• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.

After doing some Googling around, I have to say that I didn't realize what I said about KyoAni was like, an actual thing people argue over. I was just basing it on casual observation of their shows since K-On!.

So, er...my bad?

Side effect of said Googling: I think I want to watch Chuu2 now.

Nah, I think you were onto something. I think that's why I didn't even realize it was a KyoAni production, and I love just about everything they do.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
OJokki7l.jpg
omg need

Steroyd

I'd be surprised if it ended with anybody, since Maou has shown the sex drive of a wet sponge.

Hopefully we'll at least get a sequel to kanna-cries-gintoki-laughs.gif

We already have the sequel.

i22QuvSDqnNZ.gif

We're up to a trilogy.

Photokano - 06

The stars must be mis-aligned somewhere
childhood friend succeeded!
Time to play the lottery.

So I caught my wife up on Evangelion, though we still have through the Rebuild movie series, but we wanted to watch something much more lighthearted next up.

http://i.imgur.com/qQ761Knl.jpg[/IG]

Will Hyoka do the trick? I only know that it's done by Kyoto Animation. Nothing more than that.[/QUOTE]

Hyouka is amazing, definitely worth checking out. It has one of the best hot springs episodes in all anime.
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m52fcsfsbG1qk2b8oo1_500.gif

Kazzy

Hyouka is amazing, definitely worth checking out. It has one of the best hot springs episodes culture festivals in all anime.

Fixed!

Yes, you should watch it, though it's not big on the spectacle (not to claim that it doesn't look gorgeous), it's certainly a substantive piece of work. So in that regard, it may not be the best thing to watch, if what you're looking for is a non-committal, breezy affair.

zeroshiki

I would argue that the whole cultural festival arc embodied spectacle.

It doesn't have explosions and stuff but it has more than that.

Kazzy

I would argue that the whole cultural festival arc embodied spectacle.

It doesn't have explosions and stuff but it has more than that.

Sure, but I meant more in terms of action, and big set-pieces. But the case could be made that entire thing is nothing, if not a huge emotional one.

I guess just wouldn't like to refer to it in those terms, especially when trying to accurately put across what Hyouka actually is.

.If someone discusses them, but doesn't really like them
(like firehawk12!)
, are they still a nerd?

If anything, that'd make them the biggest nerds!

mAcOdIn

Nadia: The Secret of the Blue Water - 01

Love it. Already loving Nadia and her crazy acrobatics, and Grandis + her lackies are incredibly charming in a Team Rocket sort of way.

Can't wait to watch more. I'm so happy I finally started this.
Enjoy it, that's the last you'll see of that Nadia.

Metrotab

Banned
Photokano - 5

I'm so glad this is apparently going omnibus like Amagami SS. I know it sacrifices pacing and deeper characterisation, but how many shows of this type have those things anyway?

zeroshiki

Its not like the popstar or band like EXILE does that.

EXILE is a bad example because they recently did a thing where if you buy a CD you get the CHANCE to get the PRIVILEGE to pay them 8k or so to watch a concert.

Of course, that CD did monster numbers :lol

Tenumi

Banned
Future Diary: 11

Well, that escalated quickly.
Yukki and Yuno are officially criminals. Shooting at police officers will do that to you

Hoping to have this finished sometime next week. I know its speeding through, but I've been slacking for too long on watching this series.

fertygo

EXILE is a bad example because they recently did a thing where if you buy a CD you get the CHANCE to get the PRIVILEGE to pay them 8k or so to watch a concert.

Of course, that CD did monster numbers :lol

So its like bonus event ticket thing?

Doesn't sound as bad as getting handshake.

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 15

Funny episode! Poor Mugen not getting his side of the deal. I wonder if we're actually gonna see her again though. Kinda crazy women aren't allowed in a red light district.

zeroshiki

It really seems to be limited to female idols (especially Hello! Project ones) though.

I don't think H!P did handshakes very much (or regularly) until AKB turned it into an art form and basically ate their lunch with the concept.

So its like bonus event ticket thing?

Doesn't sound as bad as getting handshake.

There's a chance to not "win" the raffle. This encouraged crazy people to buy loads of the stuff just to gain more entries.

And no, its NOT a bonus event thing. Its the yearly concerts EXILE run in domes. It was the only chance to get in to the event for these fans.

fertygo

There's a chance to not "win" the raffle. This encouraged crazy people to buy loads of the stuff just to gain more entries.

And no, its NOT a bonus event thing. Its the yearly concerts EXILE run in domes. It was the only chance to get in to the event for these fans.

Now this sound bad :lol

You playing lottery to get chance to BUY ticket lol

zeroshiki

To be fair, most "big" concerts have some kind of lottery to get the chance to buy the tickets (all AKB events are lottery based). Its just that EXILE was the only group with the balls to sell the chance to join the lottery. Not even AKB has done that.

Tenumi

Banned
Future Diary: 12

So,
They're no longer criminals, and 4th is dead
. Can't say I didn't expect that, but a story doesn't need to be surprising to be entertaining.

7Th

Twelve varieties but you only get ten per order? Blind boxes can die in a fire. Otaku being easily exploitable completionists ruins it for the people who would just pay a little more for a complete set.

preordered

Enjoy your 8 Wolfruns and 2 Reikas.

Nafe

Shit, I can't remember. Is the 2nd one the one about the Malnourished ghost? Yeah, they're all pretty much standalone. Even the first book doesn't delve into the how and the why Tohko and Konoha are in the club together. This isn't even a spoiler but Tohko's identity is never anayzed or delved into at all.

That's the book, yeah.
Ok. Do you know if the books are still ongoing or is the story/series now finished?

Jex

More characters? There are already so many characters whose identities I barely know. No one has been given a background, motivation, or any sort of development, my brain will explode if they just keep churning out more of them.

You better not watch anymore then. Ever.

Mature

I know close to nothing about Bleach, but it always seemed to me, from what little I caught, that instead of writing a plot they just added more characters. There's so many characters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it's kind of sad that I know most of the characters but not their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom