• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hataraku Maou 6

I think the Playstation Pasta would do much better than the Vita.

I figured Lucifer would integrate into modern Japanese society as well. Still kind of weird how
Emi's father's killer is being portrayed
, but hey, new world=new start. Also, that may be addressed later.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 12

MOUFiRf.jpg

Midori was ostensibly the focus of the episode and he's not a terribly interesting character (the whole "gotta get stronger!" idea is way overplayed in anime/manga), but Labra was great. She's a total scene-stealer with her antics, and I've got to give Sawashiro credit for giving her a very amusing voice, especially when she gets angry.

wsippel

Banned
Hataraku Maou 6

I think the Playstation Pasta would do much better than the Vita.

I figured Lucifer would integrate into modern Japanese society as well. Still kind of weird how
Emi's father's killer is being portrayed
, but hey, new world=new start. Also, that may be addressed later.
I'm just guessing here, but you know the iron shonen death rule, no?
If you don't see a character die, he's probably not dead.

PhotoKano 6

All the drama of the last episode is resolved in....30 seconds. The rest was pretty much this:
He actually touches it.

Next up is Kaori Mizuhashi's character, and Yuasa's storyboarding it? I don't even know what to expect from that. If they are doing 2 episodes per character and the 1st one is where the drama happens, well, maybe it will be interesting.

It sure will Syrinx and as you can see with Peace's reaction here you're going to love it. Though I do feel bad that you won't know the true joys of MOOOOOORNING RESCUUUUUUUUUUE!

I was stricken by disbelief when the first "shit gets real" moment happened. It was the most awful thing ever, yet I enjoyed it so much.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 13

No, Korumi-sensei, don't leave us! Coal just isn't the same!

ELhEB5u.jpg

This wrinkled crone is no substitute for your sexy sax.

Oh well, at least the best characters are still the best characters:

OWkSHuh.jpg

And can I say just how weird the plot for this episode is? I mean, pickled televisions?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Photo Kano 6
wC5jKPnl.jpg

Yeah, they really don't give a shit anymore do they?

And, I suppose this is going to play out like Amagami? Seems like it anyway.

wonzo

Banned
Photo Kano 6
wC5jKPnl.jpg

Yeah, they really don't give a shit anymore do they?

And, I suppose this is going to play out like Amagami? Seems like it anyway.
PhotoKano 6

All the drama of the last episode is resolved in....30 seconds. The rest was pretty much this:
He actually touches it.

Next up is Kaori Mizuhashi's character, and Yuasa's storyboarding it? I don't even know what to expect from that. If they are doing 2 episodes per character and the 1st one is where the drama happens, well, maybe it will be interesting.
looks like i'm gonna have to pick this up again... for the yuasa that is. yeah, that's right!

I'm just guessing here, but you know the iron shonen death rule, no?
If you don't see a character die, he's probably not dead.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind as well. Would be pretty funny too, since there would then be no barrier for the audience loving the demon cast since
no one that matters to the plot has been killed by them, despite all the nameless deaths they caused.

fertygo

Macross SDF 17

Ugh, frigging flashback again? now with partial new scene and narrative, fuck this.

Macross SDF 18

That more like it!
dem sakuga, dat Max vs Millia showdown, hook it into my vein. Max are fucking awesome.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Vocker ;______;
I thought he never die dammit

zeroshiki

Lots of original anime get manga/LN versions, don't they?

Not sure about Tokikake but both Summer Wars and Wolf Children got serialized manga adapatations around the times the movie came out.

I actually quite liked the Summer Wars one. The mangaka did a good job aping the Sadamoto art.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
With the yen and USD finally at parity, can anyone recommend some good design works-style artbooks on amazon.co.jp? That Umakoshi one I got a couple of months ago was really nice so I'm thinking about starting a collection.

Nafe

Oh yeah, zeroshiki, you may be happy/interested to hear that I just received one of the Bungaku Shoujo books just a couple of days ago. It's actually looks like it's the second one but it was a present from someone so no big deal and I think you mentioned they're more or less stand alone anyway? I haven't started to read it yet but I will soon.

cajunator

Banned
-.-- --- ..- .- .-. . -... --- - .... ... .. .-.. .-.. -.--

.. .-.. --- ...- . -- -.-- -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . -. .- -.- .- -- .- ...

Welcome to the NHK! - 14

What the hell. Misaki's flinching at Satou's punch gestures were unsettling to say the least.

Pretty funny how all of the Offline Meeting members got their problems resolved... except Satou. He's too good for the world.

Satou is messed up but that whole arc was depressing. Im glad it came to the resolution it did though.

Origami is the short white-haired girl. Yoshino is bunny girl.

Actually, both of them are really cute! Maybe there is more to it than clockface.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 1

Yo man, this was out there.

First there was that bizarre dream Madoka had, then she has breakfast with her awesome family, her mother and baby brother being the best. Then this weird girl from Madoka's dream shows up and warns/threatens her. Then Madoka and her friend are at the mall and they find this animal thing, and then shit got really weird. Like, trippy, but dark. Scary even. In the end, this girl saves them and they become magical girls.

Something about the atmosphere of this show is different. Very subdued. This is gonna take me for a ride, isn't it?

Also, what was with that transformation in the OP? Looked lewd as all hell.

One of the best animes of all time.
you are in for a treat. Dont spoil yourself about anything.

I'm jealous that you're experiencing all this great anime for the first time.

Yeah no kidding!

I've been wondering about this for a little while.

Since I wasn't lurking AnimeGAF when Sword Art Online was airing, did people know the show was going to turn to utter crap from the beginning, since the light novels were already out?

Articalys

I wonder why I basically have an addiction to this thread no matter how much I hate it sometimes. Could be because my life is pretty empty otherwise, I guess.

duckroll

:O

I don't know this existed.

Did they ever explain whose kid the girl in Gatekeepers 21 was?
she's not Ruriko's daughter with Shun apparently

Yeah, Shun married someone else. His wife isn't a character in any of the anime, and there isn't really much about her.

cajunator

Banned

Since I wasn't lurking AnimeGAF when Sword Art Online was airing, did people know the show was going to turn to utter crap from the beginning, since the light novels were already out?

I made it through 15 episodes before it got too stupid to continue.

I wonder why I basically have an addiction to this thread no matter how much I hate it sometimes. Could be because my life is pretty empty otherwise, I guess.

This community really is that addictive.
-.. --- -.-- --- ..- .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- -.- -. --- .-- -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . ..--..

Defuser

Yes. Considering the LN is so popular its no surprise some people already read it before the anime got announced. Same goes for any popular shows such as Jojo,FMA,AoT.etc Some people read the source before the adapation so they know what they are in for.

fertygo

Just because almost nothing good came out in LN media.

Dresden warned us about the first half, but I don't think we anticipated the lows of the 2nd part.

5b5v.png

Glad you're round Articalys. I wouldn't know about half the shit going on in the anime industry if not for you.

Suite Precure 41

2QoO1.gif

She's quite the fanatic...

ONE NOTE, That's what you got!

and that's all there is left, so lets make a movie in order to protect Fari, starring everyone in town.... and the world is doomed before Christmas

Tribute gif to the one that never was

2QoaC.gif

zeroshiki

Oh yeah, zeroshiki, you may be happy/interested to hear that I just received one of the Bungaku Shoujo books just a couple of days ago. It's actually looks like it's the second one but it was a present from someone so no big deal and I think you mentioned they're more or less stand alone anyway? I haven't started to read it yet but I will soon.

Shit, I can't remember. Is the 2nd one the one about the Malnourished ghost? Yeah, they're all pretty much standalone. Even the first book doesn't delve into the how and the why Tohko and Konoha are in the club together. This isn't even a spoiler but Tohko's identity is never anayzed or delved into at all.

Instro

Maou 6

I had to chuckle at Lucifer looking at 3DS software at the beginning of the show yet he owns a Vita. You know for a show that has quite a bit of backstory baggage, it never really seems to get bogged down and keeps a pretty brisk pace with the jokes. It helps of course that so much of what happens is downright silly, gotta love some of those facial expressions too.

zeroshiki

Yeah, Shun married someone else. His wife isn't a character in any of the anime, and there isn't really much about her.

I remember being inexplicably heartbroken when I saw that little girl and she had a different surname from Ruriko :(

Its just not right! They had the happy end in Gatekeepers and they basically undo everything about it in a couple of throwaway lines in GK21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom