• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Oregairu 5

Maid outfits and that ending. Worth it.

Photo Kano 5

Surprisingly a pretty good episode, though I feel like this kind plot line is usually saved for the second before last episode. Oh well, I liked this episode.
♫ And I'm screaming in the rain. ♪

Devil Survivor 2 6

Daichi, why you so useless right now?

duckroll

Majestic Prince - Episode 6

BQw4ruA.jpg

At least the mecha CG is awesome.

That was a pretty ho-hum episode. For the final episode in the first arc it's pretty disappointing and poorly directly. There was even a badly used insert song. Pretty meh all around. This episode really emphasizes the general flaws the series has to a large degree. But at least the introductory arc is now out of the way. There are some pretty interesting hints of the Wulgaru empire's culture at the end of the episode, and the mecha demonstration was pretty cool too. Other than that, there wasn't much going for it this week. :/

trejo

[Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san Z] - 5

I remember when this franchise used to be funny. I might as well drop this now because there's no point watching a comedy that isn't funny. It's a shame, because I really liked the previous works in this franchise, but there you go.

I thought it was funny. A hundred times funnier than the hemorrhoids arc that preceded it, at least.

Plus, Kobayashi!

cajunator

Banned
(=゚ω゚)ノ It is.

The song is up there with other great earworms of anime past such as Someone Else from Working, Girls be Ambitious from sora no woto, S.U.K.I. from Popotan, and Anata Ga Daikirai from Nurse Witch Komugi.
The only cure is to listen to another earworm.

I see a lot of girls on this page, but not a lot of robots.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

Why dont we discuss shows like Mahoromatic and Steel angel Kurumi that combines both?

I love both of them.

Also for Rie as a doggie... If her cute voice gets your squee muscles going then you are in for a treat.

As you know I'm not a fan of Rie, but when she's not being a tsundere I can deal with her voice. Like when she sings the ED to Zero no Tsukaima, hnnng city.
However I was raised on a steady diet of Halko momoi who sounds very similar and IMO does the Cute role better.

I just realized she has hearts for pupils...

and a fang....hmmm BEST GIRL.
haven't seen the show though.

Thoraxes

As you know I'm not a fan of Rie, but when she's not being a tsundere I can deal with her voice. Like when she sings the ED to Zero no Tsukaima, hnnng city.
However I was raised on a steady diet of Halko momoi who sounds very similar and IMO does the Cute role better.

There is no tsundere in this dog. Only 100% pure cuteness.

I was caught really off guard by it. It was so sweet I could die.

cajunator

Banned
This is the goddess at work
I think rie and Halko appeared on the scene near the same time, and I gravitated towards Halko and Popotan, Komugi, that sort of stuff. Particularly Nurse witch Komugi made me fall in love with her voice.

AKB0048 - 07

i am dreading in impatience to know when they will reveal what SENSEI-SENSEI is finally!
I'm currently expecting a DR WHO - type of monster but who knows if i'll be satisfied or disapointed at this point.

Did i got a Light :Sdburton moment in this episode ?

Oh and i'm expecting more drama for next episode.

Why dont we discuss shows like Mahoromatic and Steel angel Kurumi that combines both?

Mahoromatic would have been legendary if they didn't make that ending.
This wasn't what i wanted gainax !!!!

Mature

[Gargantia] - 5
but on a more serious note I've gotten rather tired of this particular 'joke' in anime:

Hi-larious. Give it a rest, please.
Must be a popular go-to joke or something. It's not as if there's any lack of potential for situational comedy for a character like Ledo. I'd rather have seen him conned into extorting someone without knowing it or something.

Go_Ly_Dow

[Gargantia] - 5

Most people have done a pretty good job of discussing my two biggest take aways from watching this episode which were:

i) That's a lot of fanservice
ii) This show is far more enjoyable when it's laid back as opposed to attempting serious drama

iii) less of both and more space battles :(

cajunator

Banned
AKB0048 - 07

i am dreading in impatience to know when they will reveal what SENSEI-SENSEI is finally!
I'm currently expecting a DR WHO - type of monster but who knows if i'll be satisfied or disapointed at this point.

Did i got a Light :Sdburton moment in this episode ?

Oh and i'm expecting more drama for next episode.

Mahoromatic would have been legendary if they didn't make that ending.
This wasn't what i wanted gainax !!!!

It wouldnt be Gainax without a terrible ending.
But for me, anime is more about the journey. I havent even seen the ending for a bunch of anime I have watched.
One thing I have noticed is that anime tends to end on a disappointing note the majority of the itme. I think the japanese love bittersweet endings and ambiguity, which clashes with many peoples desire for a nicely wrapped up story and resolution.

mAcOdIn

Those were easily the worst part of the episode, and the series. Seriously, they were up there with Glass Fleet.
No it wasn't. Nobody went outside their spaceship without a suit on some stairs to surrender, ships didn't appear from nowhere accompanied by cheesy "I need a saviour" dialog, nothing in Gargantia is anywhere as bad as Glass Fleet.

Okay folks, time for me to experience another Magical Girl anime. After being horribly disappointed by the mess that was Doremi, having my jaw hit the floor with the masterpiece of Madoka Magica, me looking passive aggressively at Sailor Moon with a big old "meh", it's time for another dose of the genre.

Ready...GO!

Nanoha - 1

Zzzzzzz...Nanowha? Oh I'm sorry, must of dozed off out of sheer boredom. My goodness writers, these family members better be VERY important characters to deserve such good explanations of who they are and what they do. I'm not kidding these explanations go on FOREVER. My goodness anime, make something happen!

Okay, something's happening, go on... Oh my goodness this is so typical. Yeah yeah, girl discovers cute little side-kick, tests off her new powers, defeates evil monster.

Please pick up the pace soon anime.

Nanoha - 2
The little creature made her a magical girl and can communicate with her telepathically. I swear I saw that in another magical girl anime that came out years later, but I'm probably just crazy.

Oh noes! Another monster, yay! She won! UGGGH.

Please tell me I won't have to wait long before a nice good conflict comes up in this show that makes me care about the characters. I'm not getting my hopes up. Since Urobuchi didn't write this, I'm guessing that nobody's going to get decapitated in the third episode.

Jex

No it wasn't. Nobody went outside their spaceship without a suit on some stairs to surrender, ships didn't appear from nowhere accompanied by cheesy "I need a saviour" dialog, nothing in Gargantia is anywhere as bad as Glass Fleet.

I'm talking about the presentation and the logic of the space combat. It was terrible.

Jarmel

Banned

God don't remind me.

Okay folks, time for me to experience another Magical Girl anime. After being horribly disappointed by the mess that was Doremi, having my jaw hit the floor with the masterpiece of Madoka Magica, me looking passive aggressively at Sailor Moon with a big old "meh", it's time for another dose of the genre.

Ready...GO!

Nanoha - 1

Zzzzzzz...Nanowha? Oh I'm sorry, must of dozed off out of sheer boredom. My goodness writers, these family members better be VERY important characters to deserve such good explanations of who they are and what they do. I'm not kidding these explanations go on FOREVER. My goodness anime, make something happen!

Okay, something's happening, go on... Oh my goodness this is so typical. Yeah yeah, girl discovers cute little side-kick, tests off her new powers, defeates evil monster.

Nanoha - 2
The little creature made her a magical girl and can communicate with her telepathically. I swear I saw that in another magical girl anime that came out years later, but I'm probably just crazy.

Please tell me I won't have to wait long before a nice good conflict comes up in this show that makes me care about the characters. I'm not getting my hopes up. Since Urobuchi didn't write this, I'm guessing that nobody's going to get decapitated in the third episode.

Nanoha S1 doesn't get good/great until the middle and then it consistently stays there. Even if you don't end up liking it, S2 is one of the greatest shows ever so you should definitely keep going.

It takes a few episodes for Nanoha to really hit godtier.

As, on the other hand, is just incredible from start to finish. Both seasons are highly enjoyable (and the only Nanoha that exists).

trejo

Ready...GO!

Nanoha - 1

Nanoha - 2

Honestly, you're better off just watching the movies.

duckroll

This is a rather surreal development. Since when has Anno been a voice actor?

This is his debut performance. I think it's a cry for help. Miyazaki's version of Jiro Horikoshi is a man who dreamed of making beautiful things but ended up broken and filled with regret in his later years for having done nothing but build weapons of war. Maybe Hideaki Anno sees himself as a man who dreamed of making meaningful anime but has ended up broken and filled with regret in his later years for having done nothing but produce waifu war fodder shows? 2deep4me

OceanBlue

Nanoha S1 doesn't get good/great until the middle and then it consistently stays there. Even if you don't end up liking it, S2 is one of the greatest shows ever so you should definitely keep going.
Definitely. The show isn't really that great until it becomes about Nanoha vs. Fate. Lol, I was wondering if I should just tell him to watch the first movie.

mAcOdIn

I'm talking about the presentation and the logic of the space combat. It was terrible.
Even the presentation was better in Gargantia! The only thing I may give you is logic, no way, nobody went outside in their spaceship in Gargantia so it wins by default! Seriously though, I mean, space battle logic is a hard one because it kinda depends on you to know the capabilities of fictional weapons in a fictional world with fictional people. It's not even tied to it being fictional but different, do you watch old movies about Greek warfare and scoff at their Phalanxes? Do you yell at the screen when watching land battles in the 1800s reenacted?

Either way Gargantia's space battle was some cheese, don't get me wrong, but I still don't think it was anywhere as bad as Glass Fleet's.

cajunator

Banned

Ready...GO!

Nanoha - 1

Nanoha - 2

You are watching the wrong series.
Watch Nanoha A's after you pick up on who the characters are.
It will pretty much blast you with awesome straight out of the gate and stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom