• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardcaptor Sakura 18

Episode had no business being as boring as it was. I really hope the show hasn't reached some sort of spike in quality, as every episode prior to this one has been great.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari wa Precure] 15
7gZ0Lugl.png
Great episode. Loved the art style during the maiden flashbacks, and even the sakuga wasn't bad! The only thing that bothered me was that Nagisa doesn't look anything like her parents. Is she adopted or something? Also dat Poisonny.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Just finished Tiger & Bunny. Last time I was so hooked to an anime was with Steins; Gate. So quick, Anime-Gaf, tell me which other animes are like T&B - at least in how they "feel".

The "action/superhero bromance" genre is a fairly lightly-populated one. Have you seen Jojo's Bizarre Adventure yet?

It certainly sounds better and is catchier. Still a pretty dumb philosophy to live by. But I guess when you spend your whole life essentially in a mine while knowing there's something beyond, it's hard not to be ambitious and starry-eyed.

Once you watch the whole show, it will all make sense.

Zukuu

Banned
The "action/superhero bromance" genre is a fairly lightly-populated one. Have you seen Jojo's Bizarre Adventure yet?
I don't really think I liked the "Bromance" about it. More like... I dunno. It was overall, just enjoyable. Not even in particular the "Heros". Just the overall feel was pretty awesome. I also liked that you don't have the "average high school male teenager" as main character. The OST was also incredible - one of the best.

Jojo is certainly right up my alley, but I only watch "finished" animies, so that one has to wait.
Kenichi was another animie I thoroughly enjoyed (imo, the best anime in existence).

Action animies are usually not my go-to genre tho, but I like to spice things up every now and then.

Metrotab

Banned
The Devil Works At McDonalds - 6

Lucifer is a nice addition to the cast. He's like a teenaged brat. I do wonder how three guys live in a small apartment though.

Chiho was being a good girl as always, Emilia was being a nuisance as always.

Looks like there will be a new girl next episode.

I don't really think I liked the "Bromance" about it. More like... I dunno. It was overall, just enjoyable. Not even in particular the "Heros". Just the overall feel was pretty awesome. I also liked that you don't have the "average high school male teenager" as main character. The OST was also incredible - one of the best.

Jojo is certainly right up my alley, but I only watch "finished" animies, so that one has to wait.
Kenichi was another animie I thoroughly enjoyed (imo, the best anime in existence).

Action animies are usually not my go-to genre tho, but I like to spice things up every now and then.

Unless you're expecting there to be adaptations of 6 or so more Jojo parts, it's pretty damn finished at the moment.

Defuser

Hataraku Maou-Sama! ep 6

It's finally back to comedy and its glorious. Lucifer makes a great addition to the cast.
Maou = Father
Ashiya = Mother
Lucifer = Teenage bratty son

The family is complete. lol @ Miki T photo of doom. Emi + Ponytail hnnngh

SHOW OF THE SEASON!!!

Zukuu

Banned
Unless you're expecting there to be adaptations of 6 or so more Jojo parts, it's pretty damn finished at the moment.

Well, last time I checked was a few month's ago, so I didn't know it was finished in april.
Tho, isn't it very likely that there will be another season?

Soma

Manga "Nobunagun" gets anime adaption.

pa6DdxR.jpg

The June issue of Comic Earth Star magazine is revealing on Saturday that an anime adaptation of Masato Hisa's Nobunagun manga is in the works.

The "stylish action" manga opens with high school girl Shio Ogura visiting Taiwan on school trip, when she is caught in a surprise attack by monsters called "Evolved Invaders." The military is useless against them, but in the middle of the chaos, the mysterious E-Gene Holder agents from the government organization DOGOO appear.

Thanks to technology, these agents wield weapons infused with the spirits of great historical figures. Gandhi is now a barrier, and Newton is a gravitational maneuver. When her friend is endangered, Shio awakens the ability to wield one such weapon — the great Japanese warlord Oda Nobunaga as a giant machine gun.

Hisa (Area 51, Jabberwocky, Grateful Dead) launched the Nobunagun manga in Comic Earth Star in 2011, and Earth Star Entertainment published the second compiled book volume in January. The first chapter of the manga is available online, and the new issue of Comic Earth Star is running an interview to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Hisa's debut as a manga creator and the anime news.

Huh.

7Th

It reminds me a little of early Shaman King if it had used historical figures instead of just made-up samurai.

Mature

If anime has taught me anything, it's that there's never a premise that can't be topped in it's stupidity or insanity.

Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water - 01

Love it. Already loving Nadia and her crazy acrobatics, and Grandis + her lackies are incredibly charming in a Team Rocket sort of way.

Can't wait to watch more. I'm so happy I finally started this.
Nadia is gettin' on my nerves hardcore. Jean, however, is quite possibly the most badass child protagonist.

cajunator

Banned
Bingougami ga 01
Pretty funny.Some nice references too.

Paranoia Agent 01
Good. Will watch the rest. Kinda reminded me of Perfect Blue.

Paranoia agent is well worth your time.
one of the episodes is probably some of the best in anime.

Satoshi Kon's love of blurring the distinction between reality and illusion makes itself felt in practically all of his works (except for Tokyo Godfathers for the most part).

Millennium Actress.
my favorite anime movie and Kon's masterpiece.

Nanoha - 5

Okay people, is the "fun-factor" of that chart referring to the amount of fan service in this anime? Or is it referring to the story, character development, and pacing because after this episode I'm beginning to see in what directions it's going to go with it's fan service factor.

We have our hot-springs episodes, and we have our conflict. Nanoha and Fate both want the Jewel Seeds, but Fate wants them for this...Lugia project?

Oh no, the shadow Lugia strikes back!

The fun begins when shit gets real. It has nothing to do with fanservice.

Date A Live - 04

Girl may be cute as a button, but put that puppet on her hand and
she'll turn into the cockiest person you'll ever meet!
:lol

Good god she is adorable!! Clockface isnt there but she looks like the next best girl.

-.-- --- ..- .- .-. . ... .. .-.. .-.. -.-- .-.-.-

Now I feel like starting Madoka. Have to pack some shit first, though.

The sooner you do this the more awesome your life becomes.
Im not biased or anything.

Theonik

Time Jam: Valerian and Laureline 14
More carrot on a stick antics and Laureline seduction antics. Also brownies.
Dub is still good.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 67: Ragnarök: Götterdämmerung Once Again

~ I wonder what my role is. ~

Brilliant speech by Reinhard! Puts the Alliance Government in a role they can't benefit from.
I'm glad Trung and Bucock are teaming up again. The Old Garde isn't out just yet!
I'm not completely sure who Mittermeyer was referencing to. Maybe von Schenkopp? That guy hates the Reich.

Yuyushiki 1-5

Dumb girls being dumb is such a fantastic genre. The bar for me to enjoy something like this is so low that it's hard to be disappointed by anything. So far they're not as endearing to me as the idiot trio in Azumanga but that might be nostalgia talking. If I wasn't so lazy I'd dub over those scenes where they love saying something with some cool cool game gone goldblum.

Jintor

Yuyushiki 1-5

Dumb girls being dumb is such a fantastic genre. The bar for me to enjoy something like this is so low that it's hard to be disappointed by anything. So far they're not as endearing to me as the idiot trio in Azumanga but that might be nostalgia talking. If I wasn't so lazy I'd dub over those scenes where they love saying something with some cool cool game gone goldblum.

Game gold game gold gold game goldblum game gold wizard game gold goldgame WIZARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'd never even thought about the possibility of mixing together moe nonsense and idle thumbs. my lord. an entire world has just opened before me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom