• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Turn A Gundam 11-

This is the worst looking Sunrise show I've seen in a long while. I do appreciate the anti-war themes however I feel there isn't a good sense of tactics from either side although the Moonrace do seem semi-competent compared to the buffoons in the Militia.

I have two thoughts on this matter:

A) I don't think I've ever seen a Tomino series with satisfying tactical combat. Girls und Panzer has better battles than nearly everything that Tomino has ever worked on.

B) It accurately depicts how well organised combat would be with Tomino characters in charge of battles!

Thoraxes

Haha Dokurochan <3 so fucked up and great

See also: Punie-chan

So this is really cute then XD
I think I can deal with Rie as a doggie.

I love both of them.

Also for Rie as a doggie... If her cute voice gets your squee muscles going then you are in for a treat.

Thoraxes

Maken-Ki! - 07

New girls show up to lend a hand to the club for shit that may be going down in the coming episodes. Of course there's friction between the two groups from the start and matters simply can't be settled until we get some lewd super powered volleyball action.

Ah man, the headband girl is great.

Regarding tactical combat can any of you recommend any shows that really do it well? It's my favorite part of GuP and one of the reasons I really like 08th MS team but I can't think of where to go for more of it.

Jex

Mad Bull 34 1

If there were more fearless people with a heart of gold like Sleepy in the world then it'd be a much better place to live in. Hands down the greatest policeman ever.

I can't wait for the DVD release. God bless you Discotek.

Jex

Regarding tactical combat can any of you recommend any shows that really do it well? It's my favorite part of GuP and one of the reasons I really like 08th MS team but I can't think of where to go for more of it.

Well, when Chirico isn't just killing hundreds of dudes at once Votoms can have some pretty meaty one-on-one combat sessions. Armor Hunter Mellowlink is basically all tactical combat of the lop-sided nature of the scenario.

Gundam 0080 and Gundam 0083 have some pretty satisfying combat that isn't just people flying around and shooting lasers, but it's not really to the same degree.

For the most part combat in mecha shows tends to be a bit nonsensical, tactically speaking, even though the action fighting might look cool. At the macro level of course LOGH has pretty good tactical combat but you're far away from the action that it's rarely exciting.

Jex

[Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san Z] - 5

I remember when this franchise used to be funny. I might as well drop this now because there's no point watching a comedy that isn't funny. It's a shame, because I really liked the previous works in this franchise, but there you go.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ah man, the headband girl is great.

Yeah haha, I thought she'd be on the BL train but if she's down with the GL I'll move her up in my ranks.

=======================

Maken-Ki! - 08

20XRsye.png
RUTP3cp.png

yoRDaRx.png
mGbxeFH.png

As if they read my mind, Garret (the blue haired girl I was talking about in my last impression) returns for a brief moment to stir up her feud with best girl (Azuki), only to have new rival (and new OTP) Yang arrive to turn it into a 3 way battle! We also got a tender moment between Haruko and Midea.

Glad to see Aki getting more (nsfw) attention as well (nsfw). And here's a screencap for Tomat as he loves these types of girls. :D

Suite Precure 38

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Trio the Minor became deformed abominations.

Ako still assholing around because she needs to learn. We get more SoutaxAko. Gotta have the real 3 Precures be role models for this heathen. She doesn't want to sing because she's not ready to see her family, even though the Precures consider her one. She does so at the end of the episode though.

Action wise, we see TACTICS and powers being used for more than just killing things. So that was good.

Ako's singing kills a bird by the way. Not really, but it's clear who the bird really is. And yes, I'm literally avoiding Ako being in my screenshots for various raisins.

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% 6 (utapri)
renjinguji2_by_tristtrist-d64o1p3.gif

I think so far Ren Jinguji and Ittoki Otoya have had the best performances all season though Im kind of biased towards Ittoki more (that smile, etc) but Ren's performance with all the pretty effects and his bro moment was just really wonderful. Haruka seemed kind of pointless though considering who it was that brought about the whole event and made the memorable struggle and brought a great revelation. Loved it.

Kurita

I wonder why they didn't ask a real boys band like Kanjani8 or Arashi to voice the characters of UtaPri. Or just do the OP/ED...
Would have been cool.

I wonder why they didn't ask a real boys band like Kanjani8 or Arashi to voice the characters of UtaPri. Or just do the OP/ED...
Would have been cool.

Why do that when they could just use the VAs and produce their own band?

Also, I'm all for advancing Mamoru Miyano's singing career.

Well, when Chirico isn't just killing hundreds of dudes at once Votoms can have some pretty meaty one-on-one combat sessions. Armor Hunter Mellowlink is basically all tactical combat of the lop-sided nature of the scenario.

Gundam 0080 and Gundam 0083 have some pretty satisfying combat that isn't just people flying around and shooting lasers, but it's not really to the same degree.

For the most part combat in mecha shows tends to be a bit nonsensical, tactically speaking, even though the action fighting might look cool. At the macro level of course LOGH has pretty good tactical combat but you're far away from the action that it's rarely exciting.

Thanks, a lot of those were totally off my radar and Mellowlink especially seems to be exactly what I was looking for. It seems to be part of the Votoms universe but hopefully I won't have to know too much about it to enjoy it, if nothing else it might a good excuse to get into Votoms proper.

Jex

[Gargantia] - 5

Most people have done a pretty good job of discussing my two biggest take aways from watching this episode which were:

i) That's a lot of fanservice
ii) This show is far more enjoyable when it's laid back as opposed to attempting serious drama

but on a more serious note I've gotten rather tired of this particular 'joke' in anime:

Hi-larious. Give it a rest, please.

It would have been a great marketing strategy, that's all I'm saying haha

Probably would have been crazy costly unless they get some K-Pop band that no one will like.

Not to mention, the VAs have all been established in the visual novels and hell they even been singing in those as well.

Just too much effort when you already have a boy band in the cast anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom