• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Yondemasu yo azazel san

Decided to check this series out seeing how some of the gaffers enjoyed it. I must say its decent not to mention it's only 15 mins which can be enjoyable but the humour is kinda lacking. Oh and Yu fucking Kobayashi!

Jarmel

Banned
Turn A Gundam 11-

This is the worst looking Sunrise show I've seen in a long while. I do appreciate the anti-war themes however I feel there isn't a good sense of tactics from either side although the Moonrace do seem semi-competent compared to the buffoons in the Militia.

Ef a tale of memories fin

Meh, visually stunning, nice music but thats the only good thing I can say. The plot and characters are just terrible, boring romance with a typical love triangle. The fact that 2 stories were told at once didn't help the anime either.

bi3AWU2.jpg
Dn25yFP.jpg

4/10

Theonik

Finally my dream of having a white pantsu screen wipe is real!
Thanks Senran Kagura!

Ah yes, this is where the pseudo-incest stuff is planted. lol
Yeah I was wondering when it'd happen.

Turn-A Gundam- 7

http://i.minus.com/ibd3TsONcETACL.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1cikwvjBs1qmoxx7.gif

The worst part is I'm not sure whether his outfit or the fact that I'm watching a trap in the making is worse.

Why though? Why do they need the pilot of the mustache Gundam to be a female?
Because plot. But really the rumour is as I said before that Loran was initially intended to be female, Studio didn't like a Gundam show MC being female so they forced him to be male. So the director kept trolling for the rest of the show.
The crossdress stuff, everyone treating him like a female. Frequent shots to the nuts etc.

Well, he kind of is for the purpose of the series unless the students plan on shagging the janitor. I guess I could get back to watching the series.

I'd move Chifune to the top. Otherwise, I'd agree. Cecilia is the reason I didn't finish the series.
I'm not sure, I'd actually put Chifune on a different category to the rest of the IS girls tbh.
Her ranking there is more of a placeholder.

Joe Molotov

Meh, visually stunning, nice music but thats the only good thing I can say. The plot and characters are just terrible, boring romance with a typical love triangle. The fact that 2 stories were told at once didn't help the anime either.

4/10

You don't have to try to hide if you cried, it's okay man.

She hadn't forgotten him because she couldn't stop thinking about him. :'(

Jarmel

Banned
Because plot. But really the rumour is as I said before that Loran was initially intended to be female, Studio didn't like a Gundam show MC being female so they forced him to be male. So the director kept trolling for the rest of the show.
The crossdress stuff, everyone treating him like a female. Frequent shots to the nuts etc.

Isn't the director Tomino? I can't imagine him not having a large say. Are you referring to Yatate? It's a bit disappointing as I would have liked an actual female lead.

Theonik

Isn't the director Tomino? I can't imagine him not having a large say. Are you referring to Yatate? It's a bit disappointing as I would have liked an actual female lead.
Yeah rumour says it was Tomino who wanted it but he couldn't get the studio management to agree. Of course it could very well be false!

/XX/

There is a newly uploaded interview with TRIGGER Inc., staff posted by Otaking (once more), conducted when they were at Paris supervising the music recording's post-production for Little Witch Academia (http://michiru-oshima.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dsc00156paris.jpg & http://michiru-oshima.net/?p=773&cat=5&oya=):

Studio Trigger France
http://www.studio-trigger.com/special-4.html

Some bullet points of it are that Inferno Cop was born as a challenge to test out how the studio could work in a project with an extremely limited budget, that they want to make a digital disc release of it, that they are interested in trying one day to make a project that caters only to western/foreign audiences (or actually made with those in mind), the interview talks also a little about that Renpai Girl CM and the people from the studio who worked on it and in which tasks, and finally that Mr. Imaishi has been planning this next series from him for the past three years and because of that creating a new studio was vital because of the expansive scope this project is going to have.

They promised lots of hand-to-hand action in the interview.
It is a shame first thing that comes to mind now when I hear focus on "hand-to-hand combat" is what was said for the first season of Saint Seiya Ω. :-/

Came across some interesting stuff on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/tsk06/status/332412692432297985
https://twitter.com/tsk06/status/332427419308937216

The unit director for Takahata's Kaguya-hime is Osamu Tanabe and the animation director is Kenichi Konishi. The key animators on the project include Shinji Hashimoto, Miwa Sasaki, Masashi Ando, Shinji Otsuka, and Hideki Hamasu. Shinji Hashimoto and Miwa Sasaki in particular have been involved with the project since the very early stages of production.

The animation director for Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu is Kitaro Kousaka. He apparently said that "There are many complex scenes, and contents are different from what I've worked on up until now" and that the movie will feature "very fantastical scenes of the sky". Yup, sounds like a Miyazaki movie. :p
Yep, an amazing bunch to say the least, I expected no less for their (probable) swan song. Sad truth is that, for The Wind Rises, Takashi Hashimoto misses the presence of Mr. Kanada but also says they were searching for all those animators (still) capable of achieving great mechanical animation to work on the film (https://twitter.com/norider1965/status/225147921224581120)... I expect the 'creme of the crop' on that matters after all!

Good news also is that promotion work on NTV is finally picking-up, with the first images of the posters already shown a few days ago on it and new information coming tomorrow (in Japan), the ZOOM IN PEOPLE! (ジップ!) and SUKKIRI!! (スッキリ!!) programs of that channel are going to be a sure source of interesting bits in the following weeks.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So. I'm at my desk at work, listening to the 2nd Heartcatch ED, and I just wanna jump on my desk and start clapping like a loony.

I blame all you mother fuckers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

4/10

I thought the Chihiro half was really sweet and touching and there were a lot of powerful moments between the two. But fuck the other half of the show.

Would give the Chihiro half a 9/10 and the other half a 3/10.

4/10

You should watch Dusk Maiden, it's made by the same team more or less. It's visualy similar but without the stupid VN story.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You should watch Dusk Maiden, it's made by the same team more or less. It's visualy similar but without the stupid VN story.

Also seconding this.

Dusk Maiden was really, really good. Although the ending left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

And Yuko is hawt. Moe as hell too.

duckroll

It is a shame first thing that comes to mind now when I hear focus on "hand-to-hand combat" is what was said for the first season of Saint Seiya Ω. :-/

7th hype is the worst. First Fujiko, then Saint Seiya Omega, then Photo Kano. When will the genocide end? :(

trejo

4/10

Also seconding this.

Dusk Maiden was really, really good. Although the ending left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

And Yuko is hawt. Moe as hell too.

Thirded. Dusk Maiden was a nice show with likeable characters and a very striking visual direction. Definitely one of my favorites from last year.

A word of advice, though, skip the first episode if you do decide to watch it. It has horrible editing and doesn't really add much of value to the overall narrative and made me dismiss the show initially based on that first impression. The story and character introductions proper start with the second episode so I would suggest just starting from there.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thirded. Dusk Maiden was a nice show with likeable characters and a very striking visual direction. Definitely one of my favorites from last year.

A word of advice, though, skip the first episode if you do decide to watch it. It has horrible editing and doesn't really add much of value to the overall narrative and made me dismiss the show initially based on that first impression. The story and character introductions proper start with the second episode so I would suggest just starting from there.

I never realized Dusk Maiden's first episode got the Fate/Zero treatment.

Personally I really liked it. The little twist in there is cute.

trejo

I never realized Dusk Maiden's first episode got the Fate/Zero treatment.

Personally I really liked it. The little twist in there is cute.

There was no reason to show the same sequence of events twice in a single episode with and without Yuko when one could tell immediately from the opening scenes what was going on. It was just really lazy. Also, the first episode assumes a familiarity with the characters that simply is not there yet so it doesn't bother establishing them or anything wich makes it really difficult to care about what they're doing or why they're doing it.

It was pretty bad. Thankfully I decided to give it a second chance.

Maybe Regulus hype can save us!

What's his track record?

Wasn't Regulus hyping Saint Seiya Omega too?

Well shit.

/XX/

duckroll

The Kill la Kill tagline is so awesome: 着ル斬ル飢ル鬼ル - 生キル

"KIRU (To Wear) KIRU (To Cut) KIRU (To Hunger) KIRU (To [become an] Ogre) - IKIRU (To Live)"

The Kill la Kill tagline is so awesome: 着ル斬ル飢ル鬼ル - 生キル

"KIRU (To Wear) KIRU (To Cut) KIRU (To Hunger) KIRU (To [become an] Ogre) - IKIRU (To Live)"

I really ought to get around to learning Japanese for cool things like this along with all those games that'll never be localized, damn you Sega and Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom