• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Most countries don't want their currency to be stronger than the US dollar.
See this article for a quick overview of the situation. Basically, this is a result of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and the Bank of Japan's aggressive economic policies designed to combat deflation.
Huh, that's interesting. Canada has been trying to deal with a similar problem, inasmuch as there are people who want the Canadian dollar to tank relative to the American dollar in order to stimulate economic growth.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hope you are ready for the next season:

I like the new character designs but I'm a huge fan of Takeda Hiromitsu.

Seeing the art for the second season was one of the major reasons why I decided to watch Maken-Ki! in the first place. Looking forward to it!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

SDBurton

Date A Live - 03

DJAyoCv.png

Oh man, if only
Shidou really did die and Origami had to take his place in capturing the hearts of the spirits.
Best plot twist ever I'd say.

Theonik

Satoshi Kon's love of blurring the distinction between reality and illusion makes itself felt in practically all of his works (except for Tokyo Godfathers for the most part).
Yes, I'd say the JoJo finale and Tokyo Godfathers are the only exceptions to this. Perfect Blue is probably the closest though.
Edit: I guess Tokyo Godfathers does it a lot too.
The whole old homeless person sequence was like that.

Metrotab

Banned
Majestic Prince - 6

I don't think we have seen enough of the characters in order to make an effective
graduation
episode. That was a rather short demonstration too.

Nanoha - 5

Okay people, is the "fun-factor" of that chart referring to the amount of fan service in this anime? Or is it referring to the story, character development, and pacing because after this episode I'm beginning to see in what directions it's going to go with it's fan service factor.

We have our hot-springs episodes, and we have our conflict. Nanoha and Fate both want the Jewel Seeds, but Fate wants them for this...Lugia project?

Oh no, the shadow Lugia strikes back!

Articalys

It will end with Chiho or nobody.
Are you talking about just the 13 episodes of the anime adaptation, or the series as a whole? Because the anime is probably going to have an open ending regardless.

Also, how many light novel series that have been popular enough to get anime have also actually reached a conclusion? I can't think of more than a dozen or so...

Syrinx

Gurren Lagann 1

This show's pretty insane. Simon always looks like he's on the brink of shellshock. Kamina kinda seems like a douche. "Reject common sense to achieve the impossible" is kinda a lame motto. Yoko seems cool, but she just kinda appeared out of nowhere and I don't know how she's gonna fit into everything.

So after killing one gunman and reaching the surface, it looks like they've encountered even more. This show's gonna go all out, it seems. I might take this one fairly slow.

wsippel

Banned
Hataraku Maou-sama! 6

This was great. Lucifer seems like a really cool addition to the cast. A few great Chiho moments this episode. The scream this week was great too, nice build up. Interested to see what the new chicks deal is.

Also dat celebration of Chiho ED! It's a really nice ED! Super nice art and it focuses on the best character! I can't stop watching it though.

Even if you aren't a fan of Chiho, you have to admit it's a beautiful ED.

So that's 6 out of 6 great episodes! We've reached the halfway point. I'm calling it right now, there is no chance of Maou dating Emi. It will end with Chiho or nobody. I doubt the new chick has a chance, although I could see her ending up with Lucifer.
Dude is the fucking demon lord! If there ever was a main character who had any right to actually have a real harem, it would be him.

Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water - 01

Love it. Already loving Nadia and her crazy acrobatics, and Grandis + her lackies are incredibly charming in a Team Rocket sort of way.

Can't wait to watch more. I'm so happy I finally started this.

Syrinx

This is one of the few times I would say fansubbers had the upper hand on official subs. "Kick reason to the curb" > that

It certainly sounds better and is catchier. Still a pretty dumb philosophy to live by. But I guess when you spend your whole life essentially in a mine while knowing there's something beyond, it's hard not to be ambitious and starry-eyed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I was quite sure the dub says that also
At least the first print of the subs-only English release didn't. Or maybe he's just watching different subs, dunno.
It certainly sounds better and is catchier. Still a pretty dumb philosophy to live by. But I guess when you spend your whole life essentially in a mine while knowing there's something beyond, it's hard not to be ambitious and starry-eyed.
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me who believes in you, bro.

SDBurton

Date A Live - 04

lQi1OPs.png
fGNRlOt.png

Loving the lip detail.

Girl may be cute as a button, but put that puppet on her hand and
she'll turn into the cockiest person you'll ever meet!
:lol

Jintor

it works for the universe they exist in

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 14

HNNNNGH THAT OP
I forgot how good it was after not watching this for a while.

Pretty intense episode. What's up with Mugen anyway? His past (and seemingly, future) is so strange and loaded with symbols.

Theonik

Time Jam Valerian and Laureline 13
It's been a while since I've seen an episode of this. Satellite's production values can be insufferable at times. Still pretty charming in its own way.

Zukuu

Banned
Just finished Tiger & Bunny. Last time I was so hooked to an anime was with Steins; Gate. So quick, Anime-Gaf, tell me which other animes are like T&B - at least in how they "feel".

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 5 – Once Again, He Turns Back on the Path from Whence He Came
tumblr_mmk40orbXH1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmk40orbXH1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I dont think I'd even abbreviate that as WcD's. Hikki should wear a suit more and I laughed so much at the same point he laughed
When the other dude got rejected.
But still my second favorite character after Hikki. Not much to say on the plot as it was really good and kind of compelling or even relatable ending moments in relation to IRL.

Hataraku Maou-sama 6

Apparently the Vita's not worth retrieving unless someone else does it. This speaks volumes.

lol@Jungle

That was a great episode, Chiho got the goods, Emi was just there, and Lucifer seems to be a good addition to the cast. I feel thankful that we only saw half of that... image though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom