• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned

I can't take it anymore
iupCowi4vwpT7.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 19

Wait a second, where is this going?

Thankfully, nowhere bad. Learning about how the Precure's names were chosen was interesting, and a Yayoi focused episode is never a bad thing. Quite a lot of emotional moments in this episode, all honesty.

On a side note, I finally beat Cure Peace at Rock, Paper, Scissors!

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 2

Speaking of naked women, this episode introduces us to Yu Fan and Yu Lan, the Dragon Sisters. In the novels, these two assassins have a minor role, but in both the anime and manga, their role is increased (more in the anime than the manga) for the sake of fan service. In the manga they're a pair of meidos or something dumb like that, but in the anime they look like purple haired, red eyed girls who are allegedly chinese and spend a lot of time caressing each other while naked. There's a valid explanation for this, and it is
Gauron. Cuz if anybody knows how to make sex a messed up, terrifying thing, it would be Gauron.

Next on the list of crazies we're introduced to would be Mr. Gates, a character specific to the anime as well (he's like, Mr. Potassium or something in the books, in keeping with Amalgam's theme naming.) Mr. Gates establishes himself as a crazy guy by pushing his subordinate out of a plane, shooting one in the head, and singing Ave Maria while pelvic thrusting as his men slaughter the villain from the previous episode and his men. His weirdest scene will be the one where he
masturbates to videos of kittens
, but that's still a few episodes away.

cajunator

Banned
I can never forget:

It is, though Stink bomb is no magnetic rose.

It will never be forgotten.
Until I get a new disk drive.

Stink Bomb > Magnetic rose > Cannon fodder

Yayoi gets too much focus from the otaku crowd. Her artwork can outnumber many other franchises just by herself.

Because she is a moenuke. In a world of cute things she stands above the others.
She is adorable on a completely ridiculous level and I love her.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Noise is back! And we need a miracle! So we prepped a miracle to help us save the world!

A LAND SHIP

I don't know what to say about this.

oh man, I completely repressed this.

I kinda like mystery boxes, especially when there's a character among the set that you really don't like. Makes it all the more exciting!

If it's the kind of blind box where you're guaranteed one of each standard version of the figurine in a set and then you get a couple of random doubles with a small chance of a variant figure, that's one thing, but dicking all of your customers over with incomplete sets just to entice a few people into buying multiples is unequivocally douchey!

Thoraxes

They didn't even need the dog, she could have just been shopping there and seen them.
That's what I expected to happen when watching.
That's what I thought too, but
the dog made it even more convenient. I mostly call him a plot device because of the whole accident thing too lol

I am glad the MC cut the shit out. I was sitting there like, "That dude is smart enough to know that she's having a misunderstanding, say something!" I was getting ready to drop the show at that scene in anticipation of the rest of the episodes being about fixing that misunderstanding, which is usually done poorly.

Thankfully that wasn't the case!

Suppose that'd be too easy. Still, Yukino went and got the apron that he said looked good on her. :3

Yeah, I was expecting
her to spot them walking past her or something rather than the dog running off. At least we got some cute dog drawings.

Was that
book at the end also hers? I loved the apron thing too and I love how the imouto and nee-san were both hooking them up. I just like her no bullshit, cool demeanor. so to see her have some of that hidden was fun to see come out a little.

I suppose so. Music composing is one of the coolest things ever though.
I may even have my first private student soon!

I still can't choose. :lol

I'm leaning slightly yellow at the moment. I just like her mature demeanor/sounding voice. I just looked up her VA and that disposition makes sense to me too, though I thought I heard more Hidamari Sae than Yuruyuri Yui.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I caught my wife up on Evangelion, though we still have through the Rebuild movie series, but we wanted to watch something much more lighthearted next up.

qQ761Knl.jpg

Will Hyoka do the trick? I only know that it's done by Kyoto Animation. Nothing more than that.
Yes, although it gets heavier with the character drama later it's subdued and tasteful all the way through.

If it's the kind of blind box where you're guaranteed one of each standard version of the figurine in a set and then you get a couple of random doubles with a small chance of a variant figure, that's one thing, but dicking all of your customers over with incomplete sets just to entice a few people into buying multiples is unequivocally douchey!

I believe most boxes are random anyway, so there isn't a guarantee that you'll get all the figures even if it is like 8 different variants and you get 10 figures in a box. There's a good chance you will but not always.

Also, I imagine most of the time, it is sold as individual figures instead of a giant box anyway, so you could always end up pulling the same figure over and over again. wwwww

Nafe

Mad Pierrot are you watching Devil Survivor 2 The Anime? If not then I think Alcor has those eyelashes you like.

---

I love this guys videos, was listening to them all night a few weeks ago.

I think they're pretty good. I haven't played Megaman X in quite a few years but even songs like that one I like. There was a comment in that Guile video something like "Even eight bearded guys goes well with the Guile theme" which got a bunch of thumbs ups but I don't see it. It looks like maybe it got removed or buried somehow.

Theonik

They are also the more outwardly lesbian ones too, if this first episode is any indication.
Obviously what this means is that yellow is projecting her inner yuri onto them that society would normally shun. It's her way of expressing her true feelings.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm leaning slightly yellow at the moment. I just like her mature demeanor/sounding voice. I just looked up her VA and that disposition makes sense to me too, though I thought I heard more Hidamari Sae than Yuruyuri Yui.

See I hear more YuruYuri Yui than Hidamari Sae.

Sword Art Online 01

Pitfalls of the wide web.

Guilty Crown 01

'Use me'? Aw yeah.
The music they set for the action scenes was bleh.

Saprol on sudoku watch.

Steroyd

Yayoi gets too much focus from the otaku crowd. Her artwork can outnumber many other franchises just by herself.

She's a doujin drawing, mecha loving nerdy hnng nuke, if that doesn't grab attention I don't know what would.

Sword Art Online 01

Pitfalls of the wide web.

Guilty Crown 01

'Use me'? Aw yeah.
The music they set for the action scenes was bleh.

Oh man, starting one of those is bad enough but BOTH!!

Godspeed, and I hope to see you on the other side. Not too late to turn back btw.

Jex

So I caught my wife up on Evangelion, though we still have through the Rebuild movie series, but we wanted to watch something much more lighthearted next up.

qQ761Knl.jpg

Will Hyoka do the trick? I only know that it's done by Kyoto Animation. Nothing more than that.

Yes, Hyoka is a pretty great show. Although, really, most things are more light-hearted than Evangelion. You could pick pretty much any title if that was your only criterion!

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/comingSoon/

New countdown clock for Nozomi. Revealed Tuesday @ 1 EDT. I wonder what it is.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, please

Anyone watch(ed) Natsume Yuuchinchou?

I'm going through the anime slowly because I don't want it to end. It's so happy and sad and endearing all at the same time.

Typically I watch anime dubbed, but I actually like the sub a lot. Nyanko-sensei just has the cutest voice, and Natsume himself has a good one too.

Have 3 of the 4 seasons on disc, but I still need to set a weekend out to watch them all. Bought it cause the characters look great but hadnt ever watched nary a gram of an episode before throwing my money down.

I missed EVERYTHING.. Free! Is going to be a REAL show now? I can't..

GAW-JAY-YAS bodies

09954248.gif

tumblr_mmjxifmeLx1r8c4p2o1_500.jpg

mAcOdIn

It could be a thing again. I'll sell you my Toshiba HD-DVD player with Wings of Honneamise, Freedom, and The Bourne Trilogy!
But I have Freedom and Honneamise on Bluray and don't care for the Borne Trilogy.

Honestly, I'd sooner buy a VCR or Laserdisc player than a HD-DVD player.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I believe most boxes are random anyway, so there isn't a guarantee that you'll get all the figures even if it is like 8 different variants and you get 10 figures in a box. There's a good chance you will but not always.

Also, I imagine most of the time, it is sold as individual figures instead of a giant box anyway, so you could always end up pulling the same figure over and over again. wwwww

It really depends on the company or product line and whether or not the product is meant to be sold at retailers (i.e. candy toys) or directly to consumers. In the case of these Smile figurines, they're made by Megahouse and from my limited experience with them they seem to have no qualms about exploiting completionists with their variants of variants of variants (see: Portrait of Pirates) so I'm guessing they're just being evil :lol

Metrotab

Banned
Photokano - 6

Wouldn't it be great if they had pulled another Rihoko?

I guess we'll have only three more girls? Which means two will not get their own route? Kinda odd.

CorvoSol

Slayers 1

Oh, Slayers. What can you say about one of the greatest Fantasy Anime series of all time? Lina's a boisterous, brutish sorceress, and Goury is the quintessential idiot hero. The two of them and their unnecessarily overpowered equipment demonstrate why anybody who comes back alive from a quest in an RPG of any sort is a danger to society as Lina uses her OP spell to level a town in the process of saving it from a dragon.

Such a good show.

cajunator

Banned
Slayers 1

Oh, Slayers. What can you say about one of the greatest Fantasy Anime series of all time? Lina's a boisterous, brutish sorceress, and Goury is the quintessential idiot hero. The two of them and their unnecessarily overpowered equipment demonstrate why anybody who comes back alive from a quest in an RPG of any sort is a danger to society as Lina uses her OP spell to level a town in the process of saving it from a dragon.

Such a good show.

I bought every season of it without even seeing half of them because the first ones were so great. It was probably a mistake.

It really depends on the company or product line and whether or not the product is meant to be sold at retailers (i.e. candy toys) or directly to consumers. In the case of these Smile figurines, they're made by Megahouse and from my limited experience with them they seem to have no qualms about exploiting completionists with their variants of variants of variants (see: Portrait of Pirates) so I'm guessing they're just being evil :lol

Ah, probably.

The only ones I actively collect are the One Coin Figure series and usually not in anyway to buy a whole box of them.

Slayers 1

Such a good show.

Man, I'm always tempted to do a rewatch everything this show is brought back up.

now he just looks like he got stuck in a blizzard or something.

I've still yet to play the game, so the anime is off limits until then.

Eh, since the game is multiple routes, you aren't really losing anything by watching the anime first or not missing anything from not playing the games first.

Not to mention with the way the anime has been shaping up, playing then watching will probably just make you hate the anime more.

Honestly, I kind of feel that, as far as the TV stuff goes, at least, the first season is actually the worst of them.

Eh, out of the original three, maybe. The fourth/fifth season combo was the one I really disliked to the point I still haven't seen the fifth season one yet, lol.

Of course, Next, is the true pinnacle of the franchise.

DiGiKerot

Eh, out of the original three, maybe. The fourth/fifth season combo was the one I really disliked to the point I still haven't seen the fifth season one yet, lol.

Of course, Next, is the true pinnacle of the franchise.

Now that I think about it, I've yet to watch that fifth season either!

I'd agree with Next being the best of the franchise, though, or at least my personal favourite part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom