think what I have in mind though is what's with the scary stories in Summer thing? Can someone explain that one to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom